My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ginger nut biscuits, they're a drug. Well, for me, they're a drug. Am about to have five with a cup of tea, and I know it's wrong, but I can't help myself (if they're any actually drug addicts on here, I do apologise. It's not meant to make light, or poke fun. Merely to highlight, how I view these evil biscuits).

Rant:- bowel movement. After a week of erratic bowel movement, I woke up today to that lovely feeling "ooohhh god, not again". First world problem, yes. Still irritating? Hell. Damme. Yes.

I have just spent the day with a stripper and moist breasts.

Unfortunately,it was a wall paper stripper, and a damp chimney breast. A simple job has turned into some of my lounge needing re plastering thanks to damp - source as yet unknown...

Also, whoever invented woodchip wallpaper should be forced to eat every roll ever made. It's horrible stuff.

On Wednesday I had toothache so I took some Nurofen and later on some more Ibuprofen, well within limited doses and nowhere near enough to feel any effects.

Cue me waking up at 4am on Thursday, on the couch thinking I am going to be sick and other stuff all in one go while burning up, I get to the bathroom and do something I have never in my life done before, faint.

I bounce my head off the sink, arm off the bath and leg off the towel rail, stagger up, fall out of the bathroom, crawl to my room and strip down to loose heat quickly, taking a glass of water with me, crawling to get it.

After spending 24hrs in bed on Thurs-Fri, only drinking water and falling in and out of sleep I am now much, much better. However the biggest issue with this all? I have no *fruitcage* idea why this happened and my tooth is still in pain.

'FireKnife'

On Wednesday I had toothache so I took some Nurofen and later on some more Ibuprofen, well within limited doses and nowhere near enough to feel any effects.

Cue me waking up at 4am on Thursday, on the couch thinking I am going to be sick and other stuff all in one go while burning up, I get to the bathroom and do something I have never in my life done before, faint.

I bounce my head off the sink, arm off the bath and leg off the towel rail, stagger up, fall out of the bathroom, crawl to my room and strip down to loose heat quickly, taking a glass of water with me, crawling to get it.

After spending 24hrs in bed on Thurs-Fri, only drinking water and falling in and out of sleep I am now much, much better. However the biggest issue with this all? I have no *fruitcage* idea why this happened and my tooth is still in pain.

'FireKnife'

i wouldnt have thought it would have been the ibuprofen. with paracetamol the difference between a therapeutic dose and a potentially harmful is relatively small, but ibuprofen is apparently safe at double the typical over the counter recommended dose (so 800mg as opposed to 400).

it's funny when you get random things like that happen, last year i woke up one morning barely able to move from back pain. i've never had trouble with my back before or since then, but i woke up and was in agony as soon as i tried to move. was a little stiff the next day but it sorted itself out in under 2 days and hasnt been back. odd.

The toothache / fainting issue could have been a dehydration issue , when we are in pain we sweat profusely .regardless of whether we are awake or asleep .

I think the toothache is just the way my teeth are, it has happened before.

As for the fainting I do think it is dehydration but as I regularly drink water along with fruit drinks, fizzy and squash stuff I am not sure why that day alone I would feel dehydrated?

'FireKnife'

Eh, I have a fun relationship with fainting.  Last major one was back at community college.  I left the room to try and get some air, fell down immediately onto granite floor about 10 feet from the door, woke up by my professor, who said the class heard a heavy thump.  I had my braces still in back then, so my mouth was all torn up.

Good times...

Ive had good times with fainting.

My sister fainted on a train once and nearly fell out onto the platform due to her proxmity to sliding doors.

When i had my usual scraps with a good mate of mine i usually lost, however when i did win i proceeded to go into the kitchen get a drink of juice, collapse in a heap on the kitchen floor before stumbling outside to void my stomach.

And people say that their childhood was boring.....

Guess who lost an auction.

Sure, Bronze Stars usually fetch for 20 quid over here and the poor daft sap gave the minimum price as 2 quid. I'd bid higher than 8 quid if I had disposable funds, but I kinda said "screw that" seeing that one bidder was particularly persistent. Oh well, on Ebay they have one for $15 in a slightly better shape (and a box!), I might risk it.

And don't get me started on the South Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm Leaf, the same daft sap gave the minimum price as 2 quid and over the last hour of the auction the bids reached 20 quid. Sure, it was beat up as all hell, but IT HAD A RIBBON. Trawling Ebay for a couple of hours I found mostly ones that were in even worse shape, without ribbons or devices of any kind.

Managed to back into a wall with the rear of my car earlier. Fortunately there's no real damage, maybe some tiny scuffs on the plastic but that's it. Still, not a nice start to the morning. It's not as bad as the poor guy I saw scrape the whole side of his nice new car along one of the pillars here!

Also my lack of sleep is currently bugging me, why can't the rest of my office leave me so I can have a snooze. :P I might have to go to one of the hub rooms for a nap!

Managed to back into a wall with the rear of my car earlier. Fortunately there's no real damage, maybe some tiny scuffs on the plastic but that's it. Still, not a nice start to the morning. It's not as bad as the poor guy I saw scrape the whole side of his nice new car along one of the pillars here!

Also my lack of sleep is currently bugging me, why can't the rest of my office leave me so I can have a snooze. :P I might have to go to one of the hub rooms for a nap!

Nothing beats a secured server room for a sleep, as that way you know that only 3 other people are likely to come in and find you. Always best to have a PC running a program too so it looks like you are 'waiting' for it :P.

'FireKnife'

Archived