My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick Davenport, get my cloak and hat. We are going to Africa.

It shall be ours again!!!!!!!

EDIT: Just had to fill out some bull-*suitcase* 42 page form for simply claiming that I am the sole occupant of a flat.

*fruitcage*-ing bunch of *Ubarflock* the council are. All it would have taken was my details, the details of my rent agreement which they can get from the estate agent in two minutes and a tick box but *fruitcage* that noice, no it has to be as pathetically pointless and hard to understand as possible.

And after all that I still have to drive 20 miles out to see them to show them some documents and tell them what a bunch of lazy bastads they are. Joy.

EDIT2: After waiting in a typical 'you are number ### in the queue' kinda thing it turns out all they need is a declaration from me, via email of my desire for a discount. This has meant that the 42-page form was pointless. So why was that not stated on the form? Why was I not properly informed and why is it so bloody hard for councils to make it that easy in the first place? The email I sent that got the '14-day bounce back' was enough but nowhere was it stated that is the case. Urgh, why is our country filled with so much bloody red tape and pathetic add-ons that make something that should be and in fact is easy turn out to be a misguided nightmare-ish slog?

Ah well, the prospect of buying proper coloured gunz from tomorrow onwards makes me happy. I think it will be a M&P to celebrate while I try and locally sell my only electric gun.

'FireKnife'

Urgh, why is our country filled with so much bloody red tape and pathetic add-ons that make something that should be and in fact is easy turn out to be a misguided nightmare-ish slog?

Because you wanted the discount. They make it hard for you in the hope you won't bother. (and many don't)

I left my phone at home. Feel like my hand has been cut off.

Well they have now given it to me but I have to defer my payments to next month now.

So that means I am paying for the period of 27/05/2014 to 31/03/2015 (just over 10 months) in the space of 3 due to the fact you don't pay on the last two (I was told that is so the councils have a two month grace period to account for all their cock ups). So that means I am paying about £630 in 3 months rather than in 8 as it would have been if the council didn't take 5 months to realise I exist :P.

Silly people but at least it is sorted and at least I had always put the money aside, knowing I was going to be paying for it anyway. Plus a bonus is I put £80 a month aside (what it used to be in Scaberdeen) and it only works out to £75 so I have a bit left that I am sure can go on guns.

'FireKnife'

So, finally, the streets above the new subway stations are getting reopened tonight.

The new subway line, however, remains closed until November 11th. And the bus lines are being "reorganized" to "better integrate" with the subway that, uhm, well, DOESN'T *fruitcage* WORK YET.

And the bureaucratic machine is slowly crawling forward, meaning that the new line will be extended in the next two or three years. So while I'll finally be free from the monstrous heavy machinery noise, the final station on the Stage 1 of Westbound extension is planned to be right next to my home. Major street closed down, detour through my street most likely, bus lines I use to get to work diverted hell-knows-where.

Wasn't it killed by a large amount of mods poisioning it, shooting it, stabbing it and then throwing it off a bridge only for it to died of hypothermea from the ice cold river it fell in to?

Ten internetz for anyone that knows the reference :P.

'FireKnife'

It was Kidscotland getting banned that really did for it. The guy held the forums together like a social glue

I've noticed recently that I have a propensity for road rage.

Like every single person on the road then? :P But I find it is more types of road rage than just general 'road rage'.

You either have:

1. Rage because the drivers you deal with in your area are stupid, don't follow the rules and you rage out of potential fear for your safety at someone elses idiocy.

2. You are an idiot and assume everyone else is driving too slow / in the wrong lane / the wrong car. These people are usually what causes the first one as they don't realise they are the problem.

Most intelligent people that suffer road rage often suffer the first. Most of the idiots and those that are arrogant (including the white van driver / Audi executive / buses stereotypes) on the road suffer the second.

You can usual tell as the first group keep the rage in their car unless they do end up in a fear for your life situation. The second group are the ones more likely to be abusive and take it outside their car but that is not always the case.

Just observations I have made.

'FireKnife'

Yesterday I got stuck behind some knob who decided to pull out into the overtaking lane, and sit at exactly the same speed as when he was in the left hand lane (15 mph below the limit, 15 yards behind the car in the left lane).

This morning, I got cut up by some tool in a tricked out hot hatch that clearly wanted to be ahead of me, but then hesitated at the roundabout for at least half a dozen gaps that you could have gotten a bus through. Seriously, *suitcase* or get off the pot.

I despise most other road users.

Your vehicle is equipped with a horn, this is what it's for.

I've looked into getting a train/ferry horn fitted to my car. 50% boot space reduction is worth it.

I gave him a polite toot of horn and he ignored it. Leaning on the horn would have made me look like the *Ubar* in that situation.

A proper train horn just wouldn't fit on a motorbike unfortunately. Not without a sidecar dedicated to it.

Sat behind a marked patrol car today for 20 minutes of my journey between jobs . At every traffic light he stopped in the pushbike section and failed to indicate turning on at least 5 occasions . At those lights there were people next to them blatantly using their mobile phones ( held to ears . Also several cyclists jumped through red lights with a total disregard for the marked police car being there.

Road laws in the uk are becoming a joke !!

Soon it will just be a free for all as even the police don't enforce anything now!!

Looks like the DVLA new super website for car taxing (quick, remove those discs people) crashed.

What a surprise :P.

Also sat wondering why my new pistol is not down as 'despatched', hmmm. It can't take this long from a retailer.

'FireKnife'

Just saw the story about McDonald's in America .

Unbeleivable . Worm meat , horse meat and human meat being served in their burgers !!! Apparently the main meat production plant and McDonald's meat distributors , restaurNts got investigated . In Oklahoma . 90 per cent of restaurants were using it !!

Just unbelievable !!!!

Archived