My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Oh no, but I did mention that going over the same thing in an argument, is fruitless for all concerned. But stubbornness can lead to doing something, just because everyone else says its not worth it. I must admit, if someone says I can't achieve something, that makes me want to prove them wrong. But that's a different type of stubbornness.

Join the club mate ;)

The main reason why i've gone to college and am (going to) joining up is because i've always been told that i'd never get there.

OT: People that say you can't do something but never tried it themselves......they make me angry

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely. When my stubbornness kicks in, is when I've already decided (it would be like, I've planned to do "x" and people think it's not possible).

Rant:- my left hand hurts when I'm doing press-ups. It's an old injury and is hindering me from trying to get in shape (I say in shape, I mean moderately healthy).

Is it your hand or wrist? I had issues from an old fall from an aircraft which would occasionally be aggravated by push-ups so switched to some of those push up grips you can get for fairly cheap. It removed the strain on my wrists and isn't an issue anymore.

It's my hand and, best way I can describe it, the palm burns. The wierd thing is, it's not all the time. Bloody annoying though.

putting to much pressure on it?

Bad surface?

Muscle Ache?

im just going to list every ailment in this big medical book....

What happened to my edit. Damn it.

Here we go again. Just did five of each type of press up (closed fists and open) and my hand didn't hurt but it felt sore. I think it could just be weak hand. I dislocated my left arm twice and have ruptured my tendons (in my left hand, over five years ago). My hand has never been the same and I think it's just something I'll have to get use to. It comes and goes, bleeding ball ache that it is.

Edit: also, when I work on my shoulders (when lifting a dumb bell from the side, arm straight till my arm is parallel with my shoulder), the top of my arm burns. Also it's now and again. Going to get it checked out, fingers crossed, it won't stop me from trying to tone up.

Issues printing some forms, finally managed to get it working and ran out of ink. Then my PS3 controller ran out of battery and I have misplaced the lead. Went to my storage unit to pick up stuff for a game at the weekend, forgot to pick up ammo, radios, eye protection and the folding picnic table.

It packs up about the same size as a gun case and will happily seat 4 overweight guys without breaking! Originally bought it for the GZ Weekender a few years back for in the communal area of the camp but packing up so small it comes to all sites with room as it saves sitting in my car or on the floor. It's also a nice flat surface to carry out any repair work if needed during the day.

Funny you should mention to kitchen sink though! I'm considering ways to kit out a 'home' for when I next play as civ pop at a weekender.

It's all civilised, dont ya know! :P

What happened to my edit. Damn it.

Here we go again. Just did five of each type of press up (closed fists and open) and my hand didn't hurt but it felt sore. I think it could just be weak hand. I dislocated my left arm twice and have ruptured my tendons (in my left hand, over five years ago). My hand has never been the same and I think it's just something I'll have to get use to. It comes and goes, bleeding ball ache that it is.

Edit: also, when I work on my shoulders (when lifting a dumb bell from the side, arm straight till my arm is parallel with my shoulder), the top of my arm burns. Also it's now and again. Going to get it checked out, fingers crossed, it won't stop me from trying to tone up.

I sheared my main tendon and broke my wrist after a bad bike crash many moons ago .

My martial arts teacher devised a way to strengthen my wrist and tendons , muscles

Basicaly get a short piece of stick ( or metal ) drill a hole through it , then thread a peice of cord through it . Attach the opposite end to a 5 /10 kg weight .

What you do next is find a suitable door , head height bar , or whatever you can use . The string goes over the top with the weight on the other side . Grasp the threaded bar with both hands and start winding the string around it till it lifts the weight up to the top if the bar , when you reach the top , start winding it out with your wrist movement till it extends to the floor . Keep repeating till you can't take no more , then relax and go for it again

Winding the stick in your hands uses nearly every muscle in your arm, wrist hand , , forearms , it will strengthen up in no time at all ..

Thanks for that baddbaz, I'll give that a go. The pain hasn't returned (with such force as the past four weeks), but I did rest for a few days.

Rant:- so, I've finally replaced the spring in my G&P m4. Problem is, it cycles on semi and full auto, but at the end, it sounds as though the motor is being pushed out by the gear box (maybe the bevel gear, if that's the gear that connects to the motor)?

Just took the grip off and had a look. It all seems fine. Put it back together and fired it again (both semi and full auto) and it fires in both fine, just a bit of a wierd noise in the top of the grip where it meets the body. Might try tightening the tension, see if that works.

Cheers, I'll try that. I was thinking "so close, and yet so far", do like a good tinker, though. Well, when I know, I've got all the bits and don't have to bother with the trigger mech.

Rant: I did the British thing and said I don't enjoy hot weather on Facebook. Was told a load of tosh about "all we do is complain (about the weather), now it's hot we complain, but then go on holiday to a hot country". I had to remind them (politely), that I don't go abroad to hot country's for the very reason, that I'm moaning about. When it rains, I don't moan. When it's cold, I don't complain. As I like cold, wind, rain and sunshine. Just not when it's hot (like it has been for the past two weeks), though I can put up with it, but the point of a holiday, is that you do something you'd enjoy.

Most places people go on holiday don't have such horrible humidity though! I had no problem with working outside in 45-50 degrees heat when the humidity wasnt bad, it was bloody hot but bareable. Come back to Blighty and 25-30 degrees with 85% relative humidity is just horrible, sticky and uncomfortable.

Roll on winter, I can do something about the cold and rain.

For me I don't have that much of an issue with the heat unless it reaches a point where the humidity is too much. Though give me a light breeze and a bit of warm rain anyday.

Also complaints, how do people not realise that when you have three IT staff to handle an area with nearly 300 people at any one time their piddly little problem isn't going to be fixed in seconds?

'FireKnife'

If it's cold you can wrap up.

If it's hot, sure you can strip off. But once you're naked there's nothing else you can do.

You do know that I am on this forum right? ;)

Though I must admit in my flat it can get to the levels of 'oh well no-one can see in through the windows so boxers time' quite often.

'FireKnife'

I just knew when I clicked "Post" that you'd be on that comment like a tramp on chips. :P

I pretty much finish cooking and eating dinner when I get home and immediately strip off. Its like a damn oven in my flat.

If only I could store this heat surplus for the winter.

Archived