My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like threads on here, that have people moaning about the aesthetic look of a toy gun.

Swings and roundabouts.

Rant:- if you say men, you mean the sex as a whole. So saying all men have raped or committed a sexual crime, is pretty damning in my book. Rape is a horrendous act and should never be belittled. There is more hatred and crime committed against women by men, but don't ignore the fact there is crimes committed by women against men/boys, just because they are male (sex crime).

Han bullshitting would have been in character I think, but for that to work he would have had to have said something more obviously wrong, most people don't know what a parsec is (and it does sound like it could be a unit of time).

Silly George.

So long as no-one comes to blows, it's all good. I love a good debate, esspecially debates were there isn't a true answer.

Just watching the second season of In The flesh. Ten minutes in and am not enjoying it. Balls.

Finding job in post recession economy: check.

Finishing with my present job with a great review and positive encouragement from all: check.

Finding a place to stay that is within 15 miles of my new job and has a parking space and central heating: erm, I will get back to you on that.

Seriously how is there not a single place in short driving distance of my new job that gives me just the two things I need, a parking space and decent central heating?

Damn it, looks like the first week or two are going to be spent in a B&B or something. Still it means I can be within easy reach of some decent to awesome airsoft sites so every cloud does have a silver lining :D.

'FireKnife'

That awful moment when you realise that 85% of your job is hand-holding absolute morons through gripes that aren't even real issues.

Seriously, I just had someone ask me to write a guide for him on how to charge a battery and email it to him.

Tell me about it.  90% of problems I have to deal with are because the dumb *fruitcage*s don't actually read what I have produced for them. Luckily for me there is someone between me and the client that edits my feedback to be client safe ha ha.

Tell me about it.  90% of problems I have to deal with are because the dumb *fruitcage*s don't actually read what I have produced for them. Luckily for me there is someone between me and the client that edits my feedback to be client safe ha ha.

Well my new job sounds like a combination of fixer and to be the middle man between someone that doesn't speak good English so puts everything as very matter of fact and someone that refuses to accept anything unless it is in clear, concisce and correct English with please and thank you etc.

However at my present job it is very informal and often I get told 'hi Ryan, this *Ubar* of a computer isn't working again'. It is always a laugh.

'FireKnife'

I woke myself up with a small, 240V, straight from the mains electric shock through both arms this afternoon.

MY ARMS, SCHWEET JESUS OUCH!

And what have you learned about mains powered sex aides today then?

'FireKnife'

Also job.

Consultant and architect have been proved wrong regarding an air handling unit. It weighs 350 kilos, and they want to hang it on wooden roof trusses, above a college football changing room, 2 units, 2 rooms.

I today came up with a far better and safer way of doing it, as I've been doing this for 18 years now. Sheer stubbornness on their part says 'do it like we say'.

My way would save them £4000 too.

Spent nearly 2 days on site trying to sort this now, and I'm not doing a thing without a written instruction, so when ey fall down and kill an entire youth football squad, I won't get the blame.

I *fruitcage* hate working like that.

The joys of the building trade , years and years of experience , versus some guy who has read a few books / theory's / and has not got the skill or knowledge to know when to back off and listen to the voice of experience . !!

Video it / photo it and wait for 250 quid from you've been framed when it goes tits up. .

I don't want to be anywhere near that *fruitcage* when it drops...

The words 'Edinburgh' 'School' and 'Wall' come to mind sadly.

People only seem to learn when someone else is gravely hurt or dies, no matter how sure they are. It really does change everything.

However I would say for once use the H&S system for what it should only be for, raise a concern or protest and take it from there. If you say 'it will threaten lives' then the whole world will stop, I have seen it happen.

'FireKnife'

It's not structurally safe, use to be a good phrase to use; next to "potentional lawsuit". If it's putting lives at danger you have the right to not carry out the recommendation, on the grounds it is not safe to do so. A good architect listens to the builder, who has the task of turning thereof into reality.

What ever happened to function over form?

Archived