My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ares are believe it or not a really good company to deal with for parts and spares .i have never had any problems sourcing parts , not all of them last very long , but at least you can get bits and prices are fairly reasonable .upgrade parts are a bit harder to source though

Welcome to my entire fall semester book list.

$411 for 18 items, of which over half are "rentals", one is nearly $200 by itself (German, obviously), and one required item for a class is apparently a Comic book...

So, because I already put $95 on my $500 limit card (for the "community lot parking permit", I get to try and get to my credit union tomorrow, pay that off, then come home and put the $411 on immediately.

From the look of the items, pretty much the bulk of my time is going to be spent listening to complete lunatics discussing social matters over what I am actually supposed to learn, that of history.

Now, to resist running over golfers at work today in the thunderstorms.

Have you tried Amazon? Sometimes books are "wanted" by someone on there and will be valued at a pretty penny. I sold an old A-Level Biology textbook for over £30, the chemistry one that matched it was only worth a couple of quid in comparison, oddly enough.

You could also try http://www.webuybooks.co.uk/

Some people's small mindedness.

On my way into work this morning I came across a woman who had gone over the handle bars of her bike and was laying in the middle of the road complaining of back pain (amongst other injuries). As the road is a narrow country lane only wide enough for one car I flagged down approaching cars to get them to turn round so the ambulance could ge through. The attitude of some that their journey had been inconvienenced as astounding, never mind the poor woman who could have had major spinal injuries

Managed to cut my order's price down, bloody site kept trying to replace my cheaper marketprices with higher rental prices.

Still got to wait till classes beginning regarding the online portion for the German book (which I managed to find a $38 rental elsewhere)  Probably have to spend $81 on that.

As for today, I got to get hit by a golf ball whilst mowing the back yard.  No bruise (high loft shot probably?) on my back but I do not want to get out of bed.

Now, to remedy this by buying Mercenary Kings, only to have it not work on my fail of a laptop. :D

Saw this a couple of days ago in Aberdeen in a dodgy charity shop thing (bad camera phone pic ahoy):

nlox.jpg

Two questions,

First in an area that is all about independence and anti-Monarchy how did they expect this to last?

Two who the hell did those two pictures, they look like Spitting Image puppets?

'FireKnife'

I took my son out for an afternoon in a public woodland and found some bbs where someone had been having a game. However what really got me was that they weren't all just crappy .12s, some looked like high quality ones. I just hope it wasn't someone who should know better

Archived