My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the system not the people that causes the problems in the uk . And now the goverment use the media to attack people and portray false opinions to sway the vote and public opinions on everyone . The biggest increase in benefits claimants has actually been working people . Not the so called scroungers . . Wages have decreased in relation to the cost of living . Due to the goverments continued striving to let employers pay low wages and let employers exploit people . . Hence the massive allowed influx of immigrants to drive wages down and new laws to help employers do it .

I noticed ginger people are not covered in that list ? Maybe they have a choice .. Hair dye ..

No, that's covered under disability.

Well in that case I feel bad for him but there are certain employers who actively seek to hire older people to present an image of authority and wisdom.   B&Q is a good example.

I wish him the best of luck.

I agree I just believe the percentages are very different.

As much as they claim they do companies employ the one they can find and then use that as a springboard to make them look better, especially when you have a lot of older people looking for work they pick the best and use that as a way to look like they are doing good, sadly.

As for the percentages, that 10-20% is coming from official statistical documents, as much as we in this world would believe that the majority is the problem it is often the minority showing up the majority that is the real issue. Not trying to lord it over anyone with facts but at the end of the day it is hard evidence compiled by the people whose job it is to actively seek out those that are on benefits, not the ones in government that are trying to twist facts to an advantage.

'FireKnife'

Paranormal. I always thought this related to other worldly activities.

Supernatural. I always thought this related to gouls, ghosts and other things that go bump in the night?

I shall dig out my thesaurus.

I'm watching this morning as there is a person on, talking about their experience with extraterrestrial abduction.

I'm watching this morning

That's the problem right there. I swear that program is put together by people who struggle to chew gum and walk at the same time, although its always funny when they have a women's swimwear / underwear article watching Philip Scofield trying not to get caught perving at the models

I'm just waiting for the day the press find out he's been cheating on his wife

I am sure they know but it is one of those 'hold it until optimum moment' things.

Like the day when someone tries to knife him on set and he gets all self righteous and up himself the press go 'well actually you self important *rickroll*, you have..........'

As much as I hate tabloid press, it would be funny to see a back and forth bitching between those two.

'FireKnife'

Have to agree with both of you. Those shows are what I like to call, unintended satire. I watch them now and again, when I want to get on my high horse and have a giggle.

Rant:- I should realise that pot noodle, should only be a choice, after everything else has been wiped out.

Have to agree with both of you. Those shows are what I like to call, unintended satire. I watch them now and again, when I want to get on my high horse and have a giggle.

Rant:- I should realise that pot noodle, should only be a choice, after everything else has been wiped out.

Well the sad thing is if they brought the show up here they could run it for 10 years without stopping. I hate where Iive, hurry up and pass year so I can move to somwhere else with my two years experience. :(

As for the Pot Noodle, well it should only be consumed if no other edible food exists within 5 miles of you, hell even a single digestive biscuit would be better :P.

'FireKnife'

Must admit, when I went to Aberdeen 10 years ago for filming, it was pretty grim.

Rant: middle of March, and it's snowing in Central London.

It hasn't improved. :P

As for the snow, yeah I know it is going to stop soon but it is bloody freezing in my flat and is making me want to move. However if the Met Office is to be believed from Friday onwards up here it will be around highs of 10 degrees.

'FireKnife'

I'm getting really at my M14 not working properly. It's doing 290 after it last chrono'd at 360-370 and it won't hop anything heavier than a .2.

I've done everything to make sure compression is good so as far as I'm aware, the gearbox is fine. The hop is giving me grief though.

Add on a terrible nights sleep due to lack of pillows and I'm on a rage today!

Had the exact same with my SR25 until recently. Had the barrel cleaned and as luck would have it... it worked. To be honest, I doubt that did it -- but it was bleeding cold last time I tried to use it and I did engage the hop to max. I found that killed the FPS and lift, but when backed off a touch it was back to normal.

Not suggesting that's what's going on with you - but hope you get it sorted all the same soon. :)

Huh, not good at all. What make is it? And also, lack of pillows, how so?

As for my rant, I don't really have one, yes it is cold but nout I can do about that, I have no decent sites near me but I have to get my experience before I move and finally it is a bit too cold for my pistol testing but leaving the mags in the warmer room (lounge) soon sorts that.

'FireKnife'

Must admit, when I went to Aberdeen 10 years ago for filming, it was pretty grim.

And it's snowing here, and it'll be snowing until Thursday, and it'll be getting colder, seriously, *fruitcage* this weather.

Huh, not good at all. What make is it? And also, lack of pillows, how so?

As for my rant, I don't really have one, yes it is cold but nout I can do about that, I have no decent sites near me but I have to get my experience before I move and finally it is a bit too cold for my pistol testing but leaving the mags in the warmer room (lounge) soon sorts that.

'FireKnife'

It's a G&P, so a TM copy. The anti reversal latch is currently bodged with super glue until I can buy a new one. The gun has seen one game! The way G&P designed the AR latch is just ! It's something I've seen fail on many V2 AR latches as well.

Anyway, lack of pillows is due to me crashing at Hwagan's on Saturday night (no homo). I packed all my gear up the next day and forgot my pillows, so I had to make do with the flattest and most uncomfortable pillow I had.

Woke up far too early today to shave with a bit of cold water because our well is apparently on the last leg and thus cannot run water for very long, ended up almost nicking a wide arch down one side of my face.

Told by mother that father thinks his mind has been "poisoned" by his constant use of sleep meds and that they are considering "separation" (which is just a falsity given our current situation).

Mother herself is still in pain with her legs and not getting any sleep.

Apparently some "inspectors" are coming about Wednesday morning to check the water issue, meaning I have to get up and deal with intrusion into my home for several hours with dogs that will act agitated the whole time.  Will probably have to help with financing a new well.

Thinking about the lads down at the Op I'll never possibly partake in.

Generally being not motivated for classwork. 

If I hear one more freshman mention Cancun and how they wish they were there still there..."Mumbles something about frying pan to the face"

I'll take the gloomy snow back now.

Well that sucks.

I hope everything works out for you.

Why wouldn't it be?

Snow is associated with Winter and Spring doesn't start until the 21st of March.

Snowed at Easter one year, might have been 1987?

Can't decide on my next nam era aeg. I was thinking of getting a xm 177e1 by G&P. was also thinking I could use the lower receiver for an L119 (trademarks not withstanding, just swap out the top receiver for an m4 one). Not entirely accurate, but it's good enough for me.

Rant:- Blu-ray player is on it's way out (it's survived being dropped several times by my daughter. Well, she keeps pushing it off the tv stand). Just hope it will last till the next Xbox comes out (which I doubt it will).

Why wouldn't it be?

Snow is associated with Winter and Spring doesn't start until the 21st of March.

I thought it started in or around the first week and moved from the south coast to the tip of Scotland, taking a month to complete it's journey. At least that is according to studies, rather than going by the usual 'British summer time clock change'.

So for it to still be snowing in London makes no sense, for it to be doing so in Scotland does. Saying that the weather report for the rest of the week looks reasonable, even up here.

'FireKnife'

Archived