My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I have a package coming from the states. Tracking number only goes so far as saying "sent to destination country"

Well no *suitcase*.

My front wheel is coming today.

I am happy.

I keep checking the online tracker, it is still "out for delivery".

I am delayed at work with a student who needs help, it's OK, I haven't missed it - it is still down as "out for delivery".

My wife comes home and there is a docket saying that I will have to collect it.

It is still down as "out for delivery".

That's not tracking - thats *suitcase*.

I am sad.

I've a parcel coming from HK that arrived in the UK on september the 1st.

Parcel force and Royal Mail each tell me that: "Information on your item is not yet available."

WHERE HAS IT BEEN FOR TWELVE DAYS!?

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some *fruitcage* council pleb in Beaconsfield has decided to add a cycle lane and some other lane that looks like a cycle lane but people are parked in it to a stretch of road reducing a two lane road into one and half . So if, God forbid, two cars need to pass each other, you have to drive in the cycle lane. This can't be right surely? It's bloody dangerous.

3xdS7DDl.jpg

Only to knobhead road cyclists, which is fine. Also, isn't it dangerous taking photos whilst driving* :P

*awaits response of phone being dash-mounted etc etc :)

Only to knobhead road cyclists, which is fine. Also, isn't it dangerous taking photos whilst driving* :P

*awaits response of phone being dash-mounted etc etc :)

And the response where I mention that not all cyclists are knobheads and that not even knobheads deserve to me smashed to pieces by a head on from a car.

In a related note:

I have now got a bike headlight that meets and exceeds the strict German bike headlight regulations.

However, as to complaining, remember this:

Ha!

Check this out for pain...

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

6 weeks and counting...

The estimate has been updated to November the 8th.

WTF?

Ouch...

Mine still says processing but that might be because I'm not actually getting what I ordered now. Will wait another week and give them a call.

Only got about 8 hours left to order that Warrior Dogs shirt, no friends have responded to my request yet.

And the response where I mention that not all cyclists are knobheads and that not even knobheads deserve to me smashed to pieces by a head on from a car.

Thought you would jump in here, I could have worded it better.

I was implying the select group of cyclists who ride on the road, and seem to want to get smashed by cars, believing their shield of arrogance will protect them from several tons of steel moving at high speed.

Not all cyclists are knobs, but those that are, truly are...

Same for most groups really :)

Eh? Tha doesn't make any sense. If the bloke was in a car and the cyclist had jumped the lights, surely said car driver wouldn't have been able to catch the cyclist (for the cyclist had jumped the lights and would have been down the road, whilst the driver of the car would have been at the lights waiting for the red to change to green)?

Or did the driver of said car somehow chase after the cyclist and then hit him?

Also, hitting someone for 'mouthing off' is pretty *fruitcage* stupid and shouldn't be incouraged. Got no problem with rapists and murderers getting their heads kicked in (I'm evil like that), but not someone who is just 'mouthing off'.

The cyclist came across the Baker Street junction on a red light and the car on the Euston road dual carriageway had to do an emergency stop and clipped him, the cyclist then decides to mouth off even though he was totally in the wrong . The car driver was totally justified in his actions . Baker Street is a major junction and the cyclist was lucky that he wasn't hit harder by the car .

The cyclists attitude was one of pure arrogance !!

I would have done more than floor the twat !!

If that guy had kids or old people in his car they would have been thrown forward by his emergency stop .

All because some twat thinks traffic lights don't apply to him !

Saw on the news last week , another road rage with a cyclist where a pedestrian pulled a blade on him and tried to slice the cyclist up !! Was in Camden Pratt street .. Rightfully named .

Not everyone is as meek as you think nowadays . Picked the wrong person to abuse on this one ..

The video of it is up on the net ( daily mirror ) if I recall correctly. ..

We have a Lycra Warrior cockwomble mincing round our office in his cycling gear for upwards of an hour in the morning. Strolls up to his desk with his helmet and shades on thinking he looks cool but is actually looking like a massive throbber.

I doubt people would mind if he wasn't such an arrogant *beep* the rest of the day.

So, you left out that the cyclist hit the car and then 'mouthed off'? Still an over reaction and the cyclist would be in his right to get the driver (could/should be) done for assault. It's hooligan type behaviour and something I wouldn't want my kids thinking it's acceptable to hit someone for talking like a rickroll. Pulling a knife on someone is even worse. And no, I'm not a cyclist. If someone jumps the lights, in car, is it okay to drag them out and floor them (even if they mouth off)?

Look.

Almost everyone does things that make other people thing they are awful.

Some cyclists jump red lights.

Some cyclists switch back and forth between road and pavement as it suits.

Some motorists drive whilst on the phone.

Some motorists drive while paying no attention at all.

I make a clicking noise like the Predator when my mind is wandering, it drives people crazy.

Lots of people get angry because people do things that are right and get angry when they don't do things that are illegal because they are uneducated buffoons.

I've been cut up by people who have used the justification that "I didn't see you" and "you don't pay tax, you shouldn't be on the road".

Both of those are idiotic statements, you not seeing me is your fault - look more thoroughly - and road tax doesn't exist in that way.

I've actually been hit from behind by a motorist while slowing for a red light because "I expected you to run the light" she said.

That's like running a kid over because he wasn't there yesterday.

Basically nobody likes to be wrong.

Nobody like to get a shock.

When you get a shock and are wrong at the same time you get a huge dump of adrenaline (fight or flight) and a flash of embarrassment which turns to anger.

If you also happen to be stupid/uneducated/uncivilised this can lead you to lash out.

I've done it, I got run over by a lady turning left into Aldi as I cycled past the junction.

I was frightened and angry and I shouted at her and called her names until she cried.

Then I realised I was being a total *rickroll*.  Shouting at her wasn't going to make her travel back in time an un-run me over, it wasn't going to make her feel any worse than she already (obviously) did, it wasn't going to fix my bike.

All it was doing was making her feel scared and intimidated.  No need.

When you are in an incident like this it would pay to remember that in most cases the other person has made a genuine mistake or series of mistakes.

Accept apologies and collect insurance details.

If they are belligerent, unrepentant or were doing something obviously illegal then call plod.  Don't take things into your own hands.

Lastly, think on this:  Using pejorative generalisations is usually discrimination.

A person can be a cyclist, wear lycra and be a total *Ubar* but he is not a *Ubar* because he wears lycra and rides a bike.

Just like you can't say someone is a benefit fraud because they are an immigrant.

Or a person is a terrorist because they are a muslim.

Even if they are both, asserting that there is causation when there is merely correlation marks you as an ignorant bigot.

Life is always more complex than that.

I like that post, stunt, thanks :)

Edit, anyone know how to delete stuff from the iCloud via the ipad? Without having to use a computer? Apple have generously given me/everyone a U2 album, and I don't want to be associated with that filth in any way.

Yes, I am a twat for buying into Apple. I'm worse than a road cyclist...

Thanks, saw that but doesn't work. They are on the island, except for the first track which seems to have downloaded as I tried to swipe it. No option to delete...

I'll have to fire up a laptop/pc, which is a twat as my wife's dies just a couple of days ago, and mine is a company powered by coal as I got it in 2007.

I am massively off that iTunes did this. I hate U2.

Hate.

Island? Icloud. Even my android phone mocks me.

Edit 2, coal, not company. Maybe the 4 pints.and bottle of red don't help typing after all.

Never mind, there's still port to aid clarity!

Cyclists belong on the road. Bicycles are road vehicles. Unless there is a cycle path, in which case it's an offense NOT to use it.

I very strongly disagree.

You can disagree all you like.  In this case that would make you wrong.

That's OK though, no laws against being wrong.

Hed, the Department for Transport. Notes for Walking and Cycling says that even if there is a cycle path it is OK not to use it under the following conditions:

You are doing more than 18mph

It is more dangerous (to life, health, your bike or pedestrians) to be on the path.  Examples of things that make it more dangerous are:

Path on only one side and it is the wrong side, you can't expect a cyclist to cross a busy road to use a cycle path.

Path too narrow, cyclist going 15mph hits a pedestrian in the back and they're both getting hurt.

Or if there is only one path, two cyclists with a closing speed of 30mph hit each other - not good.

Pedestrians frequently cross cycle paths without looking or giving any indication that  they intend to do so.

No drop kerb, if you can't get on the path, how can you use it?  Not everyone can do a bunny hop.

Parked cars, stopped buses, bin bags, broken glass, people just having a chat etc. blocking the thing.

Terrible surface - there is one through the industrial estate near me that has a finish so bad that the vibration blurs my vision when I use it.

Some of the cycle paths around here are pants-on-head retarded.

It's like the person who designed them didn't know what a bicycle was, didn't have a driving license and doesn't have access to the internet.

Most of them are combined bus/cycle paths - deadly.  Put the biggest and smallest road users together, derp.

One (next to a dual carriageway) is two kerbs and 4 feet of grass away from the road with no drop kerbs.

One is pretty good until it just stops, angles you out into the road and stops, on a bend with no warning.

One carries along quite well until it reaches a dual carriageway and stops, it carries on on the other side but you have to dismount and cross two lanes of traffic, climb over a crash barrier and cross two more lanes of traffic before you can carry on.

One goes down a steep hill, so you can get up some speed unfortunately there is a junction bell mouth half way down the hill and the give way lines are painted between the cycle path and the road.  Cars just pull up to the road without looking right and stop in front of you as you go down it.

It happens to me about one time in every five time I use it, it has got me so nervous that I stopped using the cycle path and used the road instead and the first time I did that a car came all the way across the cycle lane and into the road without looking and I had to swerve to avoid being t-boned.

I could go on.

I have bought a Sony AS30 head camera so look forward to some hilarious footage of people trying to murder me in future.

Archived