My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Agreed, seriously some places really need to actually check that management staff can actually manage (all the worse if they are the self-employed manager of a small company and still a tit like the above).

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scorch, what does this boss actually do? Play solitaire all day and scratch their *albatross*?

Rant:- eaten too much. This is because, I don't want to eat tomorrow and I'm hoping the mini-hibernation routine works.

Scorch, what does this boss actually do? Play solitaire all day and scratch their *albatross*?

Eh, everyone at my work does, though when I offered a simple LAN session of classic Unreal Tournament at lunchtimes they declined :P.

'FireKnife'

Rant:- eaten too much. This is because, I don't want to eat tomorrow and I'm hoping the mini-hibernation routine works.

Works from home, watching the callview monitor and the camera feed. If we're away from our desk for too long he's emailing the line manager wanting to know what we're doing.

Never speaks to anyone other than by email, rarely comes into the office.

The Very Important Website I use for work just went tits-up (and the company paid the equivalent of 200k quid for it!). I can't do jack since the last forty minutes.

Also, someone's showing off his Tanaka SAA with a Zeke FMK.

FK, their innuendos are more of the direct boorish kind, unlike yours, which keep most of us entertained because of the sarcastic wit you put into them.

Scorch, that seems Orwellian.  No way of messing with the camera system?

FK, their innuendos are more of the direct boorish kind, unlike yours, which keep most of us entertained because of the sarcastic wit you put into them.

Scorch, that seems Orwellian.  No way of messing with the camera system?

Wait, what? What is this wit you speak of :P.

It does, though looping the same daily footage over and over through the system could lead to some spare time and less having to listen to emailed over information from said guy.

'FireKnife'

The infinite wisdom of the boss saga continues...

The delivery driver was being paid bare minimum wage and being given really long days, so he left.

In order to keep the van running and save a bit of money on a handful of sales a day, the boss decides to send the workshop engineer out delivering. So now we're a man down in the office as one of the desk based engineers is out there trying to catch up on all the repairs that are backing up. 

Absolute Cluster *fruitcage*

So, to save money, he's paying engineers wages for a delivery driver...?

Clever.

The army have a system called the AESP (Army Equipment Support Publication) system.

It is a library of technical documents written so an infantier can understand it that describes how to operate and maintain pretty much anything.

They are coded so each has an 11 digit number, the first 8 are the same for a given piece of equipment and then the last 3 designate which book it is.  201 is operator's manual, 601 for maintenance schedule etc.

Anyone with a brain can use them to find out absolutely anything so what everyone at work does is:

Ring me at home at the weekend to ask me instead of using them.

*fruitcage*, *fruitcage* euro *fruitcage* vision.

Been slaving like a *bramston pickle* all day, stop around half 8 and the wife puts it on.

It makes me want to smash up the kitchen I'm building for her...

Both children have chicken pox. Oh sweet joy.

Young children I take it?

Better now than later. Me and my sister were 14 and 12 when we had it.

I have quite a few scars from it as I was past the age that they'd disappear, and my sister got them on the inside of her throat which apparently wouldn't have happened if she was younger.

Also, chicken pox on the scrotum. Trust me, you do not want to be old enough to remember that *suitcase*.

Archived