My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

This always gets me in films, where the animal is used as a 'those heartless bastards' kind of thing. Like in the film Hostage, you know the bad guys are bad as they kill the family dog. Ignore that they have kidnapped people and shot others, they killed the dog damned it. :P

Shooter [best film ever BTW].

Bobby Lee's principal motivation.  I mean, he could open the fridge and get a cold one...

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mother breaks down from time to time when she comes home from work.  I have somehow gone against my inner self, working diligently at the golf course and pretty much remaining in a stupor at home.  I think my fractured mind is simply trying to avoid a full takeover from a part that would just cause more grief to the family, but it could also be the allergies or the aftereffects of my insomnia.  Thanks for all the kind words, they are much better than the typical responses from extended family that I have been receiving.

Winston (yes, I named him after Mr. Churchill and he is indeed a grump when disturbed) seems to not reacted yet, though time will tell whether he'll realize or not.  It is a trying time for my family.  My father, being the ignorant bigot he is, keeps talking about getting refunds for Rusty's past medications and generally just upsetting the rest of us.  He complains about being lonely to my mom, yet all these years it hasn't sunk into him that no one wants to be near him because of his bigotness and the way he talks.

I suppose I should be ranting about work or my lack of getting to fields now, shouldn't I?

Equality and diversity training at work today.

The most pointless and irritating training possible.  It is entirely useless.

Those staff who are bigots will not change because of an hour of powerpoint and those staff who are not do not need the training.

Waste of my time.

Bigots need to see the light, that or have the light introduced to the centre of their brains by way of a 5.56mm hole.

Also, accidentally saw a minute of *suitcasey* la beef in wall street and was a little bit sick into my mouth.

I bought wrong screws, because some mong in the screwdriver bit factory signed the hex bits one number too small. The "4" bit fits M5 bolts, "3" bit fits M4 bolts and I wouldn't be any wiser to that if I didn't need one specific kind of bolt to put my Ruger finally together. So I had to go back to B&Q and get a pack of proper M5 screws.

I always take an example of the screw with me, or put a ruler next to the screw and take a picture (if you don't fancy taking the object with you, that the screws are attached too). Which reminds me, need to head to BnQ, see if they have any punches and toffee hammers (which I doubt, but I just love going there and playing with the power tools).

Ouch, so who gave it the computer herpes?

Though with my work all I have to worry about is accesses and printers, no-one worries about server viruses as we so rarely get them, we try to keep people away from the important bits of the server as much as possible.

'FireKnife'

I'm not sure how it got there but all I do know is that it's doing my head in. I'm not the one fixing it, but we're getting bombarded with calls about PC's going slowly and programs now working.

Another brilliant thing was the help desk call that literally only said "PC isn't working". I generally don't complain about the help desk even though they can't spell and generally get things wrong, but that took the urine.

Pfft I get that all day at work. Though they don't seem to realise what the words 'every single PC is networked to a single connection which is headed up in Paris, so it will be slow' mean.

What as in the call to the help desk was just 'PC not working' or that was what the help desk person put?

I do partly help desk and by now most, if not all, of the people at my work know not to answer with '<insert machine here> is broken'. They know actually explain the problem as best they can which helps a lot.

Though today not much is breaking which is good, but when stuff does work it means I don't have much to do. Well aside from the sort out a video camera then shoot and edit a short film for the Papetrie. Maybe I should do what my managers do and after the equipment has been used just keep it for myself and make my own 'home movies' :P.

'FireKnife'

It doesn't help that my mind is clouded by women troubles as well. It's the whole I like her but she doesn't like me thing. Trouble is that no matter how many times we talk it over I can't seem to get her out of my system. I really like her as a friend but my feelings are just messing me up. I feel the only option I have is to end the friendship. Not the ideal route naturally but I've had enough.

So yea, *fruitcage* this week and *fruitcage* pretty much everything at the moment.

Meh, move on and forget about it. I know that sounds harsh but look at it this way, you either stop yourself now or you snap and have a go at her without meaning to. At least if you do it now you can deal with it a lot easier too.

Plus there is always airsoft, nothing says 'sod women' like blasting chunks of white stuff at others.

Maybe though that is just me and my inability to give a toss about worries and things. Unless they make me bankrupt or cripple me physically it will pass eventually :D.

'FireKnife'

Well make it or it gets worse, simple as that.

Sadly I have had to do this too many times from both sides of the fence and it never gets easier, just be glad you only have to do it this one time and hopefully no more. ;)

'FireKnife'

Call to T-Mob.

Me: Hi, I'd like my PAC please.

T-Mob: OK.  Can I ask why you're leaving? I see you haven't even tried the upgrade or retentions department. 

Me: To be honest, from talking to others who have wanted to upgrade with you, your offers have been atrocious and are just what you offer to new customers.

T-Mob: Not true.  You have built up a loyalty with us for over 4 years and the will benefit you to get a good deal.

Me: Hmm, OK.  What's your best deal on an S4, keeping my current mins e.t.c.?

T-Mob: OK.  That would be £38 a month on an 19m contract and £100 for the phone.

Me: Ha.  No thanks.  PAC please.

£1 a month more expensive than for brand new customers on their website lol.  Muppets.

Call to T-Mob.

Me: Hi, I'd like my PAC please.

T-Mob: OK.  Can I ask why you're leaving? I see you haven't even tried the upgrade or retentions department. 

Me: To be honest, from talking to others who have wanted to upgrade with you, your offers have been atrocious and are just what you offer to new customers.

T-Mob: Not true.  You have built up a loyalty with us for over 4 years and the will benefit you to get a good deal.

Me: Hmm, OK.  What's your best deal on an S4, keeping my current mins e.t.c.?

T-Mob: OK.  That would be £38 a month on an 19m contract and £100 for the phone.

Me: Ha.  No thanks.  PAC please.

£1 a month more expensive than for brand new customers on their website lol.  Muppets.

Vodafone have been entirely fantastic for me for over 6 years now.

Been with O2 a few years now.

Recently they called me up and offered me a 12 month contract that would save me between 5 and 7 quid a month on what I was currently using, with more minutes, unlimited texts and a new handset after 9 months.

Very happy with them tbh.

I was with vodafone but their upgrade packages were terrible when my contract ended...shame because they do offer a good service, and arguably the best signal. But too expensive for a lowly student! :(

O2 again are expensive and my friend who'd been with them for years didn't really get any loyalty bonus.

I went with Tesco in the end! Super cheap, 30 day contract so I can change my mind. I'm aware the service isn't amazing and they probably won't ever offer me a discount but whatevs. Only a tenner to begin with.

On the other hand, my other friend who's with 3 has built up an impressive loyalty discount, £5.15 a month for something like 3 GB of data, all the texts you could ever use and enough minutes (300 or more, I forget).

Rant about phones and *suitcase* over. Hate trying to find a contract.

Well, my current plan is to jump ship to O2 on their refresh plan which is pretty cool.  They split the cost of the contract between line rental and the phone cost.  So you can enter a 18/24 contract but the contract is with the phone, which you can pay off the next day and then move somewhere else if you fancy it.  I was going to try O2 until 3 released their free 4G upgrade and see what that was like.

Oh, so T-Mobile are a bunch of *fruitcage*wits in every country? I'm a bit surprised, honestly.

On the other hand, the idiot from Orange disabled the wrong thing on my account and I swear to God that if it turns out I still have to pay a tenner for a thing I don't use, I'm gonna get killy.

Can't say much about whoever my family pays ridiculous amounts to (probably AT&T).  I just know that there is an annoying button in the center of my phone that instantly takes you to the internet function, that since we don't have in our plan, charges every time it is hit.

I've wanted to pry the button off with a flathead screwdriver for a long time.

Soon I am off to try and keep my cousin entertained, whilst my Flora Uniform arrives later and remains unopened.

Also, High School Golf teams, so much hatred burns within me for them, much more than my acid reflex.  What is my bosses' scheduling idea?  Have me get up at the crack of dawn on the upcoming monday so I can set up pyramids of range balls for them and their bloody invitational that will take up the whole day.

It's like they think I am the Hulk in disguise, and are trying to get me raging enough to flip a cart over.

I'm with GiffGaff, £12 a month for unlimited texts (wahoo!), 250 minutes (which i never used more than 10% of) and unlimited internet.

Unlimited internets...

They get a bit narky if you properly abuse it, but i've used in excess of 15gb one month and nary a whisper... :F

Archived