My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dropping the noun makes it correct but why can nobody in Chatham understand that?

Probably because it's the same town where someone is this stupid

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-11908583

What's me off is Carillion energy services. A bunch of useless wankers who loose computer records and miraculously find them when the council threaten legal action then don't tell you they've booked an engineer so they turn up to fix a faulty boiler when nobody is home. All in all a bunch of *Ubarflock* who couldn't run a up in a brewery

Dropping the noun makes it correct but why can nobody in Chatham understand that?

Also "Me and my mate was at the shops and I got you one of them new chocolate bars."

Chatham?! I believe that the Southern half of 'Murica talks like that!

...okay. The barstools at customs office stopped being unhelpful and went obviously malicious. Instead of getting their BS processing list number for my SIG, I got fobbed off and told to wait for the registered letter from them. They also want a proof of Paypal payment, even if they didn't need it before.

Oh well, we don't have a VCRA, that's a plus.

I am a man of integrity and a nagging missus who doesn't see the appeal. Thus, they ain't staying - at least not both of them..

Plus I don't have 12 shells to arm them both. :P

They however have been most receptive to it all, i've got a £40 gift card, my original order and a clean conscious. I've been posing in the house like this:

600px-MatrixAutoShotguns-4.jpg

Clearly you have a gift for getting double awesomeness randomly instead of your order.  Quick, order a speed loader and get twin machine guns or something!

I had the wonderful displeasure of opening an email earlier this morning telling me that my second class of three today was canceled.  Usually I go straight to it after my first one, then sit for two hours on the hallway floor waiting for the final class.  This occurs weekly on tuesdays and thursdays.

So, since my first class ended at ten and my final doesn't start till 2:40, I am sitting here doing bugger all besides small paper work.  I could be off doing something (wait, I don't have a life), or go home for a bit, but no, I sit here like a stone and wait.

Why am I at this university again?

Looking through airsoft shops and seeing same old, same old.

Go M4 or go home, appears to be the message.  5 million variations, none of them particularly interesting.

My main gripe atm is seemingly being unable to get my fat *albartroth* out there and get airsofting.  Since I haven't been for a while, my broken aspie  brain says "OH NOEZ!  You cannot leave your comfort zone!".  I gotta try and get out more once winter is over.

I moved 4 hours up the country last august, and went from being 40 mins away to one of the best sites in the UK to.. well, i dunno. like an hour away from some questionable sites or an hour and a half / two hours away from some reputable ones.

I really need to go airsofting soon...

Guzzi is back!*

Tinkerton, a two hour drive to a site is fairly standard for me. There are a few that are closer, but I am the sort who is more than happy to get up early to play somewhere I will enjoy rather than settle for something close but not as entertaining.

*Not a bad thing.

Got to echo Guzzi's sentiments regarding choice. I would love more movie based aeg/gbb's like the proposed rifle from Halo (I think I saw it on YouTube via Evikes page).

I would love to go airsofting, but it's not possible at the minute (family commitments). I keep looking at my Vietnam load out and crying.

"Joins in the group sadness"

I really want to go to an event a week after my birthday, but it is right around the end of the semester in December, and as it is a milsim for a worthy cause, I feel somewhat ambivalent about showing up since I never seem to be able to stay in a squad that I get assigned to (which in most cases is a dedicated team that I cannot really strike a bond with).  My casualness and my particular taste in equipment means that I don't necessarily find a radio pertinent as well.  I don't mean to end up as a "lone wolf" but I really have not much recourse when whoever I am tacked onto either splits off in smaller groups as well, crosses points that then become hotzones that are quite difficult to pass on my own to relink with them, or quite normally I simply lose track of people amidst the movements or when they get hit and walk off to the respawn point that is quite far away.  I usually just end up looking for those players I am familiar with and sticking by them if possible, trying to not ruin their game play.  Other times I have had newcomers and others following me, which I feel bad about if we end up separating.

Of course, I have only myself to blame for this sort of situation, because I am just not that well involved in the local community (by local I mean statewide).  Of all the gear patterns to be enamored with, I just had to fall for the one that clashes with the vast majority of local player tastes, and is also the most annoying to collect when one is not exactly keen on shopping overseas (do not even get me started on uniform sizes...).

Frankly, I want to get out there to wear some of my kit and ignore the world for once.

Auch so, back to muttering about University woes.

I hate this 'getting old' thing. I thought it was bad enough turning 40. My hair started to fall out and what was left started to turn grey. Thankfully, the grey hair started to fall out, leaving whats left of the the natural brown hair behind. Now that I'm over 50, aging is taking its toll. Hair is growing out of my nose and ears (what's that all about?). I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the loo (a right pain in the butt). Worst of all, my left hip is on its way out. This makes airsoft skirmishing an interesting experience.

Oh to be 20 years younger again.

Grrrrrrrrrr!!

Be the enemy, fantastic and it's something I would enjoy too (instead of being the perceived good guy brigade).

Rant:- A tiny tiny rant. I have to go the cinema by myself this Wednesday, as no-one is free or available in the day. Boo hoo. It will be a strange experience but I see it as something new.

'Be the enemy'... funny I should see this on today of all days...

At Phoenix there used to be an unpleasant little creature called Kurt who always wore waffen/SS uniforms.  Cheated like hell but got away with it because 'he's a bit special'.

Yeah, special enough that he wore SS lapels on a game day that coincided with remembrance Sunday and he didn't see the problem with that...

Well, I am a bit mish mash on the East Bloc side of things.  I can almost do a complete Soviet 1988 regulations Motorized Rifleman look, be a guy in Flora with just a chest rig, and at one point had a pretty decent East German getup.

It's just that many times the "color" side I would be aligned to is often the Unites States/NATO...

So many times I have shown up to a side that is supposed to be "communists, rebels, opfor" only to find myself amongst a sea of m4's and acu/multicam.

I do wear what I wear because I feel like there needs to be more variance at a game or event.  I do not wear insignia, and the only thing I have worn that might direct anger towards me (a telny) has only been done so because it is useful as an undershirt in both the heat and cold. 

"Joins in the group sadness"

I really want to go to an event a week after my birthday, but it is right around the end of the semester in December, and as it is a milsim for a worthy cause, I feel somewhat ambivalent about showing up since I never seem to be able to stay in a squad that I get assigned to (which in most cases is a dedicated team that I cannot really strike a bond with).  My casualness and my particular taste in equipment means that I don't necessarily find a radio pertinent as well.  I don't mean to end up as a "lone wolf" but I really have not much recourse when whoever I am tacked onto either splits off in smaller groups as well, crosses points that then become hotzones that are quite difficult to pass on my own to relink with them, or quite normally I simply lose track of people amidst the movements or when they get hit and walk off to the respawn point that is quite far away.  I usually just end up looking for those players I am familiar with and sticking by them if possible, trying to not ruin their game play.  Other times I have had newcomers and others following me, which I feel bad about if we end up separating.

Of course, I have only myself to blame for this sort of situation, because I am just not that well involved in the local community (by local I mean statewide).  Of all the gear patterns to be enamored with, I just had to fall for the one that clashes with the vast majority of local player tastes, and is also the most annoying to collect when one is not exactly keen on shopping overseas (do not even get me started on uniform sizes...).

Frankly, I want to get out there to wear some of my kit and ignore the world for once.

Auch so, back to muttering about University woes.

go to a better airsoft site (if possible) that one sounds *suitcase*. 

(bold is what most people use radios almost exclusively for)

Archived