My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My avatar is a scan from the warnings of an old Japanese airsoft magazine. It was next to a drawing of a guy threatening a parrot with a gun. Shame I cant read kanji, so I have no idea what it was about. Glad I didn't choose the parrot pic though, seemed way too aggressive.

And my avatar is me, wearing a cyberpunk getup from one of the photoshoots.

I'm still off at the German Ebay seller. They haven't measured the sleeves on the Ike jacket despite repeated asking. They didn't do it on Friday, and they didn't do it today. Seriously, is it hard to figure out that I won't buy it unless they give me the measures? The last thing I need is a jacket that has too short sleeves! And if they don't want to help the customer out - screw them! I'm gonna pay twice as much and get a repro from frickin' SINGAPORE if I have to!

My *fruitcage* car ate itself to death on friday.

Oil pressure warning light came on on the motorway. 10 seconds and horrible noises later, it dies as I'm pulling onto the hard shoulder. Consensus is a dead engine.

At least the AA were worth the money though, only taking 10 hours to drive us 45 miles, on 2 different wagons. It's great arriving at 2am with a 9 month old baby...

At least the AA were worth the money though, only taking 10 hours to drive us 45 miles, on 2 different wagons. It's great arriving at 2am with a 9 month old baby...

Ah, the good old AA.

Last time I had an issue I was 5 mins away from where I was going, so I limped the bike there so I could at least have a cup of tea and a sit down while I waited.

The guy knocked on the door and jovially asked "so where's your car then fella?"

"surely you mean bike?" says I.

"oh" he says, with his face dropping "I don't know much about bikes"

This is the part I phoned up their customer services and asked why they didn't send a bike mechanic to a bike breakdown.

I would have kicked off big time in your position Shmook, when you have a baby with you, that's just not good enough.

I went mad. Taxi laid on to get us back quicker, fee refunded, upgraded cover, and a 160 mile second recovery to get our car home free too. They even rang me at 2300 ish to admit they dropped a *badger*, before I could spend several hours ripping them a new *albartroth*.

To be fair they compensated us more than I thought they would.

DHL. Tried to make a payment twice now and both times it just seems to freeze on the last page. Put all my details in, click okay to make the payment and it just gives me a blank web page with a lovely DHL header and some guff at the bottom. Getting annoyed now.

Edit:- success. Decided to use a different card and it went through (took 3 minutes for the payment to clear mind).

Edit No2:- got an email regarding the missing parts and they're sending them to me. No hassle from them but it's still annoying opening up a box to find two important parts missing. Ggrrrr. But all resolved now. Pphheewwwww.

Today one of my colleagues, who is actually my friend left our place of work. Its going to be difficult without him, especially as another friend is leaving soon. Can be a hell of a stressful place but with the right team its cool. I'm not great in social situations anyway so losing them both sucks.

More reasons to move to Aldershot.

P* arrived today with a blue nozzle, not the green one I was told it would have.

The shop is closed on Wednesdays so I can't talk to anyone until Thursday.

Doesn't matter since my air tank fill hose hasn't arrived either so I will need to find a paintball site to fill it to begin my tinkering.

So, the Very Important Application at work was mostly dead through most of the day. And upon closer inspection, the Ike jacket I'm bidding on turned out to be a soup sandwich (I'm guessing it'll turn out to be Belgian or Dutch or something, rank patches are US but definitely anachronistic), but hey, at least it fits.

Archived