My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just rebuilt my M14 after about a year of it being in pieces after upgrading it, sanded the stock, restained a lovely walnut brown, installed a scope mount and scope, et et etc...

Just put the battery in and it doesnt turn over.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

will strip it all down and tinker with it this evening, but still, *fruitcage* irritating. Esp as i need to sell it to afford more parts for my shotgun project :<

Mine is moving in.

Goodbye to all this free space I have.

Hello to half the bills being paid.

Not sure which I prefer.

Sex on tap. That is all.

I had a girlfriend once, now I do not.

:(

You can have another one, I am sure there is another one out there for you.

As for my advice, well it depends on the person you are, most people will either:

1. Wallow a bit and then try going back to enjoying being single and having a laugh, find someone another time.

2. Accept it and just think 'well maybe I can do better', find someone when you find them.

3. Meaningless sex, this route is common for some but seems odd to others. Have tried it and it can be meh.

4. Wallow in self pity and get a bit stalker-ish about it. This is the only route I would say don't do, it loses you more than just a girlfriend.

If this is the first time you have come out of a long or sexual relationship you will quickly see which of these you become, just accept that is who you are and don't try to bend perceptions to what others think. If you want to wallow a little or shag everything in site, go do that and enjoy it. One day you will find something serious, same goes to everyone I would say.

'FireKnife'

Bbwwwwahahahahaa. You'll love it Smook, trust me. I put a post in here, about not washing my hands properly and eating wotsits, straight after cleaning a big dung nappy. Uuuurrrggghhh.

You're not really selling it to me...!

I can't wait though :)

China Post. Bunch of smug *fruitcage*wits. When you use the Chinese version of their tracker, names of their post facilities are given straight. In English version, they're eight-digit codes that make no sense to anyone. I think I'll have to make a spreadsheet with their major sorting facilities and their number codes, so I don't have to copy whatever the tracker pukes out into Google Translate and put semicolons after everything that looks like a phrase.

As for Apple, why go with a standard when you can make something that doesn't work with any thing else (including your own products!) and charge more because it's shiny? That's Apple logic and *fruitcage*ed if I know how they get away with it.

You know I am the first to have a go at Apple for their stupid shenanigans but the new charging adapter they have just brought out is brilliant.

Not only is it standard across the phones and tablets, it is smaller than the old 30 pin one, has many - many amps of power capacity, is not asymetrical i.e. it works upside-down and it is not prone to wearing out.

Not only is it better that the old 30 pin abomination, it's better than USD micro-b which is the industry standard for phone charging.

The reason that the 10" tablets don't use USB micro-b is that it doesn't have enough juice to charge them.

For the frst time ever I actually think it would be a good idea if everyone else standardised to Apples charger.

Of course Apple would gouge everyone for the franchising rights, then probably sue people for using it.

With the bi-directional 100W USB on the way (if Intel can convince people to use it) then the USB comittee really need to think about coming up with a new standard for charging smaller devices.

Something like Apple's new thing - reversible, high Amperage, data and charge, bi-directional, robust and such.

Set a standard and bloody stick with it.

That, or hurry up with standardised wireless charging.

*snip*

Fair point dude, I don't keep up with anything Apple so I didn't realise that they used it on anything else other than the iPhone 5. If they are using it on other products then fair enough, but it did kind of knacker the old docks and other peripherals as far as I'm aware.

You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else , chin up mate do everything you want to do . At least you won't get moaned at for doing it now ...

as much as i appreciate your support it's not really as easy as flicking the switches marked 'happy', 'motivated' and 'self esteem'.

oddly enough today i saw this pop up at the top of my tumblr dashboard: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/depression-part-two.html

found it quite startling how accurate most of this is for me at the moment. either way, i've ordered a load of 5htp which should be getting here tomorrow i'll probably see how that goes for a month or so and see if it helps.

Music is a good idea. Anything that lets you express yourself and is personal, is a good thing. Writing, be it music or stories (be it a novel, comic) I always find very fulfilling. I've spent many a night listening to old soundtracks and letting my imagination run wild. Just be careful, you can loose track of time (stayed up, all night long writing, a fair few times).

i don't really have the creative capacity to create my own music (as much as i'd love to) perhaps if and when i get the hang of mixing tunes i could start trying to produce my own. at the moment my mind is pretty much silent, perhaps if i start to gain a better understanding of the music i love and can focus my mind then ideas will start flowing about again then i'll have something to work with. no change there then, i constantly lose track of time as it is, usually while sitting on the sofa staring at the wall or a blank TV screen. so frankly it'd be nice to lose myself in something challenging and creative for a change. i do think this might be the answer for me since it really feels like music is one of the few proper escapes i have, if i whack some sort of hard dance on it'll often put me on a massive high, almost feels like i'm on E and i'll often dance around my living room like a twat for a good half hour plus.

I've always liked shutting off the world and listening to a decent album (not just a few tracks that I like off an album, but the whole album). One of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long time, is the soundtrack to the movie "Drive". That's inspiring.

Also, the more you do, the better you become. Maybe take a look at the making of a track, how they get inspired or how they start a new track. I'd say, start with writing down short sentences, that describe how you feel about a thing or a place. Take it from there.

Rant:- lost more parts to my disassembled v3 gearbox. Bloody hell.

That's the thing, I'm not too sure. Definitely still got piston, fps spring, all the gears (and the gear box casing). Lost the trigger mech and all the springs for the gears. Bloody pain. I'll take a picture tomorrow night of what's left and send it to you via pm Tinkerton, if that's okay with you?

Thanks for the help.

So, my mother, of all people, wants to put down our elderly Labrador Retriever Rusty (for his red color).  He is around 13-14 years old, and right around midnight had an accident when she tried to get him to go down the steps to the middle hallway and then to go outside.  He fell under his rear legs and peed a small amount on the floor.  We eventually were able to get him outside and then back in, and now he is just laying down in the middle hallway, turning his head from time to time to look at the mesh door by the deck.  All the time earlier she kept saying how he should go before it gets worst, that this time I will be able to go see him off, etc., etc.

Let me lay down what happened previously to my first Labrador, Max.

One day in elementary school (I want to say third grade, but it could have been much earlier), I came home to find my mother sobbing in her bedroom.  My dad's father living next door had taken Max in to be put down, without any of us knowing or granting permission.  Apparently he thought it best to put him down before conditions inside of him worsened to the point where they were visible.  We sat together on the bed and cried for over 24 hours.

The thing about it was, it broke me.  Max was there when I was first brought to our old home, he guarded my crib, kept me safe, always kept me playing.  My mind fractured, only further dividing me from any social contact outside my family.  I still hold a part of me that appeared that day, the part that comes out whenever I become too unstable emotionally, the kind of side that wants to go end it all.  It's not something you go to therapy for, it just exists.  As the years have gone by, I've dealt with it, to the point where now it just becomes a daily irritant that quickly gets displaced by other things.

Now, if it happens again, even though I know now it is inevitable for everyone, and "insert long winded discussion about maturation into adulthood and whatnot" I still think I will suffer again the same way.  The folks have feared it too, hence why they were reluctant to do anything earlier to Rusty when he first started getting "old".

Rusty isn't completely incapacitated, he still shows signs of wanting to stay.  He always appears by the door when someone comes home, he still likes getting treats, and he will go outside on his own accord more than what happened earlier.  I know that people say "well, maybe he is just silently suffering".  Sure, someone could probably lecture me on how to tell and then I would be convinced.  I myself do not think he is, and not just because I am a selfish twat like everyone else who has had pets.

This was not how I saw Victory Day ending for me. :no:

No worries Tinkerton, I've sourced a new trigger mech (on ebay of all places), it's just the tiny bits. I'll take a picture later, see what you think.

I think you should get your dog checked out and let the vet decide, what is the best course of action. It's always sad loosing a pet, but you must always put the pet's health, before your own needs. Your dog may well be in pain or may just need a course of medication. I had to watch the family dog (a Corgi by the name of Mitzi), be taken to be put down by my uncle. My mother couldn't do it because she was too distraught (Dad couldn't because he had work) and I was too young (14 at the time). I really don't envy you and it will be a very difficult thing, to do. Good luck and I hope your dog, just needs medication.

On a side note. Is the word, that means pregnant fish and also used as a swear word, not classed as a swear word, on Arnies? Seen it pop up a couple of times (I think it's one of the harshest swears, in my own humble opinion).

It wasn't really worthy of a thread, I'm just intensely annoyed. Long story short is I sent them an e-mail on Tuesday last week asking if paying for Saturday delivery with a bunch of stuff on Thursday would be affected by the bank holiday; Got no response, so ordered on Thursday morning assuming it'd be fine... Only to be told nothing was getting shipped for the weekend at all, which has tied up £615 of my money while I await a refund from them, and I had to go spend the other half of my paycheque on stuff I needed for Sunday. 

Essentially, if they'd replied to my e-mail, I wouldn't be financially screwed for a week and they'd have made £615's worth of business rather than losing my custom forever.

On this subject, apologies for the delay in any refunds. This is not the normal case and we do try and process any refunds immediately. Looking into this you ordered at 9.56 on 28/03/13 then an email from you to cancel was on 28/03/13 at 11.43. The payment was never committed from LWA so any refund may have been caused by a delay in the banking over a holiday weekend. 

No email was ever received on the Tuesday which is why there was no reply. If in doubt and you require a quick answer you can call us 0131 654 2452 

You ordered your goods on a bank holiday weekend, I cannot understand why this is our fault that you could not have a Saturday delivery when we do not control the courier delivery dates.

In short I do not believe LWA has failed at all for this order. I am sorry you feel wronged but we simply cannot control the courier delivery holidays.

Regards

Scott 

LWA

On this subject, apologies for the delay in any refunds. This is not the normal case and we do try and process any refunds immediately. Looking into this you ordered at 9.56 on 28/03/13 then an email from you to cancel was on 28/03/13 at 11.43. The payment was never committed from LWA so any refund may have been caused by a delay in the banking over a holiday weekend. 

No email was ever received on the Tuesday which is why there was no reply. If in doubt and you require a quick answer you can call us 0131 654 2452 

You ordered your goods on a bank holiday weekend, I cannot understand why this is our fault that you could not have a Saturday delivery when we do not control the courier delivery dates.

In short I do not believe LWA has failed at all for this order. I am sorry you feel wronged but we simply cannot control the courier delivery holidays.

Regards

Scott 

LWA

I'm not saying you failed; I just dispute the fact you didn't receive my e-mail - I've sent many, many emails to info@landwarriorairsoft.com from the same address, and they've always got through absolutely fine - Here's the screen print of the e-mail I sent from my sent folder - I'm not seeing any spelling mistakes in the address, nor can I fathom why despite 10's of previous emails getting through absolutely fine, this one would wouldn't.

landwarrior.jpg

As for ordering on a bank holiday weekend; I made the order on a business day (Thursday) and paid for Saturday delivery, and Saturday is a standard weekend day - Friday and Monday are the bank holidays - I still received the post on Saturday.

Either way, you guys obviously aren't struggling for business and I'm not struggling to find Airsoft retailers, so it's no longer an issue as far as I'm concerned. My personal feelings are that the e-mail got through fine and was probably missed, hence why I chose to complain; If that really isn't the case, I'm happy to be proved wrong on that, and if the e-mail genuinely didn't get through I'll gladly eat my words.

*Waits for FB statement that LWA will no longer supply Hwagan*

:P

Meh, I spent ages singing their praises all over the boards prior to this - I'm not at all saying they're a bad retailer, far from it - I'm merely stating that this minor screwup caused me a ruined weekend, a load of grief as a result of (temporary) money issues, and the desire to not use LWA again :P

Meh, I spent ages singing their praises all over the boards prior to this - I'm not at all saying they're a bad retailer, far from it - I'm merely stating that this minor screwup caused me a ruined weekend, a load of grief as a result of (temporary) money issues, and the desire to not use LWA again :P

I hear ya :P Everyone screws up now and again. Myself more often than most!

Our team "procurement" dude has thrown his toys out of his pram with regards to LWA though, due to the amount of times he gets an email saying an item is out of stock. Usually after said item was supposed to be delivered. Still, like you said... They ain't short of business, and we're not short of retailers ;).

Local postal service. Tracking services from three countries show my packages as sent out. Only one actually got scanned on arrival here.

My flatmate's new ACM M945. BRB, I'm off to cockpunch the guy.

So, according to the tracking app on the local postal service's website, one of my parcels will be entered into the system tomorrow at 7PM.

Which pretty much shows what a lying (and lazy) bunch of gits they are.

First time I have turned my PS3 on in about 6 months and I can't find the game I want to play! Got a feeling someone borrowed it back in KSA and I never got it back. I fancy post apocalyptic wasteland fun. :(

hahaha, i did that a while ago, got really psyched up to finally start playing red dead redemption, opened the case... empty :(

Archived