My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Adam Sandler

'FireKnife'

I have a weird love hate relationship with adam sandler...

I genuinely think he is an awesome actor (as in skill) , but man he is in some *suitcase* movies. His early comedies i can sit through though dont aeek him out, but the stuff hes in lately..

Him, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, the guy from big mommas house/ badboys , Ben Stiller et al. The past ~10 years have all been churning out souless tripe.

To be honest some actors just fit a decade or a single movie.

I do recall a, rather harsh, comment that someone didn't understand Adam Sandler's movies as they were too intelligent to do so. Now while that is an arrogant way to put it I can sort of see the underlying point that they appeal to very specific yet vast groups. Not stupid but more find humour in everyday things gone wrong. Personally I prefer comedy that is either innuendo based without being in your face or satirical. Sandler does neither of these at all and if he does, he does them badly. However the hate for him is more based on how he tries pathetic ways to push boundaries and make issues for the sake of it.

Plus anyone that actively finds a film for Rob Schnieder, particularly many of his more offensive roles, is just not worth the screen time in my book.

Though agreed, Eddie Murphy, Ben Stiller, Martin Lawrence and especially Chris Rock / Tucker (they are essentially the same gimmick) have one or two good films covered in many, many bad ones.

'FireKnife'

To be honest some actors just fit a decade or a single movie.

I do recall a, rather harsh, comment that someone didn't understand Adam Sandler's movies as they were too intelligent to do so. Now while that is an arrogant way to put it I can sort of see the underlying point.

Hmmm.

Tell that person that talking like that can get them a smack - I've been there.

I don't get some movies because of my Autistic and borderline psychopathic tendencies but I have an IQ of around 168 and find some Sandler movies very funny.

Also, Reign Over Me was pretty good and not funny at all.

Get out, really? Never would have thought that from you...!

:P

As for rock/tucker, you never see them in the same room...

Well I couldn't help it :P.

But yes that is very true. After hearing Tucker in Fifth Element however I just think 'oh hell no, is he in this?'.

Hmmm.

Tell that person that talking like that can get them a smack - I've been there.

I don't get some movies because of my Autistic and borderline psychopathic tendencies but I have an IQ of around 168 and find some Sandler movies very funny.

Also, Reign Over Me was pretty good and not funny at all.

Oh don't worry, he has. He just doesn't care as he thinks he is right. However intelligence doesn't really factor into it, more just what you prefer.

I know people that I would not class as particularly smart but they like sarcastic and thought provoking comedy, it is just what goes for them.

'FireKnife'

Why is it so difficult to find a ICOM 2 pin headset to Motorola 2 pin radio adaptor?! I can find the opposite easily, but the one I want? Not a chance. :(

Make one!

Yeah, buy an ICOM 2 pin to anything and an anything to Motorola 2 pin adapter and cut and solder it into the wire you want plus a free anything to anything adapter that you can sell or give away.

Small wires are just the same as battery connectors. Doesn't have to be neat, as long as it works. Get the connections right, wrap it all in heatshrink or tape, job's a goodun'. If you really don't like soldering, you could even use these:

screw-connection-terminal-blocks.jpg

Actually, screw terminals might be good for messing about with the connections so you get the circuit right before soldering.

screw terminals 

That picture gave me flashbacks of my ex girlfriends car stereo.

Her previous boyfriend had fitted it direct to the battery with no fuse, and everything was a rats nest of screw terminals and red leccy tape.

Isn't that how all DIY is done...?

Fixed :P.

I have had people bring in DIY PCs that were clearly done by an orangutan with a wrench, cables everywhere and bits held on by velcro backed tape.

'FireKnife'

That is up in our workshop too. 

Except out head engineer stuck a GT-85 sticker over the WD40.

EDIT:

*bramston pickle* customers are annoying me already today. Seriously, what part of "workshop haven't submitted a report yet, so we don't know what is wrong with it" is hard to understand?

Trying to sort out accomodation for my move to the Dunfermline area.

First the main website for homes in that area has been flooded with issues.

Second everywhere is either only available in two months time or of poor quality.

Third evey nice place is already taken and not put in the information.

Fourth the websites are bombarded with flats in dodgy looking areas both in the town and the surrounding area.

Fifth none of them have all the minimum amenities I need (furnished, personal car parking space, central heating, furnished, the basics really).

I am sure I could go on but you get the picture. Plus due to me working normal weekdays at work that only gives me the weekend and like banks they are only able to make appointments during those times.

What stupid *fruitcage*-ing *Ubar* in whatever decade it was decide that the best time to open businesses for everyday people was during the hours when many of them are working themselves?

'FireKnife'

Pffft you dont need furniture, all you need is a pile of douvets, a saucepan and a baking tray.

True, but I do need all the rest.

Plus how am I supposed to bring girls....................... oh no wait most of them are drunk or high so to them a pile of duvets is a bouncy castle. :P

'FireKnife'

Archived