My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

My dog just ate my *fruitcage* sausage sandwich :(

Sounds like a heroic dog taking one for the team.

The sausages were probably off, there wasn't enough mustard or, the bread was cut crooked.

I am confused by the description of *fruitcage* sausage. That's not your gentleman's equipment and this isn't some sort of weird urban dictionary thing is it?

And now a movie.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm annoyed that the snow here isn't that heavy. Why, might you ask? BECAUSE I WANT TO BUILD A *fruitcage* SNOWMAN!

Yes I am just a big child! :P

Well even up here in the land of the ever missing Sun we had all of one day of it and it wasn't enough to even play about in.

But then it is now almost gone, I bet none will be here on Sunday for that private game we might be having up here, I wanted to hide in snow damn it.

'FireKnife'

I am sure you can find someone to screw :P.

You have no idea how bad my luck with women is.

Also, I just totally mailbombed the European Commission. 200 megs of documents in ten 20-meg files. Who gives stupid requests, gets them realized in a stupid way.

Mike, best try "private photo-shoot" route again?

I will say "hear hear!" for your efforts to teach the great bureaucratic systems a thing or two about themselves.  Reminds me much of my father's efforts years back with dealing with his superiors in the force.  Ironically he is now in a bureaucratic position, but at least he is active and on the ground with officers and not sitting in an ornate office or playing golf.

Blargfirstworldproblems/quizfail/stillcan'tbuildMPi-km72Blarg.

90% of the people that drive on the roads around me.

Seriously we have had not even 1mm of snow, in most places rain has come along and cleared it away and as I look out at my work I see no snow at all.

So why, in a city that oftens has some of the worst winters in the UK (admittedly not this one, but if you were here in 2009-2010 it was awful) do they drive like a bunch of complete tits? Going at either 10mph everywhere or 50mph down a 30-40mph road on very wet conditions?

How stupid can people be, I mean I know it is Aberdeen, Scotland's dumping ground for the kind of people they don't want in Glasgow or Edinburgh but seriously come on it is not hard to drive when the weather is like this.

'FireKnife'

Lost power for all of sunday.  It comes back on late at night, and we're like "okay, why is the sub pump not working?"

Turns out the pipe leading from it to outside was frozen in one spot.

Countless grueling hours of water in the face and getting drenched while seeking some way to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheer up sunshine, could be worse. You could be stuck having to listen to your GF yap about her friend being a **** over some minor thing for god knows how long.......

oh sweet joy.

So it did work out for you then, good to hear :P.

And mine just goes on about how Twilight / 50SoG is destroying minds and why she is so sick of Aberdeen, add in her bored rants and that is about all.

Still the getting is good so why leave? :P

'FireKnife'

Cheer up sunshine, could be worse. You could be stuck having to listen to your GF yap about her friend being a **** over some minor thing for god knows how long.......

oh sweet joy.

Really? I'm trying to impress an 18-year-old after successfully proving that her first boyfriend was an *albatross* of the lowest sort, her new one is a dolt and I'm not "too old" for her, especially considering that I know what turns her on (sure, I did get nervous during our half-naked snuggling, but more because she was still with the first guy and we were at a party).

Also, I had a dream that the one ex I happen to like died. That *fruitcage*ed up my mood to *suitcase* today.

Really? I'm trying to impress an 18-year-old after successfully proving that her first boyfriend was an *albatross* of the lowest sort, her new one is a dolt and I'm not "too old" for her, especially considering that I know what turns her on (sure, I did get nervous during our half-naked snuggling, but more because she was still with the first guy and we were at a party).

Also, I had a dream that the one ex I happen to like died. That *fruitcage*ed up my mood to *suitcase* today.

Just calm down, sit down and crack open a cold can of beverage (doesn't matter what) and just go blank. As for the dream, ignore it 'cause its just a dream 

Fireknife: yea its going swell, bar the texts at stupid-o'clock saying she's bored....

Mike_West, at least you are clearly proving yourself to be a dependable individual, one that once she realizes is for her, will be able to provide for her a great relationship.

I remembering consoling a few classmates after they broke up with "insert jock dolt here".  I always encouraged them to keep pushing forward.  One girl in particular was always on my mind in terms of worrying.  She was one of the few that liked to bug me when I sat all alone, one that was quirky but also quite socially adept (journalist).  When she talked to me, I usually just asked what her social life was, managing to give advice that actually was valuable (from me of all people).  I once encouraged her to try when she had her eyes set on a jock lad that seemed the perfect match (he wasn't too much of a dolt).  Unfortunately it started a bitter rivalry with the guy's former girlfriend.

I was caught in the crossfires, having to keep the girl motivated to not give in to the ex's torment.  Eventually it all ended before graduation with the two splitting up.

I still regret never taking the initiative and being more than an adviser.  I am just glad she went on to fulfill her life goal of being in journalism.  The oddest thing is, all of all the people in the world, she is the only one I ever confided a few things with.  She was a good soul.

Keep marching on lad.

Right... back on subject.  "Rants about college, lack of reasons to live, immense emotional distress, etc.".

18 years old !!! Damn ,,, I have pubes older than her ...

Erm, thanks for that :P.

Just calm down, sit down and crack open a cold can of beverage (doesn't matter what) and just go blank. As for the dream, ignore it 'cause its just a dream 

Fireknife: yea its going swell, bar the texts at stupid-o'clock saying she's bored....

The true man answer, *fruitcage* it, it will fix itself ;). As for the 'going well' good to hear, the stupid o'clock texts though are something you have to get used to. Just wait until you get the 'I think I am late' or 'my relative has just passed away' ones.

Right... back on subject.  "Rants about college, lack of reasons to live, immense emotional distress, etc.".

Well I have a week spare and the cash for a plane ticket, can come try and improve your life somehow, a woman might help :P.

I must admit, aside from Aberdeen being terrible (but I know I am moving away soon) I don't have much to rant about, everything else is fine and occasionally I have a skirmish or two to attend. Life could be a bit better but a lot worse.

'FireKnife'

So I got back home yesterday, hit a double Honey JD on the rocks followed with a Scotch and Coke, got better. I'm still taking a day off tomorrow, woke up this morning feeling like *suitcase* again. But to hell with that, I'm cooking chimichangas today (my flatmate solved my "I have no idea what to make for lunch" problem by accident).

Mike_West, at least you are clearly proving yourself to be a dependable individual, one that once she realizes is for her, will be able to provide for her a great relationship.

Teens don't always get that, and she's a li'l *fruitcage*ed up in the head. Nothing I couldn't manage, though.

However, it's funny how she tried to seduce me, then said I'm too old and now happily said that if I work on myself (I do agree, I started looking a bit haggard lately), I may have a chance. Apparently my reasoning that her ex was an *albatross* and the current BF has all the social skills and intelligence of a turnip worked. Seriously, we went for a beer with her friends and the new BF on Saturday and he just sat there like an idiot for two hours, not saying a word, while the rest of us freely discussed things like school, work, hobbies and sex lives.

Plus, I think he's a walt.

I always found bad mouthing the ex, a sure fire way of putting them off you. Reason being, they think you're having a go at them, for their poor choice in men/women. Always best to just listen, nod now and again, then take them for a drink. As nine times out of ten, they just want to let off steam.

Rant:- feeling tired all the time. Nothing wrong with me, just tired. It's irritating as hell. Semi rant, small sentences.

I always found bad mouthing the ex, a sure fire way of putting them off you. Reason being, they think you're having a go at them, for their poor choice in men/women.

Doesn't apply when she genuinely hates the ex for being a jackass. And as for drinks, she can get totally smashed with one shot of vodka (which actually could be expected from a skinny 5' girl).

Also, she was quite amazed when I did things for her that her (ex-)boyfriend should have done but didn't.

My advice?

Unless your name is James Bond attached women are still attached women, even if it is to a lump of meat with the personality of a rat.

Considering that (I don't know the statistic) x number of people in y number of peope are single I am sure you can find someone else. If not still look, then maybe she might come to her sense, leave him and get with you, but why hold out for what may not happen instead of getting out and getting some fun or maybe more? I did that once, tried to hold out, it just got boring and hey after 'insert number of women you think I have slept with here' relationships and such I have a decent one that might last and it isn't that person from all those years ago.

As a wise person once told me it may take on or a thousand to find that person you want, but don't waste your time with someone if it isn't going to happen with them. Get out there and live life ;).

'FireKnife'

Theirs plenty of fish in the ocean ect ect.

OT: Just been asked numerous times by the same person what the difference is between a manual and Automatic gearbox...... and we are doing mechanics and he never thought to ask the tutor last year when we where doing the coursework.....

That's some pretty fundamental stuff for a mechanics student to not know.

Especially when you consider that that isn't even scratching the surface of gearboxes:

Single and multi-plate clutches.
Wet or dry clutches.
Torque converter.
Locking torque converter.

Transaxle, longitudinal, transverse.

Sequential.
CVT.
Auto.
Tiptronic (overridden auto).
Dual Sequential Gearbox.
Robotic manual.

etc. etc. etc.