My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found most car users don't understand 'give way right'. Pretty sure that's a big thing in the Highway Code book, but I could be mistaken.

Rant: please, for the love of a diety, don't just grab the front of the pram, while I'm in the middle of getting off the/a train. Thank you for not asking and just grabbing. You nearly put me off my balance, and that gap between the train and platform is big enough for a pram/child to fall down. This really does sound like a spoilt kid gobbing off, it's not. It's always nice when a person asks if I need a hand, but I always refuse (except if it's the train driver/ticket collector as he/she always grabs the pram with two hands, as they're aware of balancing the weight).

I nearly fell down the steps of a foot bridge the other day, due to a person not being strong enough to lift the pram with one arm. They fell into the pram and nearly head butted my son. Good intentions are all fine and good, but you need the skill/strength/experience to back it up. People look at me as if am mad when I say I don't need any help, but honestly I don't.

A border, which isn't even really a border no less.

Yep, but they are saying it will be 'open' anyway. Wonder how that will affect tourism and trade when they get booted out the EU by Spain (a country rife with independence issues) out of spite? It will happen.

I've said this before.

People are stupid.

Even average people are pretty stupid.

That means that more than half of people are stupid.

Now I don't know the distribution works, there might be more stupid people in the "Yes" camp but we don't know.

You can be pretty sure though that there will be plenty of stupid people on both sides.

Stupid, noisy people shouting nonsense on television.

I can't comment as I have only seen Edinburgh (staunch No area) and lower Fife (mostly Yes banners but actual individual voters look to be 60/40 for No) but so far it seems that in those areas the No voters are those in jobs with good salaries and a family they care for. Sounds like I am being biased but I am not, simple as that. Every person I encounter with a No Thanks badge is either a young to middle age adult or a student.

If they vote Yes, I vote we rebuild Hadrians Wall.

You want out, fine. But you gorram STAY out.

If it is a Yes I am moving back to the UK in the two year transition period that will follow. Simple as that, not staying in a country with no future.

Oh and just to point out how much this all means to people, Scottish soldiers serving in the Armed Forces that are not at present stationed in Scotland do not get a say. Because *fruitcage* the people that risk life and limb in a warzone in the name of your country, they have no say but a tax dodging scoundrel does. It is a bloody joke. <_<

Well Cameron doesn't really give a *suitcase*, means more money he can syphon back into the UK and less chance of a Labour win.

So yeah, this is sadly not only a waste of time, money and a thousand other things, it is also going to harm the 55 million odd other people in the UK that don't get a say about and probably at least 60% or so that don't want a Conservative government. So everyone, be happy that your future is being decided by less than a 10th of the population of the entire country and if you do invade afterwards please remember I voted No, thanks ;).

'FireKnife'

Depends what you class as 'harmed'?

But it will make a difference and so far the only impact it will have is negative, but hey most Yes voters are too pig headed and have never actually left Scotland, they just sit in their little bubble and assume they are so 'poor and unfortunate' all because of the evil Westminster.

It makes me laugh but I don't think the majority of the Yes voters are realising how selfish their actions are in a world that should be expanding and getting closer day by day, not segregating off into more and more little countries that have little to offer. I did laugh when a group of Yes voters was compared to the attitudes of UKIP. It wasn't correct but they do share this idea of a very national and close knit world ruled by xenophobia and fear of the world outside their doorstep. But as Scotland wants in the EU after independence I don't think many people even understand what they are saying Yes to now.

But hey it is only two days away and all the papers seem to be pulling out the stops to tell us to 'save the UK'. All I know is a No vote means I stay, a Yes vote means I leave. If people want to stay on the sinking ship then great but I am quite happy to get the first lifeboat off.

'FireKnife'

Depends what you class as 'harmed'?

But it will make a difference and so far the only impact it will have is negative, but hey most Yes voters are too pig headed and have never actually left Scotland, they just sit in their little bubble and assume they are so 'poor and unfortunate' all because of the evil Westminster.

It makes me laugh but I don't think the majority of the Yes voters are realising how selfish their actions are in a world that should be expanding and getting closer day by day, not segregating off into more and more little countries that have little to offer. I did laugh when a group of Yes voters was compared to the attitudes of UKIP. It wasn't correct but they do share this idea of a very national and close knit world ruled by xenophobia and fear of the world outside their doorstep. But as Scotland wants in the EU after independence I don't think many people even understand what they are saying Yes to now.

But hey it is only two days away and all the papers seem to be pulling out the stops to tell us to 'save the UK'. All I know is a No vote means I stay, a Yes vote means I leave. If people want to stay on the sinking ship then great but I am quite happy to get the first lifeboat off.

'FireKnife'

I mean a major dip in the UK's economy / living standards. I don't think globalization is as popular or as "progressive" as you think it is really. FWIW Spain won't veto a Scottish entrance in the EU out of spite but rather as they are trying to dissuade the Catalans from going solo

That is what I meant by spite, a form of dissuasion to their own people by vetoing the other countries that have done the same. Plus it doesn't help that other countries might veto them simply as they don't want them to have a 'share' in what the EU has to offer. I might be wrong but if Scotland wants to stay in the EU at the moment it would be better for them to stay in the UK (I know people say 'oh but what if the UK leaves the EU' but lets be realistic).

I don't think it will make a change to living standards and that is not my point. My point is that it means less voters to counter the Conservatives, giving them a few easier wins until they foul up so badly they get voted out at last.

For me it all boils down to every single thing that the Yes campaign has stated so far is either highly inflated or not possible. The fact that we get people that are heading the Yes campaign telling us 'we can all survive without the likes of Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Sainsburys' proves how little they actually know. Even members of the SNP are backing No now, because they have seen the damage it can potentially do and while everyone keeps going on about how 'amazing' it will be they haven't realised that in reality there is an equal, if not greater chance it will all go to pot.

Though I do think it will make a difference to the whole of the UK in many ways and as such to let 5 million out of 65 million decide is to me a huge error in judgement. But hey, according to some Yes voters 'all people voting No are just *Ubarflock*' and that to me symbolises everything wrong with the Yes campaign, but then saying that the No campaign has been getting that way over the last few weeks too.

'FireKnife'

If Scotland vote 'Yes', I say we 1: rebuild hadrians wall to stop the inevitable illegal immigrants coming into our country, tekin er jerbs.

Then they get the two years grace period.

Then they get 2 years to realise just how idiotic they've been.

Then we invade.  A tank in every town, and soldiers at every greggs. We'd have the pict's on their knees in days. DAYS!

Got a rant here that will cause some commotion seeing the opinion of many people regarding road use. I am... Understanding to traffic laws. Mostly I use them as a guideline and use my common sense to get my to my destination safely and fluently. I speed. Regulary even. Not the mad speed idiots are going, but I go over the speedlimit by 10km/h frequently when I'm not putting stress on other road users. I dont speed, I prefer ' driving fluent'. But people who drive 5-10 km\h under the limit get me going. Road safety my *albatross*. Youre creating a hazzard for everyone because everyone tries to get past you! Mostly these are people thinking they do things smartly and go ' tsk tsk' on everyone who don't agree. I drive more polite than most people, try to take everyones safety AND feelgood in account. I adapt to other people's road behaviour easily but don't just exaggerate please! Dont creep to the exit, you have brakes. Don't come to a halt when you dont have too. Good that you want to drive economically but dont force people behind you to do the same. Figgin hippies... Thats on top of all the idiot dangerous road users. Got a randt about being a cyclist as welll, but lets keep that for another time.

Got a rant here that will cause some commotion seeing the opinion of many people regarding road use. I am... Understanding to traffic laws. Mostly I use them as a guideline and use my common sense to get my to my destination safely and fluently. I speed. Regulary even. Not the mad speed idiots are going, but I go over the speedlimit by 10km/h frequently when I'm not putting stress on other road users. I dont speed, I prefer ' driving fluent'. But people who drive 5-10 km\h under the limit get me going. Road safety my *albatross*. Youre creating a hazzard for everyone because everyone tries to get past you! Mostly these are people thinking they do things smartly and go ' tsk tsk' on everyone who don't agree. I drive more polite than most people, try to take everyones safety AND feelgood in account. I adapt to other people's road behaviour easily but don't just exaggerate please! Dont creep to the exit, you have brakes. Don't come to a halt when you dont have too. Good that you want to drive economically but dont force people behind you to do the same. Figgin hippies... Thats on top of all the idiot dangerous road users. Got a randt about being a cyclist as welll, but lets keep that for another time.

All I am going to ask is do you often drive in Brussels? That seems to be the general idea of how to drive round there as I was informed by my boss while over there.

But then that is just the roads you drive on and the people you deal with. I would say that is a bad way to drive myself as it is still speeding but I drive on UK roads which are a hodge-podge of all sorts, from slow old people to Taxi's jumping junctions at 40-50mph.

Also just had to listen to some 'Scotland is screwed over by the UK' scruff again. It is just leading people to argue. I even got told that when I mentioned that all people should make a decisions and should vote Yes or No I got told I was wrong and that spoiling your ballot is fine? In the decision for how your countries future will be shaped it is fine to say 'I don't care'? What a load of bull, what is the point then in us even voting for it in the first place if that is how people view it?

'FireKnife'

Poxy motorbike.

Just popped (wrestled) the front brake caliper off to replace the pads, and the sodding retaining pin was seized in.

I ended up getting the junior hacksaw out to cut a notch into said pin so I had something to hammer against with a screwdriver. (had nothing to lose at this point)

So now I have the pin out, I have the pistons out, I have the seals out, and I'm without transport until the new seals and pin get here to rebuild the friggin thing.

And all because the garage that sold me it either didn't grease the pin, or lied about doing the brakes.

If any of you London based folk are in the vicinity of South Ealing road, would you kindly go set fire to Bill Bunn Motorcycles.

All I am going to ask is do you often drive in Brussels? That seems to be the general idea of how to drive round there as I was informed by my boss while over there.

But then that is just the roads you drive on and the people you deal with. I would say that is a bad way to drive myself as it is still speeding but I drive on UK roads which are a hodge-podge of all sorts, from slow old people to Taxi's jumping junctions at 40-50mph.

Brussels is busy. I don't live there but have passed it many times. Busy but all do-able.

Ghent is as well, but on a WAY lower level. It's basically one big 'Zone 30' with a lot of one-way mazes ( Historical cities have these ) and non optimized traffic lights.

But it really is the drivers that irk me, not the road.

You have irresponsible selfish risk takers and then you have these 'I'm 50 or older and thus that justifies me for driving like i'm still wondering what all these levers and buttons do'.

Being careful and being slow and awkward are 2 different things. At least the risk takers know they're in the wrong and don't act like a tutoring nun.

I'm quite big on the ' Laws are for the people of lesser intellect and people fond of the burocrazy'.

For example: Imagine yourself on a road as a pedestrian and you need to cross it. It's 3 AM in a quiet town and you have a line of sight of 1 kilometre up and down the road. No-one's there, but the trafficlights tell you to stop.

I, for one, would cross. There's no risk. No traffic, No distractions. But it's still against the law. If a policeman saw you you'd have a heavy fine. Just apply common sense and logic first, laws second and you'd be fine.

Oh btw, try and drive the correct speed on the road and obey EVERY traffic sign on that road. Good luck.

Belgium is notorious for that. People drive on automatic pilot ( thus common sence for the most part ) because of it.

You can't for the love of god notice every traffic sign you come across without lowering you speed to a crawl. Nevermind obey them.

/ 2nd rant ( yes, cyclic rant still has to come ). It just isn't my day.

Genuinely paranoid some twunt is bypassing the keyless entry on my car and is going to nick it. Was going to have an early night and went to close a window in the spare room out front when I noticed that my car lights were on, and the interior lights were on too. I assumed that I had just forgot to close the door properly and after grabbing a key, I went out to sort it but the car lights were off and it was locked and all doors were shut properly. I noticed someone who lives on the corner was watching me out the window from a dark room. Couple of minutes later I went back out to empty my car of valuables and that same person was watching me, but trying to be discreet about it.

Maybe it was just dodgy French electrics, but the person watching from the window has freaked me out a bit. So instead of getting my early night and being refreshed for the gym first thing in the morning, I'm pulling stag because my mind is making me think the worst. :(

Wait, why do you leave anything valuable in your car in the first place? (as you did say 'valuables').

In my car if it was broken into they would get nothing bar some take-away napkins, a £10 MP3 player, a little A7 notebook, one hi-vis vest, an old coat for emergencies and some cheap window squegee thing.

Still not good to hear there is someone twitching at the window. For me it is more the people that walk past my place with hoodies up and a poor Staffie they are dragging about. What gets me is where are they going? Even when they don't have the dog, south of me is nothing but a locked up industrial estate and then fields?

'FireKnife'

Some cars can have their remote locking systems signals / infra red remotes grabbed by the all 4 one remotes you can buy for operating your tv / video players . They have pretty good range on them as well . . The pro thiefs use a grabber which is a more sophisticated version of these .

If losing the car is the problem , use old Skool tactics . Remove coil lead / ht leads etc . The old deterents are still the most effective. . . Or use one of those cheap shed alarm . Movement detector things you can get for about a tenner they are very loud when triggered !!

Simple but effective . !!

Archived