My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, plan B didn't work then . . . .

Plan 9 works perfectly though, seriously if you know about it you will agree.

As for World War Z, well I think it will go in the downlaod / borrow / rent pile. Saying that I think I am going to be dragged along to see many films by this new girl, she has a thing for bad and good cinema.

'FireKnife'

If it had been called something else, it wouldn't have been a bad film. But calling it World War Z was just a crime. It had NOTHING in common with that awesome novel. I can't believe J. Michael Straczynski was involved in making something so poor....

The worst part is that now no-one can make a REAL World War Z film, at least not for years. :(

It wouldn't have been *FINE* but it wouldn't have been such a disaster. There's plenty of good points in the film, if you don't *know* that it's all wrong compared to the book. From fast zombies to the completely different narrative, it's completely detached from Max Brooks' work. 

I must admit it looked like bad CGI in parts and ok in others. I suppose though in some cases it is either spend millions more on a scene or a few thousand on a quick shoot and some CGI etc.

Ah gone are the days of Ray Harryhausen (was watching Clash of the Titans last night). Too bad.

'FireKnife'

I think the zombie movie has been done to death (pun, what pun). There needs to be a hiatus, of at least ten years, for the zombie movie to have impact again. It's like that twilight saga, that put the nail in the coffin of decent horror movies, with vampires in them (30 days of night was good, but it could have easily have been a zombie/werewolf movie. Though, I do like it, it just wasn't great).

Somewhere there is a correlation graph about 'when zombies / vampire movies are popular there is a Democrat / Republican (*fruitcage*-wit)' in the White House.

It was actually quite apt. Though I agree zombie films need to have a little time out though what would we have in their place? I suppose the biggest draw for zombie films is that of all the monsters and creatures of fantasy they have the biggest potential to be real and happen sometime soon (and if not zombies then crazed, feral humans etc).

Either way what they could do is actually put zombies back into Resident Evil or make a proper zombie horror again, not an action film with them taped on. :P

'FireKnife'

Ah what I wouldn't give for them to have say Jeff Bridges as Barry delivering all those amazing one liners instead of the bloke they got for the film.

Do you even think Paul W. S. Anderson sat down and actually looked at the games? Perhaps he is just British (yes he comes from Wallsend In Newcastle, perhaps that explains a lot as I have seen Wallsend myself) Uwe Boll?

Edit: I also checked the Wiki page for him, it has Untitled Resident Evil Sequel. Is it me or with the way the films are going would you care if that actually became the title? :P

'FireKnife'

I read a collection of short stories of zombie fiction that summed up quite well in the forward about what 'zombies' mean to popular culture and how it has evolved from the real meaning of zombie from Haiti, through to what was originally called a 'ghoul' in the dawn of the dead film but the term zombie was coined for right up to modern day fast as *fruitcage* 28 days later style zombies.

Anyone noticed that a lot of people that are claiming to be preparing for the zombie apocalypse are rather large geeks who don't stand a chance of outrunning anything yet harbour dreams of surviving the zombie hordes where the military and law enforcement fail? Perhaps getting a change to wear their surplus military equipment down the high street without getting bottled by the local chavs.

Got verbally abused by a parent after asking a member of staff to remove the children from the adults only pool at my holiday resort.

To clarify, this is a bloody massive complex with 5 hotels in it, a beach with life guarded swimming area, separate salt water pool, spa pool, fun pool, fun pool 2, premier pool with a current and kayaks and 1 adults only pool which is secluded, quiet and relaxing.

It has a large sign saying "adults only", it has a swim-up bar, it has steps - no ramp and is 5' deep with no life guard.  I loved it.

There were several screaming parasites running around, apparently all belonging to one hideous monster.

I asked the bar tender in the pool to ask them to leave, he did.

The "parent" had a right old go at me.

In the end I had to threaten to put her in a Mexican hospital for the rest of her holiday if she didn't *fruitcage* off.

Then on my penultimate dive my £1200 dive computer crapped out.

Then I got home and found out my Gran has died.

Now I am back in Germany on a day's notice.

My Note has stopped charging which wouldn't be a huge problem if I hadn't forgotten the satnav and 3 hadn't screwed up the next day delivery on my new S4.

It's probably arrived by now, fat lot of good it will do me there though.

Rest of the holiday was good and my Gran was really ill and death is probably an upside for her now but still, pretty crappy week.

The car of my dreams (literally) is for sale on eBay. It is only 800 quid (atm).

It is, however, 450 miles away and doesn't run. Needs just the right amount of Tinkerton tinkering to be a fun project.

I am just about depressed enough to buy it anyway and *fruitcage* you all becuase its the only car I've ever *wanted*, and *fruitcage* it, you only live once and i can live on beans for a while...

Archived