My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once I am kinda glad it isn't so hot up here. The weather is mild enough to keep my window open and allow circulation in the flat while not too warm as to still make things uncomfortable.

Now if only I didn't have the people upstairs coming in at 3am in the morning on a Thursday going on in a drunken slur about 'oh no I will buy you a taxi' then it would be a lot easier to sleep :).

'FireKnife'

The weather gets me down. It rained all evening and night yesterday, the pressure drop got me so drowsy I almost gave up on dinner (I literally forced myself to go to the shop and buy something to eat), and today looks similar.

Also, again, it turns out that I'm working with unbelievably stupid people.

Also, again, it turns out that I'm working with unbelievably stupid people.

Sounds like a lot of people are in a similar situation.

A couple of the ones I work with are the kind that every single idea or observation you present is shot down in a slightly arrogant 'matter of fact' way but thankfully it isn't like my last job where I had to deal with people that didn't bother to plug things in :P.

'FireKnife'

It's legal, so they think it must be safe.

I think they should make them rideable on a motorcycle license NOT a car license to deter the knobjockey chavs that ride about town on them now.

Plus, then I could get one for when it's snowing and I can't ride my bike.

I always assumed that you did have to have a helmet. Thought open top cars were only acceptable because they have roll cages (albeit usually too short for most people and if the car actually turns over you seatbelt will not hold you off the tarmac)

EDIT: https://www.gov.uk/quad-bikes-the-rules

Turns out I'm wrong. I guess it fall in the same vein as anyone on a bike/scooter wearing adidas plastic trousers that would melt with more than 2 ft of skid along the floor. Idiots.

Archived