My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was good.

I was expecting it to be poo but I was pleasantly surprised.  The limited location, simple story and relative lack of CGI allowed you to focus on the characters.

The combination of super slow motion and 3D was well done - a lot better than most and probably my only positive 3D movie experience.

Helmet never comes off - check.

Batvoice - check.

Non-ridiculous but still in keeping costumes - check.

Ultraviolence - check.

Lawgiver being awesome - check.

It missed the humour and political satire of the progs but that is forgiveable - if it gets a sequel there will be more wiggle room for that sort of thing.

For a sequel I'd like to see a rubber ricochet round - love them.

Basically it was a good movie in its own right and a good Dredd movie - much better than the Stallone/Schneider(WTF) movie.

Habakure:

I hate V2 gearboxes so very much.  I am desperate for one of the SRC MP5SD5s with the stamped steel receivers - I love that gun but I just can't bring myself to buy one because it has a V2 gearbox in it.

If you don't get any other offers to fix it I'll have a look but - man - I hate those gearboxes...

Throw enough *suitcase* at their house and some of it will stick, wait that didnt work :s.

Rant: Chavs. Yes i work at the bike shop nearby, no i wont fix your piddly *albatross* bike for free. Unless of course you give me that magical substance called 'money' in which case sure.....

I honestly don't understand the trouble people have with the V3 trigger.

Maybe its one of those things where whatever your first gearbox dissasembly is, thats your easy one? I started with a V3, so maybe because i 'learnt' on a V3, they're the easiest. 

Seriosuly, its harder to make sure the ARL doesnt spring out than it is to get a v3 trigger system in.

I felt Dredd was just a bit meh. Lack of character development, just Bones being all gruff and grumpy. bad story - oh no, somones taken over a block of flats. big whoop.

Todays rant: I have pulled a muscle or something in my back. it is very lots of painful.

I am supposed to be driving around the Nurburgring in a week. this might not end well...

I think Dredd is one of those films, where you either like it or hate it.

I'd get your back checked out Tink, it's definitely something that warrants a "better safe than sorry" approach. Though you might get a "just rest as much as you can and don't do anything strenuous. If it persists, come back in a week".

Going to pop open the gearbox tomorrow night, when I'm not in a destructive mindset "a hammer fixes all mechanical problems (smash)". Thanks for the offer Stunt (and you too Stuey), I'm slowly growing a hatred for it as well. If I don't get any where with it tomorrow night, I may well come crying on here.

Throw enough *suitcase* at their house and some of it will stick, wait that didnt work :s.

Rant: Chavs. Yes i work at the bike shop nearby, no i wont fix your piddly *albatross* bike for free. Unless of course you give me that magical substance called 'money' in which case sure.....

Hope you say to them ... On yer bike mate !!

Will have to post in both threads about my weekend:

The bad bits was the absolutely awful encounter I had with a female and just about to get ready to go to a skirmish, weather is fine, then I look who is down for attending. Yep all of the *rickroll*-head players that cheat, hurl abuse and make even the scummiest of the low-lifes round here look like civilized members of society. Why are they allowed to turn up, they just ruin it for all others concerened.

'FireKnife'

Will have to post in both threads about my weekend:

The bad bits was the absolutely awful encounter I had with a female

Going back to the STI clinic then?

Anyway, my rant is why is it that the night before I have to work I can't sleep but when I've got a day off I'm out like a light on the sofa?

Going back to the STI clinic then?

Anyway, my rant is why is it that the night before I have to work I can't sleep but when I've got a day off I'm out like a light on the sofa?

Thankfully no in this case it was more I expected something and got something else (and no it wasn't a ladyboy etc). :P

As for the sleeping thing I know exactly what you mean can never seem to fall asleep the night before going back to work after a weekend.

'FireKnife'

I always found (not being able to sleep, the night before returning to work) that it's down to thinking about all he things you're going to do, or the things you're not looking forward too. I would run through my mind, what I was going to do (in work the next day), way before going to bed. That way I had it in my head, already planned out the day ahead. It's worth a go.

Edit:- I don't mean everything, just a quick run down of what I was worried/concerned/annoyed about.

Second Edit:- Azubi, I really liked DMZ but I didn't like the final story arc. Same with Y: The Last Man.

Why is it that my gf can't understand that after a hard week of work, sometimes I just want to do nothing.

Did she offer you sex and you said no? :P

Probably. (Appropriately named).

That is a good point, I did always wonder about that when I first saw that company name :P.

'FireKnife'

Sadly, there was most likely at some point someone who had to wear that as a promotion outside a sex shop of as a sex education instructor.

By someone I mean FK. :D

Waiting to work a 3 / 4 hour shift at 6, just doesn't seem worth the time.  Was supposed to work at 2 (had agreed to take one guy's shift since he would be recovering from lasic eye surgery) but apparently he gave that shift to the new (and poor-working) lad before asking me, and I am instead taking the shift assigned to the lad whose worked maybe 6 days all summer (one of those "can't be bothered to work" types).

5 years seniority means jack *suitcase* to these kids, just that they know who will do the work without needing a food break or time to text on a phone.

Rest of the week is filled with shifts to clean up after outings, including a frat one on Saturday.  Cousin wants me to come over and spend a weekend playing games, but I can't possibly do so till August (next week they are gone) and I doubt even then I'll have the days off to do so.

Also, like any other lad awaiting the dreaded return to college, I have already received the e-bill for the next semester. :headbutt:

Sadly, there was most likely at some point someone who had to wear that as a promotion outside a sex shop of as a sex education instructor.

By someone I mean FK. :D

In this country it would say Durex or for the cheap among you Mates :P

But still why not, I have worn worse as fancy dress / for a promotion (though getting to wear full airsoft kit for promoting Call of Duty was a laugh).

'FireKnife'

A very good friend of mine left for her holiday to Crete on Tuesday morning. That same morning I read that a British man had just been stabbed to death there. I can't stop worrying about her now!

Always seems to be the way I find. People I know were off on holiday to a part of Spain that about a week before they went had someone driven out into the countryside and shot according to worldwide news.

Best way to look at it is you are one in a million of tourists to prey on in an area so that way you have a one in a million chance of it going wrong ;).

'FireKnife'

I've always felt safer abroad than I do in big UK cities and I have been up to no good in some right dives abroad. You know you are in a classy area of Ukraine when you have to ask some skinheads hanging around a half built abandoned stadium for directions back to Kiev.

Archived