My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any hint on what these things might be as that is anything from you fart in all the lifts to you slaughter puppies in front of the young female staff :P.

Well, one rumor is that I spend a lot of work time browsing a military surplus store website (which, of course, is a lie, as it has scalper's prices and I just don't shop for overpriced LPEGs and Miltec gear everyday anyway). Another one was that I don't say good morning.

Well, it sounds like you work with a bunch of whiny pricks.

Having said that, if you want to progress in your job, you've got to play the game unfortunately- the phrase 'dress for the job you want' (not Batman) is quite true. Obviously if you're not fussed about the job it doesn't matter too much, but if it's a permanent gig you're going to get a lot further dressing smart and being mr Politeness ;)

Well, it sounds like you work with a bunch of whiny pricks.

Having said that, if you want to progress in your job, you've got to play the game unfortunately- the phrase 'dress for the job you want' (not Batman) is quite true. Obviously if you're not fussed about the job it doesn't matter too much, but if it's a permanent gig you're going to get a lot further dressing smart and being mr Politeness ;)

This is very true, however......

Well, one rumor is that I spend a lot of work time browsing a military surplus store website (which, of course, is a lie, as it has scalper's prices and I just don't shop for overpriced LPEGs and Miltec gear everyday anyway). Another one was that I don't say good morning.

At my job it is just a case of dress how I want and really get away with what I want. I spend hours on airsoft forums, sorting out games to go to etc and that is about it. Though I do say goo morning to everyone I pass (or good afternoon, depends what the time is) and dress smart casual so they are fine with it :P.

'FireKnife'

I really should stop buying torches. How many is enough? That's a question I just can't answer.

I have this problem too ha.  You'd think it would stop when there's one (or more) in the car, in every bag, in jacket pockets.  But no.  Backups heh.

Fireknife you can't really talk about how many pistols is enough :P

If (in someweird world where this made sense) airsoft was legal concealed carry in the UK I would have one for day to day, one for the house, one for the car (in a book Bond style compartment) and one for the fancy occasions :P.

As for how many, well that depends. Where I am now pistols are near useless. If I lived hear a decent indoor site I dread to think how many I would have :D.

Lol , how many of your pistols have torches fitted to them , that will definatly confuse this issue further ...

None, not a single one. I am a bit of a traditionalist so end up doing a Harries technique, which due to the limited recoil of the average GBB is very easy to pull off ;).

'FireKnife'

Nice to find some one who is old school in their ways , what is the point of having something fast , light and highly manoeuvrable and then slowing it down , making it heavier and bulkier to use ?

I am the same . If it improves what you are using , use it . If its just for looks there is no point ..

There is a reason Harries Technique is obsolete.  Why use it at a detriment to accuracy, speed of follow up shots, freeing up a hand e.t.c. when you can have a lightweight light on your pistol?  It should only be used if it is a necessity.

There is a reason Harries Technique is obsolete.  Why use it at a detriment to accuracy, speed of follow up shots, freeing up a hand e.t.c. when you can have a lightweight light on your pistol?  It should only be used if it is a necessity.

Of course there is, there is also a reason that the 1911 isn't used by everyone on the planet. At the end of the day times change and people can opt to change or not. 

I for one like my classic stuff that works for me. :P

Thankfully in airsoft we have pistols that all do the same thing at roughly the same rate with limited recoil and so the technique still works. Also in some cases having a light seperate is better. When using a mounted light you have to aim where you want the light to be. When using them seperately you can light up one room while having your gun aiming elsewhere and finally you have the option to hold the light out in one arm fully extended to direct shots that way while you aim one handed at your opponent when they expose themselves (oh, er). Unlike some things, like taking a lever action rifle to an assault rifle fight, the light techniques still work, just they need to be applied in a certain way.

Also why did I just put a paragraph defending using a light in your hand over a mounted one? Work is really going slow today.

'FireKnife'

I just run whichever I remember to bag back when I needed one.

Though most of the time I just used other peoples torches and let them fire and light each other up then pick them off as and when needed. Also learning to squint over turning away or putting a hand up increases your reaction time when you get flashed (oh er again) by your opponent.

Plus I don't like rails and have never really looked at the VFC light for the 1911.

'FireKnife'

Meh.

I can see in the dark.

I sort of can, then someone charges in, flashes a light and that's that screwed for a few minutes while I adjust again. :P

Best to just use sound and go slow, it is amazing how many people just don't check their surroundings when they need to. Even I do it when I am in open areas.

'FireKnife'

Most people just stick them on and hope for the best though. I never got that, you are basically just going to end up in a protracted corridor combat that just goes back and forth if you both leave lights on firing from behind obstacles, may as well stick all the lights on and fight normally if that is the case. :P

But then I do my best to avoid plastic slinging, all you often achieve is a hit through luck rather than skill. Personally due to the accuracy of airsoft guns I fire when I have a decent sized part of the target to fire at.

'FireKnife'

Archived