My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

While changing the battery on my Corrado (so far undiagnosed battery drain has properly killed the old one - so much so the previous owner installed one o' them fancy red turnkey isolation switches... :| ) I've managed to snap the end off the bonnet release cable.

Drat.

Fortunately, some McGyvering with some pliers has pulled the shrouding away from the cable, and enough remains in the cabin to grasp firmly with the aformention pliers and open it.

Sadly that means money going to silly things like bonnet cables which won't make it go faster :(

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing lots of cool bits and bobs for sale, having money I COULD spend on them. Especially that holdall I've been eying up for ages.

But need to save the pennies for moving and dental treatment.

Need a better paying job, fortunately this move should help facilitate that.

I guess this is the best place to discuss the murder of James Foley without creating a new thread.  I was thinking the security services probably already know who he is and are just keeping hush right now.  There can't be too many possibilities surely? They must have had tips from people that recognize his voice.  Perhaps just wishful thinking.

Travelling to NAE i wasn't allowed on my Easyjet flight as they'd over sold tickets. Little persuasion and I got on..

Returning from NAE and I got a puncture at 75mph on the M6. Changed it rapido and arrived at the ferry port to be told that work have booked an outbound leg twice instead if one return. Again, persuasion and I get on..

I really hate MOTs.

They always seem to be due when I am busy, always on a week / month when I have other things to do and I always need work done.

Ah well, at least I am within walking distance of home and there are regular buses / trains if I do want to go anywhere, could be a lot worse. They are still annoying though.

Oh and had to write one of those 'unacceptable service' letters to Royal Mail. One as they still have an item of mine from June in 'examination' (claiming it as lost now as after a phonecall even they don't know where it is) and two they have lost both the first road tax form and utility bill I was sent (got a reminder for the bill, had to ask the DVLA for the tax form again after they gave me proof it was sent). It really is hard to find a formal and considerate way to replace 'lazy *Ubarflock*' when mentioning the posties and the customer support staff you have had to deal with.

'FireKnife'

Royal Mail AND the Post Office are really trying my patience now.

First there is the items being held up, second the mail going missing, third the need for multiple complaints letters and now they can't even be bothered to keep the self service bit staffed and I have to wait to get a proof of purchase for freepost to the customer service centre?

I never thought RM and the PO would get worse than the cluster-*Ubar* they already were last year but damn this is just taking the ######.

I wouldn't even expect this level of service from Special Airsoft Supplies........

'FireKnife'

I got it for having a wheel next to a dropped kerb for pedestrians. My fault, but I never saw it, and they had coned several roads off that weekend for a proms weekend...

So, 15000 extra people in my town, and tons of cones. Also, that was/is the one weekend a year,they send wardens round the back streets such as mine.

It's a pure cash cow and I bloody hate that.

Edit, the kerb is dropped for access to a doctor's surgery, which is closed at weekends. Even typing this again is making me mad as a wasp. The warden was a stereotypical arrogant twat too.

Council or bust.

Private ones you can easily ignore, revoke or get a third party involved to fight for you but most councils are too patient, too lined with red tape and too happy to watch you waste your time that in the end it is just easier to pay the £30 (assuming they have one of those "pay early and get it half price" things like my council ticket did) and never bother to ever park your car anywhere again, ever.

Appealing is only really useful for defaulting the payment to another months bills as it can take up to a whole month of wasted time to resolve.

The warden was a stereotypical arrogant "ha-he" too.

This is about the usual. Some I can understand when they work in areas that are dumps or ticketing the areas around football grounds as the car owners are usually *Ubar*-s themselves to them and they have had enough.

But sadly some are just happy to have that little bit of pathetic power over another human being and that little bit of 'joy' and 'power' probably gives them enough 'happiness' to go home and screw thier ugly, fat other half while putting up with thier four nagging children and not realise how unnecessary thier existence is (does that make you feel a bit better about it?). ;)

'FireKnife'

Council or bust.

Yep. This. They kept it half price at £35 though while I appealed. Got until 01/09 to pay that.

This is about the usual. Some I can understand when they work in areas that are dumps or ticketing the areas around football grounds as the car owners are usually *Ubar*-s themselves to them and they have had enough.

But sadly some are just happy to have that little bit of pathetic power over another human being and that little bit of 'joy' and 'power' probably gives them enough 'happiness' to go home and screw thier ugly, fat other half while putting up with thier four nagging children and not realise how unnecessary thier existence is (does that make you feel a bit better about it?). ;)

'FireKnife'

He was a weapons-grade *Ubar*. It's a nice area, families or old people. Very few scumbags, so really no need to be an *albartroth*, the gigantic Polish *beep*.

I think I might know that traffic warden...

We had a tank of a Polish man (must've been six foot six) who worked our doors for a couple of years. Then he got fired for excessive force and a month or so later I saw him walking the streets of Cambridge as a traffic warden. Not sure where he's gone now.

I think I might know that traffic warden...

Sounds like about half the ones I have met so unlikely :P.

Yep. This. They kept it half price at £35 though while I appealed. Got until 01/09 to pay that.

He was a weapons-grade *Ubar*. It's a nice area, families or old people. Very few scumbags, so really no need to be an *albartroth*, the gigantic Polish *beep*.

Well at least they held it at half price, could have been worse about it.

'FireKnife'

Archived