My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I wish I was still at university, then I'd actually have an oven, and a washing machine (hand washing clothes sucks balls) and money. Unfortunately its just some terrible flat above a pub, 17 miles away from where I work and rely on public transport for, which I'm condemned to live in at the time being due to being broke for the next two years (long story). Then again might be moving back in with mummy once her new house is built.

How ironic I have a degree and could have a nice salaried job, yet can't afford it and need to make money weekly currently. xD

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you smuggle a microwave into your room? Maybe beg a relative for one, drop hints that the one they've got is past it's best and offer to take it off their hands?

Also, living above a pub must be a bit of a pain. Unless it's one of those nice pubs were you can barely hear any music (due to the locals preferring to talk instead).

I'm going to get a microwave, or ideally a hob/oven combo for my room when funds permit. Going to grab the fridge though first so I can keep basics like cheese and milk, plus its a good price. Unfortunately I live literally paycheck to paycheck. Disposable income is almost heard of. Least I'm not able to airsoft atm due to a buggered ankle haha.

Only another month and a half before I see that decent bonus that was awarded at the beginning of this month. XD

With regards the pub, eh the music's loud but they're generally shut by 11 and I don't sleep much anyway, its the filthy scroungers who live where my room backs onto that wind me up more.

I must admit they should be banned. As they always seem to knock when I'm changing a nappy or am in the middle of doing house stuff. I've got nothing against them, but it does seem a bit cold calling which is banned(?). I've always said I'm an atheist and good day. If they push that's when I remind them I've been polite but that will change if they try to engage me further. Never had a pushy bible sales person (which they are, let's be honest), but then I've then experienced anything bad, when asking them to go away (in a polite tone).

I tell them that with all the *suitcase* going on in the world these days with terrorism, wars, disease... if god exists why does he deserve anything but my contempt.

Then close the door as they flounder for an answer.

I tell them that with all the *suitcase* going on in the world these days with terrorism, wars, disease... if god exists why does he deserve anything but my contempt.

Then close the door as they flounder for an answer.

Similar response here.

God is supposedly omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and benevolent.

Yet terrible things happen to good people, therefore:

If god is omnipotent and omniscient god must be evil, or at the very least indifferent.

If god is benevolent then it must not be omnipotent.

Or another one of my favourites, so god can create a rock too heavy for god to lift?

The argument  "Yet terrible things happen to good people, therefore:If god is omnipotent and omniscient god must be evil, or at the very least indifferent.If god is benevolent then it must not be omnipotent."

Never washed with me, so you see a homeless guy, you dont take him to your house wash him, feed him and give him a place to live. So you must be evil or indifferent to the homeless.

That's different, you're not all powerful and all seeing. The argument is that if God truly is all-powerful he's perfectly able to stop mass suffering and atrocities (and homelessness), yet he does not.

I am indifferent to the homeless, in this city, and certainly in Leeds the social infrastructure exists to get them off the streets. If they don't take it, then it's because the council won't pay for hard drugs, so they need to beg, and so can *fruitcage* off. I have to throw the scrotes out of work all the time because they are shooting up on heroin in the toilets, or snorting coke off the tables, or harassing customers. I do not work in a rough pub,this is not acceptable.

No, I'm not indifferent, i *fruitcage* hate the *Ubarflock*.

That's different, you're not . l powerful and all seeing. The argument is that if God truly is all-powerful he's perfectly able to stop mass suffering and atrocities (and homelessness), yet he does not.

But you can help and you dont. Just because you can do something doesnt mean you have too. Why would god be any different, also ita pretty much covered under the whole free will thing.

Ah free will, as in left to our own devices. Everyone seems to forget that bit. Also, which religion is correct and which is off the mark?

Edit:- it's a bit like parents, who let their children do what ever they want, and still defend them, even though their children have done wrong. Turning a blind eye seems to be in all of us.

The other possibility is that nobody on earth is good.

At least the way that a judeo-christian god defines good.

Or perhaps all religion is the logical result of uneducated power hungry primitive man (who is evolutionarily predisposed to superstition) trying to manipulate his peers for his own purposes.

Successfully it seems.

You see people aiding others though.

But is it true altruism? While they might do it not expecting a physical reward, but it would reduce their level of arousal by helping someone else in need, or they do it because they will feel fulfilled, which is a form of reward.

I personally like to help others less fortunate than myself. I always buy a copy of the Big Issue because I feel its a good cause by helping the sellers get back on their feet. I probably wouldn't classify it as true altruism as I've been homeless before and I hope others would aid me should it happen again (aid in responsible ways, giving a beggar money isn't the wisest).

New rant for the day:

When someone says to you "oh you'll want kids soon"

No.

No I *fruitcage* will not.

Why do some people find it hard to accept that I'm not driven by the need to reproduce?

I like not having my bank account raped and my house destroyed.

I like riding my motorcycle and not having to purchase a car to drive a sprog to school, where it will inevitably destroy it's overpriced uniform, which will then need replacing.

I like having a good nights sleep.

I've never had people say to me "you'll want kids soon", I thought it was one of those made up things (old wives take etc). Did you tell the person, that was saying you'll want kids soon, that you may not be able to have children and that it is arrogant to assume everyone wants children? I know a fair few people who don't want children (they say after they've asked me if my two are okay) and I would never say they'll want kids soon (as that would be ignorant, seeing as they've just said they don't want children).

Though, I have had people say that they never saw me as someone who wanted/would have children. Always makes me wanna say 'what a back handed comment to make', but instead I just say my penis is too strong for condoms now.

Personally, my house isn't destroyed yet and my bank account is doing just fine (two children and no, there won't be any more). Then again, when I was growing up, I looked after my school uniform and would earn my pocket money.

Then again, when I was growing up, I looked after my school uniform and would earn my pocket money.

Well, from what I'm seeing, most people either neglect their kids or straight-up raise them to be entitled brats. I can't comprehend it, but it happens.

I've been asked to send a rif (the person asking is the buyer and doesn't have a defence), but I'm to trust the seller, that they'll two tone it, once it arrives.

That's what's made me unhappy today.

Wat...

Was this on the forum that shall not be named?

Archived