My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, epic walks.  I know of one site in particular that has killed not only guns, but the spirit of those who show up all bushy-eyed and eager.  Try inclines where one can easily tumble down into thorns, jagged rocks, and the wonders of low tree limbs and tree roots.

I don't go to said field often (as it like most are so far away), but it has a great reputation amongst the local community for its terrain and difficulty.  Last time I went, I got lost for hours, got really good at falling down cliffsides, and forded a small creek 27 times.

I would almost suffer that same circumstance again for a new field to open up closer...

I think I'm one of the few members on here that likes Christmas. Music, food, ale and tacky as hell decorations, love it. But, I put my decorations up about two weeks before Christmas Eve (or as close as).

Having said that, I hate the early adverts. But I always like seeing the hellmans mayo advert. Nostalgic.

Rant:- lady with a pram knocking into my 2 year old daughter and not even apologising (she over took as and turned in too soon). I bit my lip and made sure my daughter was okay. In side I was a little off. But my daughter was okay, I was more annoyed the lady didn't say sorry (she didn't utter a '*suitcase*' when she knocked my daughter over, which was nice).

It I would have opened my mouth, my daughter would have heard her dad swear. If she wasn't with me and she would have hit me instead, then I wouldn't have bit my lip.

It is true though, rude people should be shamed. There is no excuse for it (except when they have mental disability).

eBay has lost my account it seems. Ah well looks like I have to make a new one and if anyone has any issues with the items I sent out last week I won't know about it at all. Well done eBay <_<

As for calling rude people out I am sure if we all did that we would get stabbed or bottled eventually due to the fact that most of the rude people I see in the street are also the kind that don't care and would escalate the situation very, very quickly. Personally if it is some mother that at least looks like she has two brain cells to rub together (i.e. isn't about 16 as too many are nowadays) I would bring it up, same goes for anyone you can have an intelligent conversation with. The rest I just ignore them and leave them to be ignorant low-lifes, no point making it worse as society has given up on these wasters already.

'FireKnife'

I just went out for a short local ride on the Guzzi Griso, and there's an odd burning smell.

The oil was low, I must have gotten lax on checking it.

Anyway, no pressure light came on so there is still a feed, but now I am all :o that I've hurt my motor.

Maybe you cooked something nesting in the machinery.

Maybe you cooked something nesting in the machinery.

Bloody birds get everywhere :P

I don't think Ive done any harm, there was no other oddness than the smell, and it was about 300ml off the middle of the dipstick.  Think I've had a lucky call but I am going to do an oil change on it to be sure.  I'm more worried where the oil has gone to, now!

Local engineer said "As long as the pump is sending oil, not air, you should be okay".

Oh, whilst I am talking about the Griso... I love the bike but whichever idiot gave it only a 17,3l fuel capacity needs to be shot.  I can just about make a 110 mile round trip to Sheffield on a tank  but am 5 miles into the reserve...

Edit:

£40 for 4L of fully synthetic Castrol!!!  I better be able to pan gold outta this stuff :o

My car is steaming up like a *bramston pickle*, and I've no idea why.

Please no dogging comments, fireknife!

It's only been doing it since I had the cam belt changed. Nothing has been spilled, I can't find any blocked drains, no grommets seem missing ( but I think there may be since it's only a recent thing after being pulled to bits...).

Also, the demist function on the air con has no effect at all on the windscreen. Half hour journey each way to work, and it doesn't demist.

Help?

Archived