My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35 quid cellphone bill. I normally pay 15 quid a month.

Looks like the "free Facebook" wasn't so free after all.

I just had a £123 bill. I used it a bit more than normal thanks to buying/selling a house, but it still takes the ######. Got no warning of approaching a limit, and went over by 138 minutes. My tariff is £40/month.

Also, Vodafone don't allow VOIP without adding it on as a paid extra, which I found out when trying to video call my fiancée to show her wedding stuff in a shop.

Arses.

It's time to either get a decent deal from them as my contract is up, or jump ship and go with someone else.

First world problems indeed when you're bitching about not being able to make a video call...

24 month? Haha. They're trying to get people on 36 month contracts over here, I'm amazed that 24 month contracts still exist... That and, as I have a smartphone now, I had to change mine to a "1 GB data and 225 minutes" one.

Also, I broke my mouse today. Like, literally broke. I smashed the cheap POS against my desk when it didn't click like it should have (again).

The worst one I ever got was from Sprint, back in the old days when unlimited data plans were very rare. I was showing off my fancy new phone with some friends at work, listening to a dozen or so "free" preview clips from whatever the Sprint music store was back then, and got a bill for over $600.

What makes me laugh is that t mobile and orange have merged into ee now but Tmobiles unlimited includes everything on the full monty but orange do the same package but the Internet is limited and both charge the same ???

21 quid for the sim only or 40 with a phone package ,

I called to complain, and escalated the call to their cancellations dept., but since it was a new contract (with a hefty termination fee) they had no incentive to keep me as a customer and basically told me to pound sand. IIRC I sucked it up and payed the bill and the termination fee, and for the next ten years I've steered all the personal and professional business away from Sprint that I have influence over (which has turned out to be many tens of thousands). Hope that $600 was worth it, vultures.

So glad I am on PAYG and have a rule of 'if you want to speak to me, just phone me if urgent, email me if it isn't' :P

Well my issue, same one as always. Asked about a site to set up airsoft in Aberdeen (3rd biggest city in a country and no decent airsoft, what the *fruitcage*) and got a no again. Won't stop though, too bad I can't do it illegally as that would be easy to set up (never going to ever be that stupid though unlike some up here).

'FireKnife'

Fireknife, send me an email about setting a site up, I may have found an epic place here in York that appears to be unused...

not saying where yet, but can you say die hard? :3

Great, except I don't live in York and don't have a job there :P

If I did, win, but alas I don't.

'FireKnife'

If we're suggesting far out of the way places, there's an awesome site in Liverpool.... Just Google "Littlewoods Building Liverpool" and you'll see a huge white art deco thing with a clock tower and massive warehouse spaces, car parking and easy access from the M62. It'd be perfect...

Sure, it's like 360 miles away, but I think you should go for it... ;)

True, but first thing is both check insurance and with the council. They are the big things that can quickly shut you down.

But if you want to discuss it, would be nice to hear how a site is getting set up, even though it is unlikely to happen here.

'FireKnife'

The Postal Service. All I know about my revolver is that it left Hong Kong a week ago, three working days after clattering around the sorting room. Then the mail tracking lost it. I got no letter from customs, no info that I have to pick up the package, nothing.

Welcome to the typical world of the postal service.

Find a random generator going 1-10, click it and if you get a 1-4 your screwed, if you get a 5-6 it might turn up, but if you get a 7 it will be fine. A 8-10 means that your going to get arrested.

Good old postal services.

'FireKnife'

My spas stock is in the country, but I have to pay parcelfarce for the privilege of receiving it.

And the recording lies about the charges when you phone to pay.

Are you suprised. I really wish people could just sort something out and choose to use people other than PF, even if it costs a bit more would be better than PF service.

But at least the item is in the UK, how much was it and from where?

'FireKnife'

Archived