My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Always fight tickets . . 1 . They have to wait longer for their robbery money . 2 . 3/4 of them get cancelled at the parking tribunals .

Hope the Capri had the obligatory bag of cement in the boot , to stop it sliding off the road backwards .

If you think the rallye golf was awesome take a look at the 200 homalgated cars that were made/ sold .

Moon money then ( 60 grand ) , god knows what they are worth nowadays

280+/ 400hp horsepower group A rally

monsters that got shelved when the group A races got banned .

Or the ultra rare twin engined one . 2 made . One engine in the front and one in the back behind the driver . Madness !!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always fight tickets . . 1 . They have to wait longer for their robbery money . 2 . 3/4 of them get cancelled at the parking tribunals .

Hope the Capri had the obligatory bag of cement in the boot , to stop it sliding off the road backwards .

If you think the rallye golf was awesome take a look at the 200 homalgated cars that were made/ sold .

Moon money then ( 60 grand ) , god knows what they are worth nowadays

280+/ 400hp horsepower group A rally

monsters that got shelved when the group A races got banned .

Or the ultra rare twin engined one . 2 made . One engine in the front and one in the back behind the driver . Madness !!

From what I remember, it's illegal to drive a twin engined car on the road. It was anyway, not sure if that still stands...!

Awesome, was looking for something like that, thanks!

It allows access to the pavement, and then to a doctors surgery. There are houses further down, maybe 50 yards past the end of the surgery grounds. Surgery isn't open at weekends, and I leave before they open, and arrive home after they close.

I may yet have a case for appeal!

Edit, surgery isn't residential...

Renault made them for the 5 turbo as well

As have a few other manufacturers . Rx8 Mazda was a common one seen at shows and Santa pod . The Renault 5 was a lightweight space framed monster . The rear engine had to be bump started into life . It could still drive on just the front engine if required. ,

I actualy met the British guy who redesigned the twin engine golf and made it work . After earlier attempts by vw boffins had failed . ( English engineering prevails yet again ) he was also the first guy to fit a g 60 lump into a mark 1 gti . Followed by an Audi a3 turbo lump which was ridiculously rapid ..

Now that is one car that is worth having . Retro car and ridiculous modern power plant .

Bit like the guy in Essex who transplants sequential gearboxes and hayabusa engines into old school minis and smart cars .

1989 Rallye Golf G60

Kit Built for Group A competition. FIA Homologation Papers. Xtrac 6 speed Dogbox with spare Differential and Gears. Intercom, Fire Suppression, STACK Instrument, AP brakes + Spares, ProFlex Suspension + spares, Carbon Fiber Body Panels + CF & Steel spares, Speedline Mag. Gravel Wheels, several spare sets of gravel tires, Fuel Cell, Twin Pumps, 300hp+ freshly built engine,Group A Hubs and control arms + spares

A steal at 35grand !!

So I won't be buying a rallye then. Think I would rather keep both kidneys.

Reading around, looks like I'm bolloxed legally on the parking front too. Going to appeal anyway stating it's the councils fault parking is so bad this weekend.

Parking bays have to be a particular size . If smaller than the goverment specs the bay is void . I have got off so many times with this one that I now keep a tape measure in my vehicle .

Minimum width is 1.8 Mtrs . Guidlines state that all parking bays have to be between 1.8 m up to 2.4 mtr . This applies to pay and display / resident bays etc . Half the bays in Camden / Hampstead are below minimum size . They have to void the ticket for not complying !!

There are also specific rules on signage and contact / complaint number has to be displayed somewhere on site .

Islington council just lost out to the last one in high court . They did not put a contact no on any of their parking meters . The repercussions for them are going to be massive as it goes back 8 years . ( was on parking mad a while back )

That was a top end homalgated one , normal rallyes go for between 5 to 15 grand if in good nick

Dropped kerbs cannot be parked across . Unless you broke down . Circumstances beyond your control . Ie crash , vehicle immobilised etc

To prove that you will need a receipt from a registered recovery firm / garage or motoring organisation . Your word is not enough ..

So RM tried to deliver my belt on the 30th and every day I've gone in the woman running the bar has managed to miss my damn collection slip. I even told her it was probably one of those. So I now feel like a berk messaging the guy asking who he'd sent with (it slipped my mind to enquire when purchasing, my bad) and that I'd heard nothing.

And tomorrow (well today) I can't collect it because stupid Sundays.

Friend at work has been trying to guess who I'm crushing on and whilst no ones said her name I think he knows, and knows that I suspect he knows. Damnit, do not want this going round the pub, especially before anything has the chance to develop.

Archived