My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Great. So I'm stuck with two important documents I have to send today, the documents are so bad they cannot be salvaged (horrible Engrish I have no idea how to fix, as it's some hardcore technical *suitcase*), and the dumb *suitcase* who was supposed to tell me what to do hasn't called since *fruitcage* MONDAY!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loosing my locking wheel nut key and being 99% sure it's down to me being an *albatross* hat and leaving it on the locking nut last week when I was working on my car.

To top it off I've got the car booked in at the mechanics on Tuesday and they're going to need to get a wheel off so there's no chance of me ordering a replacement key in time.

What car is it ? If its a factory fitted locking. Nut the main dealers usually have a skeleton master to unlock the nut and remove it. .. If not get a long socket and bang it on to the nut. . One that is a fraction smaller than the locking nut . One forced onto the locking nut . Put the ratchet into it and remove as a normal bolt . Will knacker the locking nut but will remove it .. Hope this helps mate ..

It's a Civic but they're McGard nuts and I think they're the ones with rotating collars too.

Hopefully the mechanic will be able to get them off for me then I'll just get a new set of nuts. Having looked on ebay I can pick up a full set for around the cost of a replacement key.

When you bang the socket on it squashes the collars into the nut and then the whole lot turns , hopefully you have space to get a socket around the outside of them without hitting the wheel, the long sockets are easier as they have a bit more give in them .

The little *fruitcage* coward. If someone is going to send out despicable hate filled *suitcase* like that then they should have the balls to stand behind their words rather than send an annonomous letter. Please tell the mother who received it that she should ignore it and carry on doing something many of us could not

ebay sellers that lie or misconstrue issues or just flatout forget to mention issues with products. some how netbook with no harddrive or battery as battery has reached end of life magically becomes. "there is an issue where the screen whites out in certain positions after purchase and then soon as I get it running becomes a netbook that doesnt charge but works on the mains fine. 

Just read this letter. It speaks for it's self and no, this isn't a joke. This was an actually letter sent to a mother that is caring for her child, who has special needs:-

-image-

Too many exclamation marks, sure sign of being full of opinions. 

Wonder if that letter could be used as the basis for a harassment investigation...

hate to be cynical but  I got a written by the mother for whatever reason vibe, a letter that vile is the sign of a diseased mind and someone who is that abusive ime will have said something verbally before the letter. that letter isn't the first contact I would expect if that makes sense. If written by a neighbor I would expect a verbal confrontation, shouted jeers or similar comments first. if someone had an issue with the kid I wouldn't expect it to go from 0-Nutter that quickly I would expect 0-comment-ruder comment-nutter.

my experience of those with such virulently repulsive views is they either do it/say it behind peoples backs quietly with like minded people or have the conversations in such a way they can be overheard. for example. sat at the next table in a restaurant talking about how a cull would be kinder to the parents as it would save them from the stress, in a tone that guaranteed the voice carried, or they are the type to make direct horrid comments. 

So had a noise coming from my car exhaust and took it to get it looked at. First place near me is a Kwik Fit so I thought 'I'm up for a laugh so why not'.

They wanted £450 to replace the entire exhaust system which isn't needed at all. Add on the two hours labour and they want near £550. That is more than half the cost of the car so *fruitcage* that noise.

I'm away to take it to a real garage and see what they come up with, the only problem is my MOT expires in a day or two and this needs to be fixed first clearly as it will fail. I am sure that a small exhaust leak can be covered up or improved upon for a damn sight better than £550. I could even buy the part myself and fit it if it wasn't for my need to get it done ASAP for the MOT.

Either way if the above was the only option and it did cost £550 then I may as well just scrap the car and buy a new one for all the difference it would make.

'FireKnife'

It is a 54' plate Ford Ka (Collection or something like that).

Has a flexy pipe system that I am sure can be easily replaced with a normal pipe (seeing as it is of the same design) and they are trying to claim that it is coming from the Catalytic Convertor where in reality it is the section beneath it which could be replaced or patched. Hell I wouldn't even mind if they just replaced the exhaust piping and back box which would be about £100-150 max plus an hours labour (2-3 bolts, some rubber clips and putting it on a lift, no way that takes more than 30mins or so) but for £550 all told they can get lost.

What didn't help was having the typical attitude filled bloke that sounds like those tossers that drive around in small cars all night trying to compensate for things. I just said 'sorry not good enough' and refused his arrogant invitation to 'oh bring it back mate and we will put it on the lift'. Now it is going to a garage near by with a good reputation and from previous experience with my old Micra this is something that can be fixed for at least a third of what they have quoted.

You can't get ###### than a kwik fit fitter.

Those thieving twats have never given a realistic quote. I don't know how they are still trading...

If we live in a world where Airsoft World and SAS are still going then I am easily able to believe that Kwik *suitcase* are still going.

'FireKnife'

Jay stock sell and make catalytic converters as do a company called timex , timax . . Should be about 150 max .for parts . Their are loads of exhaust manufacturers in the uk . So google up or get onto part finder who will scour every scrap yard / agent in the uk for one. New or used . And then its just the garage labour to fit it ..

You can't get thicker than a quick fit fitter should be their company slogan !

Well I have now taken it to a local garage with a good reputation from people I would at least trust.

Either way they said that if my hunch was right it would be perhaps £150 for parts and an hour to fit. £200 is a reasonable cost to me, £550 is not.

'FireKnife'

Well the other garage did say that, for the part to be repaired and for it to receive a bit of work that was needed it will come to £118.12 all told. Add on a £50-60 for the MOT and that still brings it to a third of the quote from Kwik Fit.

Guess I will be going there then :P.

'FireKnife'

Whats your issue with airsoftworld fireknife? I understand why Special Needs airsoft are bad but never uad an issue with asw

1. They have been found by local players to be fixing guns to a sub-standard degree.

2. When visiting their store I was given a very 'why did you bother coming' kind of attitude.

3. When I asked them about something they were doing that was a way to help circumvent the VCRA they had a go at me and refused to accept they were clearly wrong.

4. They dropped my UKARA membership after only a few months then gave me some bull about it only running from April to April when I actually sorted it out for September.

So yeah they are not exactly SAS levels but they are getting there. Now they are in Zero One territory. If you buy from us then great but don't expect us to fix it / give you an after sales support.

'FireKnife'

Archived