My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I went in a Spoons was when we had the Arnies social game at The Mall back in Dec'12.

There is a good reason I don't go in them often, patly due to the fact that they are often a Mecca for lowlifes in some places during the day. You know the ones, sat outside with their poor dog that is underfed and badly trained, no personal hygeine, puffing away on a roll-up, giving anyone that looks their way a "I will *fruitcage*-ing [slang for vagina beginning with T] you" look.

So yeah, "Posh Pub", erm no.

'FireKnife'

Just watched a guy parallel park, forget to apply handbrake, slam into car in front (facing down a hill), pull out of said parking space and park 2 down and walk off.  I left a note on that poor persons car he didn't give a *fruitcage* about.

To be fair, most of the drinkers I have encountered in 'spoons are perfectly harmless.

Maybe it is just the ones I have passed by but the low prices and large TVs seem to attract those 3-4 people (out of the probable 100 or more that are there) that are just a good enough reason not to go in as you just don't want to be near them.

That and most people I know just don't like to go in them for various others reasons (the combination of daytime drunks AND screaming kids in the 'food bit' doesn't really sit well with a lot of people it seems).

'FireKnife'

The last time I went in a Spoons was when we had the Arnies social game at The Mall back in Dec'12.

There is a good reason I don't go in them often, patly due to the fact that they are often a Mecca for lowlifes in some places during the day. You know the ones, sat outside with their poor dog that is underfed and badly trained, no personal hygeine, puffing away on a roll-up, giving anyone that looks their way a "I will *fruitcage*-ing [slang for vagina beginning with T] you" look.

So yeah, "Posh Pub", erm no.

'FireKnife'

Wasn't a Spoons!

Wasn't a Spoons!

I went in one on the wait for the train and got an all day breakfast ;). It was on the high street, opposite The Mall itself.

I didn't mean the one we were all in the night before :D.

Girlfriend left me today, then on the way home I managed to put my bike into a river, today went sort of - wrong

How, how did you just 'put' your bike into a river? :unsure:

'FireKnife'

Some *Ubar* wad reported me on Facebook for using fake name. *fruitcage* me, apparently half of the *fruitcage* people on that hopeless site use fake names, and no harm comes to them. Me on the other hand? Those *fruitcage*waffles demand a copy of my ID. Is that sort of *suitcase* even legal? First, they don't provide any secure means of sending one, second, I'm pretty sure that anyone apart from the government cannot demand ID as proof without a good reason, "social networking" certainly not being one of them. Where the eff is EFF when you need it?

And that's after a couple of people I know from Arnies were harassed on the basis of stuff they posted online, including a visit from an Armed Response Unit. It's only reasonable that I want to protect myself from this sort of meddlesome vengeful *fruitcage*wits.

Tell them to get *fruitcage*ed.

There's no button to do that on Facebook. Hell, there's no means to contact them directly in any matter, and their "Help" is the most unhelpful maze of neatly stacked cubic bull*suitcase* I've seen, beating even the customer support for SWTOR.

So have they suspended your account until you provide ID?  Situation seems weird.

Well, I'm one of those old-fashioned people who still know that giving your real name online without a good reason (like, banking, shopping, signing up for a service of some sort etc.) is not advisable. So I was going by "Mike West" for quite a while now. For example, on Arnie's, only twelve users know my real name: the guy I bought a pair of radios from, Spetsnazdave, Rhino, guy from the mask company and the folks I sold the Ronin patches to.

Mod edit fixed. Boom.

Apologies.

Also, inquiring I found out that first my account is suspended but not suspended but suspended, second Fecesbook ###### on your privacy from orbit, third, they don't give a *suitcase* about Common law or Californian state law. Why haven't they been sued yet by, for example, a transgender person who legally uses a female name but still haven't been issued documents in that name, is a mystery to me. Seriously, that would be a massive *suitcase*nado with legal, social and, no doubt, commercial backlash.

Archived