My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

What he said, Google don't put an SD card slot in the Nexus because they use USB OTG (On The Go).

You can watch things on a portable hard drive or memory stick.

Cheaper per Gb and with more widespread compatibility.

Nope sorry, having a USB cable dangling out of my tablet is not an acceptable solution. I should be able to have the storage inside the damn thing without plugging extra stuff in

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Condition: Used but brand new"

I can feel the fabric of the universe tearing.

Like New is the one that makes me laugh.

Like New should be what they replace New with for second hand sales of New items as after storage or even two minutes in the average persons hands it isn't really new and something will happen.

I don't think I have ever called something 'New' and have always been honest about condition. This is probably why I rarely buy anything from a second hand seller and more pick up things from eBay shops and the like, just don't trust the average user description.

'FireKnife'

'FireKnife'

I have less of an issue buying second hand (but now am always careful after receiving a piece of Kart EBR, was advertised as good condition) especially if its something difficult to get my hands on, like the PLB, I waited ages for UK Tactical to restock then found one second hand anyway. My concern is selling, I sold a Guarder/TM 226 that was a bit dodgy, only for it to break properly within a day or so of the buyer receiving it. Fortunately he was very nice about it and let me refund him when I could afford it (I think it was a week or two down the line) and it was all settled amicably. I had no idea how close it was to actually breaking, so listed the defaults I knew of. Still felt a little bad when he messaged me saying it had broken.

Funnily enough a year and a half later and I've ALMOST fixed it, just lost the sodding spring that holds the metal plate (unsure of its actual name) into the hammer mech. SOON...

But I'm very cautious now, actually  ask the seller what condition the product is in, especially if there aren't enough images to satisfy my concerns.

In as new condition . =

No box , no manuals , only skirmished once ( for a full weekender)

Price = 10 quid cheaper than a brand new one with shop warranty !!!

No ffffin thanks !!!!!!!

You clearly spend too much time on Zero In. :P

Also not really a rant: Why is it the item that only one place has on sale (ASDA) is not in stock when I am passing by the shops but as soon as look online it tells me it is in stock for collection? Ah well at least one is near me and I can get at it soon. Now to just check why first time Paypal refused payment but the second time it went through without issue...

'FireKnife'

Every gun par 1 that I have brought second hand has had issues , be it butchered screws , knackered internals or glued on bits that were supposed to be screwed together .

I would Mutch rather buy new or from people I know nowadays. . Even new guns get butchered or fail . At leAst I can return them if needs be ,,

A lot of people on forums[url, ebay , private adds are very economical with the truth nowadays !!

Really?

In all the second hand guns I have bought (about 40-45 of which are the pistols listed in my signature) I have only had about 3-4 that I would describe as having 'issues'.

Maybe though it is down to not buying much from people I don't know or trust. That does help a bit :).

'FireKnife'

I have only bought used a couple of times. Both from reputable users on this forum. Both turned out to be cracking little guns. 

The Mk1 from hwagan is becoming a troll gun project.

The MP7 from bladerunner is my new primary.

Essentially, you should buy guns off nice folk.

The only gun I brought that didn't have issues wS from an older guy in Essex . Long time airsofter with a load of kit / guns for sale . The gun was a tm glock advance that is still going strong with no repairs ( par a leaky mag 2 yrs after purchase. ) the gun is coming up for 31/2 yeArs old and still going strong .

Having my hair cut today and What is Love comes on the radio.  Could not violently bob my head at risk of getting scissors in the neck.

On a related note.  I was forced to listen to Heart or Capital FM or some other god awful station at said hair cut. The poor people that listen to that (99%) *suitcase* willingly...

Virgin mobile being a bunch of *Ubarflock*. When I took out the contract my phone fame with a nano SIM adapter, but when I got the replacement (old one got nicked) guess what? That's right no replacement SIM adapter included so I have to buy one. Combined with the £70 excess on the insurance I'm one not happy bunny

The boiler has magically stopped working inbetween the old owners moving out, and me moving in a day later. I think it might be the ignition board or something. It's an old, rubbish boiler so replacing it might be the way forward.

In the little bedroom that is to be my tinkering room and workshop, it appears the multiple layers of wallpaper was the only thing holding much of the plastering together. Stripped the wallpaper off because there was a few rips in it, nightmare ensued. I was hoping to have the room decorated and furnished by close of play today, but that is not going to happen.

Having BT infinity installed on Friday afternoon, and I assumed they would bring the kit with them but, without consultation, they have set a delivery date for the kit of tomorrow. If they had at least asked me what day would be best, yesterday or today would be ideal because I have those days off. I can't have off tomorrow or Thursday because I have some important functionals to do at work, which will probably see me having to stay late. Basically, it's awkward. Having done some digging, it appears it might be RM or ParcelFarce who are delivering, at which point I might be able to go to the depot, wherever that may be in Preston, and pick it up before heading to work on a Friday morning.

Ballache.

Yeah, Sky and BT will do that. Massive ballache when your RM depot is in the next town over. I got Virgin in my current place and they brought it all with them on install day. 

I was quite surprised with Virgin TBH, I had heard some bad stories, but they turned up bang on time, and the engineer phoned when he was 5 minutes out to let us know he was nearly there. All installed quickly, and he was very friendly.

By the sounds of it no-ones boiler works :P.

Mine has developed an issue wherein I wake up about once a month to find it needs a reset and isn't producing hot water. This takes seconds to do but as it isn't a 'major issue' the utilities company seem reluctant to fiddle with it.

'FireKnife'

Check the pressure guage on the front to make sure the system Dosnt need refilling . Its the most common fault I get called out to !! Followed by failed thermocouplings which cost pennies to replace ....

Boiler pressure guage should be at approx 1.5 bar .. Or the boiler will shut itself off ..

Well it sits about 1.4-1.5 or so.

Either way the 'previous tenant' keeps getting some "inspect your boiler" cards through the door (they are basically company postacards, not mail I am opening) so I might just point that out and get them in for a routine check if it is a simple issue.

'FireKnife'

Is that just the bit of plastic that allows you to use a micro sim in full sized sim phone?

That's the one, luckily I found I had a spare. However it continues. When I finally got the sim card in I found I'd been cut off (my own fault as I hadn't paid the bill but that's not the problem). If I tried to make a call I got a recorded message saying ring customer services to pay the bill, but when I rang the number they gave all I got was the same recorded message telling me to dial the number I just rang

1.4 / 1.5 is normal when. The boiler is switched off . It will rise a bit when it heats up / pressurises

Never bleed radiators with the boiler on / hot . Or the pump running or you will suck air into the system .

If you have the filling loop attached .whilst the boiler is cold / not running . Try filling it up jus t a little to 1.7 / 1.8 bar . Some boilers pressure switches get tempermental with age and need marginally more pressure to operate ... Do not exceed 2 bar . Be carefull some boilers can fill very fast . One or two seconds of water coming into the loop is usually enough . . Do not overfill !!!!

Yeah given that Scottish Gas owe me an inspection they will be doing it.

Given that all of the energy companies charge so bloody much for what you get I am sure I am at right to make sure they do something about it, seeing as they say it is 'their system'.

'FireKnife'

The boiler has magically stopped working inbetween the old owners moving out, and me moving in a day later. I think it might be the ignition board or something. It's an old, rubbish boiler so replacing it might be the way forward.

In the little bedroom that is to be my tinkering room and workshop, it appears the multiple layers of wallpaper was the only thing holding much of the plastering together. Stripped the wallpaper off because there was a few rips in it, nightmare ensued. I was hoping to have the room decorated and furnished by close of play today, but that is not going to happen.

Having BT infinity installed on Friday afternoon, and I assumed they would bring the kit with them but, without consultation, they have set a delivery date for the kit of tomorrow. If they had at least asked me what day would be best, yesterday or today would be ideal because I have those days off. I can't have off tomorrow or Thursday because I have some important functionals to do at work, which will probably see me having to stay late. Basically, it's awkward. Having done some digging, it appears it might be RM or ParcelFarce who are delivering, at which point I might be able to go to the depot, wherever that may be in Preston, and pick it up before heading to work on a Friday morning.

Ballache.

Don't bother combing money at an old boiler, just rip the *fruitcage* out.

As for the Preston depot, it's in Leyland (or was, years since I've been). Not hard to find, but rush hour is fun round there!

Archived