My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a FFS moment for me.

Parking at work at times can resembling a Bangledeshi box junction. I find that I'm left with an impossible situation of being flanked by 2 A4s with 2 other vehicles forming the top of  T infront of me with a very tight gap to get out of. It's something I do successfully day in day out, while eeking out at lunch today I know I came close to another vehicle but given the sheer drop of the nose on my Civic it can at times be hard to judge where the exact extent of the car is.

Anyway I get back onto our carpark about 40 minutes later to find I've left a 12'' marring in the one of the vehicles paintwork and I've lost a bit of paint off the front wing of my car, I've got a more extensive correction to do while they've probably got about 10 minutes with T-Cut to sort out (or maybe 40 if they delt with all their other scratches).

I informed them and they seemed very non plussed about it, and after mulling it over notified my insurers as it reads like it is a requirement to do so in case the other party decides to make a claim.

Bit annoyed that it's happened and while I'm technically at the mercy of the other party I'm wondering if I've done the right thing? Details have been exchanged, my insurer notified, as it's a carpark scuff I know I don't need to inform the police but other than being a decent human being would there be any real drawback to telling 'everyone' about it?

Premium will go up even if the other party don't do anything about it.  The fact you told the insurance company is enough, annoying as it is.

I Probably would have offered to t-cut it for them and perhaps do their other scratches as a gesture of goodwill to not involve insurance companies.

A wha???

That sounds like something involving three people 'very much in love' and a large amount of Cream of Tomato (just don't ask what the cream is made of).

'FireKnife'

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/soup_sandwich - here. In short: a soup sandwich is something that's completely and hopelessly wrong. Like, erm, patches for a military rank introduced in 1955 on a jacket that was phased out in 1951.

Where do I start...

My house is completely bereft of AA batteries, to the extent I've had to raid the air freshener so I could play Xbox.

I, inexplicably vomited up last night's delicious dinner and my daughter, whom I love more than life itself has not slept for more than about 20 minutes straight all *bramston pickle* night.

If I wasn't at home I'd want to go home....

Over the past 2-3 months, the director has had several meetings at work. He won't say who the people are, or what it's about. Even his kids who work here don't know.

When these meetings take place, we have to have the whole building spotless - all the way down to hoovering the workshop floor, and they lay on a buffet for these guests, and we aren't allowed to have lunch until they've gone in case we have food that smells.

I'm worried for my job, I think they might be looking to sell out.

My colleague in service office has just bought a new house, and I have just put in an application for a house with my gf's dad as guarantor.

I'm worried for my job, I think they might be looking to sell out.

As in out-source or just plain sell the whole lot and sack everyone? Either way that doesn't sound good at all, sorry to hear.

Though for me it is the wonders of trying to actually think about being serious and settling down rather than my usual disturbing 'relationships'. Why is it always when one looks they never find? I mean yes I have someone at the moment to 'spend time with' but we both know it isn't going to last. Perhaps my expectations are too high or even worse I am stuck with this life of wanting to screw and be screwed but either way it is annoying.

First world problems eh, aren't they just a *badgeress*.

'FireKnife'

So I got a grand plan for a photoshoot prop. I shell out mucho dinero to assemble it from pool plumbing. Then I look at it and think there's no room for anything and it looks like an inflatable version of what I wanted.

The fact that the new idea is cheaper to make is comforting, but I'm not at all happy about writing off $60 worth of elbows, t-sections and PVC pipes. Unless I can salvage those too, in addition to two t-sections and two elbows that remained in use.

Just in time for Afghan to start winding down, we make massive cuts to our armed forces over a '2020 scheme' (happily instructed to take place before 2015) and boom. Another war to go get our *suitcase* in order for.

At least i'll still have a job.

Ain't gonna happen, Hague has said as much. 

As in out-source or just plain sell the whole lot and sack everyone? Either way that doesn't sound good at all, sorry to hear.

Couldn't tell you. I would say we're being treated like mushrooms but we aren't being fed a damn thing on the subject.

Time to get the feelers out methinks.

@Scorch - same thing happened to me a few years back.  Turns out it was the best thing that could have happened.  They bumped everyone's pay, improved conditions and opened up many avenues for progression.  I am now earning double what I had before take-over.

Though it took me about 9 months to really see and appreciate what they were doing.

Archived