My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. Issued a refund on my Punisher DVD as the item is out of stock. Got to wait a little bit longer (first world issue) for my Dolph as Punisher, fix.

I am sure you really can wait, in fact I just flat out wouldn't bother :P.

Again I come here with nothing to complain about, damn it.

'FireKnife'

I'm getting more and more off with my job. Now I have to deal with the organization that has the dumbest website interface I ever saw. Their division structure and naming is just as retarded and makes zero sense compared to FOUR other organizations I had to deal with already.

It's worse than a Chinese airsoft shop made on a shoestring budget with solutions written by underfed high-schoolers (all two of them)!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow it always worries me when people pay way over the odds for an item when they don't need to :P

However I do know that the local stockists for Viper in Aberdeen sells them at a 25% markup on even the Viper website prices which are high enough already.

'FireKnife'

Me:- "Hey, that is one *suitcase* movie. It will make your eyes bleed vinegar"

Other:- "Hey, I like to make my own mind up"

Other watches really bad movie, and then . . . . .

Other:- "My eeeeeyyyyyyeeeeeeeessssss"

Me:- "Warned you"

Why ask for an opinion, get said opinion, and then go a head with it anyway. This applies to a lot of things in life. Don't buy that, it'll brake in a week, etcetera. But, some people just love misery. Their own stubbornness drives them on, in to miss-guided view, of what is good, decent, worth it. When really they end up liking/putting up with it, as they hate to be wrong.

Me:- "Hey, that is one *suitcase* movie. It will make your eyes bleed vinegar"

Other:- "Hey, I like to make my own mind up"

Other watches really bad movie, and then . . . . .

Other:- "My eeeeeyyyyyyeeeeeeeessssss"

Me:- "Warned you"

Why ask for an opinion, get said opinion, and then go a head with it anyway. This applies to a lot of things in life. Don't buy that, it'll brake in a week, etcetera. But, some people just love misery. Their own stubbornness drives them on, in to miss-guided view, of what is good, decent, worth it. When really they end up liking/putting up with it, as they hate to be wrong.

Because us stubborn SOB's are a bit too stubborn.........still it has its perks e.g i can argue with a women for hours and still not drop it 5 hours later. ;)

OT: Lawnmowers......I swear if one more dozy pensioner decides to mow his lawn today, im going to run him over with his lawnmower. 

I find it easier to just not ask, watch / do it and make your own mind up.

That is why my list of 'stuff still to do in the bedroom' is so short ;).

Also why it took so many pistols until I found one I liked (fun fact I used to not like 1911s at all, in fact I would never have thought they would be my favourite).

'FireKnife'

See, exactly. If you're going to buy/watch/do it any way, why bother asking. It's like you're saying to the person, who you ask, "your opinion doesn't matter at all. I just want you to agree".

As to arguments, once your point is made, that's the end of that. Going on and on, won't change a thing.

See, exactly. If you're going to buy/watch/do it any way, why bother asking. It's like you're saying to the person, who you ask, "your opinion doesn't matter at all. I just want you to agree".

As to arguments, once your point is made, that's the end of that. Going on and on, won't change a thing.

Actually i just like to know people thoughts and opinions on the matter.

I do take into account peoples opinions, they are just neglible if they do not contain a point of interest (e.g it will break in 5 minutes,*suitcase* quality ect) 

Surely, the interest is already created by you, as you've asked the question?

Also, going on and on, is because sometimes repeating yourself, doesn't change a thing. If both parties are stubborn, it's a circled wall, ain't ever going to change. But if you like going on and on, have at it. I get bored if a person just goes on and on, my brain switches off and I hear The Magic Roundabout theme.

Surely, the interest is already created by you, as you've asked the question?

Also, going on and on, is because sometimes repeating yourself, doesn't change a thing. If both parties are stubborn, it's a circled wall, ain't ever going to change. But if you like going on and on, have at it. I get bored if a person just goes on and on, my brain switches off and I hear The Magic Roundabout theme.

So the best thing to do in this situation is say that we have a 'mutual disagreement' and leave it at that?

Seems logical ;)

Didn't even know there was a disagreement. I was going on (originally) about a friend who can't see the wood for the trees and always makes mistakes, even when it was pointed out to them (the old, I told you so).

Then I responded to yours and fk's response to that post, with my honest opinion. As this is the rant thread, it does seem adequate to express ones view, when questioned. Discussion is the flavour of the month.

Didn't even know there was a disagreement. I was going on (originally) about a friend who can't see the wood for the trees and always makes mistakes, even when it was pointed out to them (the old, I told you so).

Then I responded to yours and fk's response to that post, with my honest opinion. As this is the rant thread, it does seem adequate to express ones view, when questioned. Discussion is the flavour of the month.

Heh, i thought that you where referring to people who as for help but ignore a majority of it (e.g me), due to FK post.

oh well me just misinterpreting again ;) 

Oh no, but I did mention that going over the same thing in an argument, is fruitless for all concerned. But stubbornness can lead to doing something, just because everyone else says its not worth it. I must admit, if someone says I can't achieve something, that makes me want to prove them wrong. But that's a different type of stubbornness.

Archived