My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, marked out bays are fine to park in. That's pretty obvious. But that one pictured above is just one long bay. Never seen a parking area/bay with out devides or something, to show the maximum length of space you can take up. That bay could have an articulated lorry in it and it would be fine (like the marked out bay's at a service station).

Edit: also, trying to get out of that bay, onto a round about, must be a bit of a nightmare. Especially as a person could block you in (no lines to show the devide between each parking bay/area).

Those are pretty common around my way.  There are usually signs restricting parking for big vehicles, 1 hour parking e.t.c.

You just have to use common sense/courtesy to give yourself and others enough room.

prKhpigl.jpg

Scorch is right, it's in Hatfield. No restrictions on these bays

Turning the camera round shows 2 vans parked up where there is usually at least one car with no marked bays. The whole roundabout is an accident waiting to happen as it was built years ago when most families would have only one car so now there are way more than it was designed for. Combine that with people pulling out of spaces on the roundabout without looking and sooner or later someone is going to get hurt

Screenshot_2014-06-24-15-41-29_zpsdsq7t5

Reminds me of parking outside my new flat.

There is a disabled bay in front of my flat door with enough space next to it for five cars to park comfortably before it would be blocking the entrance to a couple of businesses that are in a small industrial area.

Now 50% of the time you can only get four cars as everyone seems to have parked so they can easily drive out well leaving just enough space so that you just can't get a fifth car in overall. Why people can't just park up and then inch in a bit so others have space I don't know. I do it, as do some of the other residents but some just don't and it is rather inconsiderate.

Saying that in the month I have been there only one person has parked in that disabled spot and it was some tarted up blond off to see her mate. Other than that (and given how hard it would be for a physically disabled person to get around in the flats near me) no-one really knows why it was put there. Sure I don't park in it but if it is just taking up space and isn't used why keep it there?

'FireKnife'

Sure I don't park in it but if it is just taking up space and isn't used why keep it there?

'FireKnife'

Because the council don't care about your parking plight, but they DO care if a disabled person writes to the press saying they took the only disabled spot away and makes them look bad.

My rant: finding quotes for contents insurance and energy suppliers is so god damn boring. I just want to be moved in to the house already so I can start kitting out my man cave/airsoft den.

Disabled spots I don't mind. 

Parent and child spots though.... Why would you possibly want to encourage people to bring children into a supermarket? It's not like it's not enough of a ball-ache doing the shopping without there being screaming kids there.

Parent and child spots though.... Why would you possibly want to encourage people to bring children into a supermarket? It's not like it's not enough of a ball-ache doing the shopping without there being screaming kids there.

I used to always, always use those spots. My hope was that somebody would ask me "where's your child?" so that I could react with "...*suitcase*!"

HitmanNo2, I don't know if you drive or if you just haven't noticed. But common sense and courtesy, are in short supply on britians roads. I've seen people park up, and block another driver in as they were trying to get out.

Ha.  I do indeed drive, yes.  Whilst I see some shocking interpretations of driving on a daily basis, I have to say, peoples parking is generally excellent where it matters.  Sure some people park like pricks in pub/supermarket spaces but there are loads of spaces so I don't care.  

Disabled spots I don't mind. 

Those spaces should be on the far side of the car park, on the other side of a moat.

I do approve of them though, I like the way that they have huge hatch marks on either side, not because it makes it easier for the disgusting breeders to get their parasites into and out of their horrible cars (all breeder cars are horrible).

No, I like them because it reduces the chances that some snot-faced little *bramston pickle* with chocolate on his hands will touch (or worst case door ding) my car.

I once returned to my car in a supermarket car park to find a woman struggling to get some screaming *suitcase* cannon into her car, the door was wide open, pressed hard up against my (responsibly parked) car and moving up and down with a sawing motion, destroying my paint.

The conversation went something like this:

Me:  Excuse me.

Her: Give me a minute, I'm busy.

Me: Yes, busy scratching my car.

Her: Oh <looks> sorry <goes to get in her car>.

Me: Sorry isn't going to cut it, I need your insurance details.

Her: Are you serious?

Me: [Lots of things you shouldn't say in front of kids, or even adults most of the time].

She was totally prepared to just walk (drive) away.

I'm sure if I did this one day:

http://xkcd.com/562/

I'd get a round of applause.

People who door-ding and just look and say "sorry" *fruitcage* me right off too.

Shall I say "oh, it's fine, I wanted a re spray anyway, as I just have tons of cash lying around and couldn't think of anything else to spend it on..."

Knobbers.

Had a mate which that happened to. The guy dinged his car, my mate said blah blah, you just dinged my car. Was told to *fruitcage* off. He did, for 5 minutes until scumbag had gone, and then kicked his wing mirrors off and moved his car.

Totally justifiable to me.

Last time I was in SF I witnessed someone who had been "boxed in" to a streetfront parking space with only a few inches on either side trying to ram his way out; unfortunately his early 70's Beetle lacked the weight, torque, or traction to do much beside make loud bangs, scratch the bumpers of the vehicles fore and aft, and spin his tires.  We continued on our way just as the owners of the other cars were showing up.  

A few years back I needed to file some papers at the local courthouse, and the lot was completely full save a half space left between a new Suburban taking up two spots and a brick wall; a couple motorcycles were already squeezed into the half space to its right.  Since I happened to be driving a car about to be scrapped under a California vehicle retirement program, I simply wedged it between the SUV and the wall and climbed out the sunroof.   

Could have been worse , he could have parked it in the shop entrance / lobby .

There are not any signs saying you can't do that either . !!!

Common sense should prevail , but with some people I am sure air starvation at birth removes it all !!

Archived