My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Win, win, win.

My wife has finally admitted that she repeats her self, until she gets what she wants (in an argumentative type situation).

M60, how I love your narrow lanes.

Wait you won an argument with a woman?

awesomed.jpg

Living the dream man, living the dream. :P

'FireKnife'

I am becoming less and less of an airsofter and more and more of an amateur prop master. My wishlist is getting full of odd you could need for a sci-fi movie.

So get out there and shoot stuff then :P.

And with a toy gun not a camera. And only in a proper airsoft site.

'FireKnife'

Baz, it doesn't matter what the dictionary definition of a word is.

It doesn't matter whether the person who used the word meant offense.

If someone is offended then the word is offensive.  Simple.

Sure, some people are over sensitive but I don't think it is being over sensitive to ask someone not to put down an entire community of people.

At an old job of mine I was not allowed to be called Ginge.

Ginge is my name.

It has been my name for 20 years.

I was not allowed to be called Ginge because a lady who worked there had asked her colleagues not to call her that.

Is she wrong? Not at all, she found it offensive.

pretty much every word has the potential to cause offense if you're creative enough.

i think it's a bit messed up that no one was allowed to call YOU ginge, if that's your moniker of choice. fair enough if she doesn't like being called it herself, that's somewhat understandable as it's being directed personally and points out a physical feature that perhaps she's somewhat insecure about. To be honest i'd probably never call a woman ginge anyway, it's pretty common for blokes to jokingly use mildly derogatory nicknames, not so much women.

One of the key differences between your example and my example is that in the context i'm talking about using the word gay it's not actually directed at anyone. i wouldn't greet a gay person with "alright poof?" as it could easily be misconstrued as me kind of singling them out based on their sexuality. using gay as a negative adjective in a situation where sexuality does not enter into the equation is fine IMO as it's clearly being used to mean something else

The use of gay by today's youth is different.

What they are saying is this:

PS3 is gay, being gay is bad, therefore PS3 is bad.

That usage only works if you assume that being gay is bad.

perhaps if you think in binary. 

I am becoming less and less of an airsofter and more and more of an amateur prop master. My wishlist is getting full of odd you could need for a sci-fi movie.

I tried that once with an amateur film my brother-in-law had a part in. I supplied all the guns, military kit, pyrotechnics and suchlike as well as spending a full day teaching the "actors" how to use them, what not to do, how to care for them and everything. Not only was I not compensated in any way - not even credited on the film - but the various people involved managed to do over £400 worth of damage for which they refused to pay.

So, yeah, I won't be doing that again, and if you do I strongly recommend that you 1) draw up a contract specifying compensation for damages, etc. and 2) Supervise your equipment being used at all times. 

The repeating approach won't work, as I hate to repeat myself. I now live in fear of the loose women crowd finding out my win, and hunting me down. Ah well, am in York for a few days, I'll enjoy the win before they find me.

Might try and find the militeria shop in York's city centre. Do love a good search.

To say that my father "talked like a sailor" all day would frankly be an insult to the epoch in which the phrase was coined.  He spent his whole day off cursing as he tried to budge a tv-topped dresser so that he could fit a sound system cabinet next to it in the master bedroom.  After helping him move the tv down and back up, I went back down to try to study.  He kept screaming obscenities as he fidgeted with wires.

Let me point out that he does not even use this tv, nor does my mother who does even need nor desire the surround system put in.

He is still cursing at this very moment while he slams his abused laptop around, calling it a piece of *suitcase* despite it being more advanced than mine.  He apparently is failing in his attempt to order a hdmi cable online, despite the fact we have several extra around the house.

He wonders why no one wants to be around him at any time, even his friends.

That potential $2000 hand over I mentioned earlier, I not only have to actually do it, but to get the money this week.

What is it with websites with search bars with 'type here to make a search' or similar.  Really? And the ones that require you to delete that text before you type in your search terms. What are they thinking?

Because Youtube commentors exist?

The repeating approach won't work, as I hate to repeat myself. I now live in fear of the loose women crowd finding out my win, and hunting me down. Ah well, am in York for a few days, I'll enjoy the win before they find me.

Might try and find the militeria shop in York's city centre. Do love a good search.

They will be too busy trying to tax fizzy drinks / *badgeress* about guns / compare each others menopause / generally think they are so bloody downtrodden and life is hard (ignoring the fact they are well above the poverty line). ;)

He is still cursing at this very moment while he slams his abused laptop around, calling it a piece of *suitcase* despite it being more advanced than mine.  He apparently is failing in his attempt to order a hdmi cable online, despite the fact we have several extra around the house.

Ah got to love older people and advanced technology. Why do people buy high end laptops when really they wont use even a quarter of it and then waste that extra £2-300? I have a basic Netbook and phone, but they both run to the levels I want them to and can easily do the same thing as other peoples 'up to date' laptops. Ah well there money I suppose :P.

'FireKnife'

I tried that once with an amateur film my brother-in-law had a part in. I supplied all the guns, military kit, pyrotechnics and suchlike as well as spending a full day teaching the "actors" how to use them, what not to do, how to care for them and everything. Not only was I not compensated in any way - not even credited on the film - but the various people involved managed to do over £400 worth of damage for which they refused to pay.

Well, it's not that bad in my case, I also get photos of me made during those photoshoots and I'm working with responsible adults who know the value of equipment.

And my gripe for today is that my flatmate bailed out for three days without as much as making his bed, I want a WA2000, there isn't any available on the market (seriously, I'd pay $600 for a WA2000 if it was semi-auto. GBB, AEG, doesn't matter, SEMI-AUTO.), the weather sucks and the ladies at Subway forgot a vital part of my order, namely A COOKIE.

Well, it's not that bad in my case, I also get photos of me made during those photoshoots and I'm working with responsible adults who know the value of equipment.

And my gripe for today is that my flatmate bailed out for three days without as much as making his bed, I want a WA2000, there isn't any available on the market (seriously, I'd pay $600 for a WA2000 if it was semi-auto. GBB, AEG, doesn't matter, SEMI-AUTO.), the weather sucks and the ladies at Subway forgot a vital part of my order, namely A COOKIE.

A first world issues, just be grateful you are not a child in some backwards poor country hiding from a guy that paid money to buy a W2000 to pick civilians off with. ;)

'FireKnife'

Gastroenteritis.

This is a silly name for it..

A better name would be "the week of 1000 poos".

I'm on day 5, and so far lost 11 and a half pounds in body weight, and had 2 pieces of bread on Monday night. Before that, my last meal was Friday lunchtime.

It sucks.

A friend of my mother's actually enjoyed gastroentiritis for that very reason. It's obviously not a recommended weight loss technique but she'd been trying to diet/exercise for years, and lost more in a few weeks than she had in a decade. Now she just eats healthy and stays active and she's in much better shape!

The problem with that sort of thing is that in many cases, most of the weight lost is water from dehydration, as soon as you recover from the illness and/or manage to get enough fluids into your system, it comes back.

Plus, of course, the lack of essential nutrition and vitamins, etc that you can't get if you're not able to eat or drink properly...

Archived