My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

He was a weapons-grade *Ubar*. It's a nice area, families or old people. Very few scumbags, so really no need to be an *albartroth*, the gigantic Polish *beep*.

Oh god, not the *fruitcage* uniformed small-town *Ubar* power trip. We have enough of that going on over here - nobody likes those half-baked halfcops responsible mainly for issuing parking tickets and fines for drinking in parks.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate seeing friends in pain, she's been sick since Sunday and barely able to keep water down.

In other news, she's upset her *fruitcage*buddy (she definitely used that word herself) was seeing another lass at the same time as her, and things got serious between the other two that she's met his parents etc. Neither woman knew of the other. Now, this leaves me confused. I did ask her out and she said no, but it looks like her situation with this other bloke was an exclusive thing, so maybe that's why she said no. Just have no clue. :/

She did start the conversation with "Not including you, why are men suck *rickrolls*..." So I think I definitely landed in the friendzone...

Gah

Yup.  Friend zone.  Make it explicitly clear you want to destroy her and if still nothing, give up and move on.  Maybe she'll come back you in the future.  Maybe not.  Just make sure you go for it anyway.

Have I missed a new FB trend or has this always been going on?  Taking photos of people holding their dog whilst clearly pretending to be asleep?  People are weird.

Windows 8 is fine, a lot of fuss about nothing imo. I got it a few weeks ago with my new PC and tbh it's barely different from 7. It may be because it knows that mine's a desktop computer but it booted to the desktop by default and I literally never see the 'squares' interface. For me it's a faster, better Windows. I like it.

That's the thing about *fruitcage* buddies, there's no such thing. One person always gets attached and see's it as a relationship (take your friend Tw1tch, classic example of *fruitcage* buddies gone wrong), even though from the outset both agree it isn't/wasn't serious. But I have had a few *fruitcage* buddies and they lasted maybe 4-6 weeks each time (and I saw them, maybe, about 4 times a month, possibly less), as I always got with someone else (which wasn't just a *fruitcage* buddy, and from the beginning, which was clear that it was a relationship).

I'd say stay away from this woman Tw1tch, she sounds like someone who loves attention and knows how to get it. I bet if you start ignoring her she'll open up a bit more.

Windows 8 is fine, a lot of fuss about nothing imo. I got it a few weeks ago with my new PC and tbh it's barely different from 7. It may be because it knows that mine's a desktop computer but it booted to the desktop by default and I literally never see the 'squares' interface. For me it's a faster, better Windows. I like it.

It is different enough to the degree that it would cause an issue for many (given experience of friends and family buying new laptops). The best way round it is to set it to boot to the desktop instead of the 'Metro' mode and then simply assign the programs you use to the taskbar but this is easy enough if you know what you are doing, not so if computers are alien to you.

Plus the way that the Metro programs throw things into the background instead of closing them again doesn't help. The change from XP to Vista / 7 wasn't so drastic so it wasn't that hard to get used to but 8 is really a tablet system that they are trying to market to everyone else. At the end of that day it can be made to work but I can understand the complaining due to the sudden changes that are not really fully explained.

That's the thing about *fruitcage* buddies, there's no such thing. One person always gets attached and see's it as a relationship (take your friend Tw1tch, classic example of *fruitcage* buddies gone wrong), even though from the outset both agree it isn't/wasn't serious. But I have had a few *fruitcage* buddies and they lasted maybe 4-6 weeks each time (and I saw them, maybe, about 4 times a month, possibly less), as I always got with someone else (which wasn't just a *fruitcage* buddy, and from the beginning, which was clear that it was a relationship).

I'd say stay away from this woman Tw1tch, she sounds like someone who loves attention and knows how to get it. I bet if you start ignoring her she'll open up a bit more.

I have only had a few and of them half saw it as what it was, just sex, and the other half wanted more all of a sudden and I told them honestly I wasn't after that. It is too much of a minefield and as annoying relationships can be at some point they can also have some great moments that you just don't get with a mate you have casual sex with.

I would say just leave her to it for a bit. If she is interested she will show it, if not then she won't but don't be eager to dive right in if you don't know what you are getting, might end up with one shag and no friend.

That or you could take my old advice I plan to tell my kids one day (if I ever have any) "would you have done anything different" to which the response should be "no, I would have just done it a few more times". ;)

'FireKnife'

Twitch, its actually quite simple not to be friendzoned. Ask youself "Am i interesting?". They need to be woo'd but dont go honey, roses and moonshine on her. Show her you're interesting and that you can add value to her day to day life. You're young, energetic and ambitious. Show it. But don't brag. Know that the guys who are trouble, are taken or are rather adventurous get attention. Hope this helps. Now for my situation: im in a happy relationship hor 6yrs now, before that, like we all had, i had a problem getting attention of any kind from the females. Ive had some that i am seriously ashamed of now. Anyway, girls amd women give me long looks and start flirting with me. I dont get why, but i hate the fact that first i couldnt get any and now for 6 years they could potentially be hazardous for my relationship if i let them. Hate it /firstworldproblem

honey, roses and moonshine on her

What the hell do you do to women on dates? :P But yes it can be annoying when you get that "girls only fancy you when you are with another girl". I think it is more as we shift focus based on our predictament but it can be very true too.

Also as this is the annoyed thread I have actually reached about 95% of the way to "going out and setting fire to the local sorting office with all the employees trapped inside while I laugh, knowing that it will be the only way to get some *fruitcage*-ing attention from the useless company that runs them". Seriously, if I find that by tomorrow, when I phone both the sorting office and customer services that one of the issues I have (and it is about 4-5 now)  hasn't been sorted with the rest on the way I will be looking at further action, nothing violent, more finding a way to get compensation and repayment of the bills and issues they have caused me.

'FireKnife'

Hah, cheers guys.

I know I can't dive right in, especially as she's still at the other dude and well she's sick too. We get on really well, like the same TV shows etc. Both big kids really, saw some awesome dinosaur cookie cutters and sent her a photo to cheer her up. We're "mean" to each other. We're not in constant contact with each other which is good.

We shall see, right now I think I need to sort my move first anyway as there's no point gunning for it while I'm out in the middle of bloody nowhere.

Also, moving is so damn expensive. We viewed a very nice flat this morning, want it. Someone else has registered interest damnit. But they want £2400 before we can move in. ARRRRRRGHH Thing is, its £850PCM. They just want a fortune in fees and deposit.

One of the sad advantages to being completely ignored by the world is that you can never get friendzoned because no female knows you exist.

Classes proving to be as *suitcasey* as expected.  One hilarious outcome so far is that my last class every Monday and Wednesday will require me to walk all the way across campus to the commuter lot since the bus route ends before that class ends.  The local bus company says "oh, you can call for the night owl service", but that still costs despite my pass, is sporadic, and requires me to still walk to the bus depot before it itself ends.  Least I'll get some exercise...

As for the windows 8, my mom has a spare laptop sitting somewhere in the house, simply because my dad could not handle that system, despite himself being all into the iphones and apps and whatchamacallits (it is all sorcery to me).  Ironically, I am probably the best in the family for understanding this tech, simply because I can sit somewhere for long periods of time to contemplate how to make stuff work rather than just tap a button or screen for a few seconds before swearing and throwing hands up into the air.

One of the sad advantages to being completely ignored by the world is that you can never get friendzoned because no female knows you exist.

You need to go to a nearby bar at about 1-2am, loudly ask if anyone is drunk enough to sleep with you, taken said person (whatever your preference) home and enjoy it.

Then you can look at improving on that one random moment and enjoying the pleasure of other people company :D.

Human beings as a general grouping can be *rickroll*-s but you do get those individual people that you want to get to know.

Also why the hell am I looking at "7th Edition Imperial Guard Tactics". I don't care for reading so called 'tactics' in a game that hinges mostly on chance and how big your plastic penis is and I have no intent to adding to my Guard army (it fits in a small box and is 1500pts, that is the way it is staying). Clearly I need something to happen at work as I am slowly running out of things to do online :(.

'FireKnife'

Also, moving is so damn expensive. We viewed a very nice flat this morning, want it. Someone else has registered interest damnit. But they want £2400 before we can move in. ARRRRRRGHH Thing is, its £850PCM. They just want a fortune in fees and deposit.

Yeah, because everyone has that much just sat there don't they? Oh wait, no they don't. :/

Just been through it myself, luckily, me and the other half moved into my mums spare room for a couple of months and accrued some funds for the move (and a bit for furnishings too as it was a much bigger place)

Thankfully I have been a tad lucky when it comes to moving as I have only had to pay a single months rent and a deposit of a single months rent when moving (so £410 x2)

I am just confused as to what other 'fees' they want to make it come to £2400 when one month plus one month for deposit is only £1700?!

'FireKnife'

Eh? Where the hell is it that?

I have only ever seen it be one month as rent, one as deposit and at most the extra £25-50 for an inventory check.

And that is from when I looked in Bristol, when I was visiting in the North East of England and both my places in Scotland.

How odd.

'FireKnife'

All of the lettings agents that I made enquiries with were like that.

One of them even wanted to have everything paid BEFORE they'd put the applicants to the landlord for them to choose so we had to wait for a refund for that before we could do anything else.

Remind me never to rent near you then :P.

Still though I thought it was standard practice, maybe as I was only looking at single bedroom flats on my own. I could somewhat understand fees for larger accomadation or couples etc.

'FireKnife'

Deposit: £1275

"Fees" (Letting agent ripping us off): £240+£120 because an extra individual will be living there

Rent: £850

Now, my mate said he can cover about £1200. The rest we're kinda screwed on. I've £100 in savings, can put another £50 towards it tomorrow on payday if I scrimp on eating.

So only a grand short. I can't get a loan because my credit rating is shot to pieces because of debt issues. My mum says she'll help to get me out of here but conveniently didn't say how much she could contribute (even on a loaned basis). I could try to talk to my dad but I don't think he'll help me out and I'm ashamed to ask. It was bad enough asking my mum.

Not got enough valuables to make up the difference either. Even if I sold all my kit.

Council assisted renting toss pots not all of them are bad but any younger than 40 (even then it's dicy) are rubber munchers with no sense of pride & all of us should feel disgraced that they are allowed homes while we are aware of Vets on the street.

My family have a fair few privately owned properties across the UK and here in Scotland we decided to let out to council tenants Grr for the first time as it was an alright and fairly job stable place.

Over the last 3 years and 3 different council tenants we are now down £7100 Plus owed rent from council + tenants.

My good fellows don't bother with council tenants as the only good ones seem to be those willing to pay for it themselves and not sit on the housing lists or have already reached their 60's!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Those of you currently on council but our recent tenants have royally ###### me off!

If you PM me the area you are looking for I can tell you if we have a property?

I guess it depends what council.  I know someone that rents a house to the council for social housing and the council pay the rent guaranteed on time, every time whether there's a tenant in there or not.

Some council's may well be different.

Moray council do pay on time however as of 5 months ago when one of the couple moved out taking his benefits with him, No one has paid a full calendar month of £410 for a 3 bedroom house with a garage, driveway and large rear garden which coming from the south east of England we find to be an astronomically cheap price as you can pay well over double for less in the south!

We are able to ask for such cheap prices because we subsidise across the whole range of houses the family own outright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should add after he moved out an extra Female moved in who was very much disabled

Archived