My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I really hope this is a hoax and not true .!!!

Madness !!

Yeah probably is. Remember reading one on snopes a few years ago about ground worms - apparently beef is cheaper!

Had a similar incident the other weekend - police car parked in the road, driver using his mobile - meters in front of a national speed limit sign. grr

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is April 1st already?

I highly doubt such a thing about McDonalds is true. I can believe the '100% beef' on their food boxes as technically any flesh from a cow can be considered beef but that just sounds far too fake.

Either way be glad you are in the UK. Our food standards may not be amazing but the worst we are likely to get is the horse that came last in the races instead of Daisy in a field.

'FireKnife'

Looks like it (2012), throw this into google 'race riot in israel' and look at the reports by several news agencies.

Edit:- regarding the human flesh in McDonalds, that story has been around for a few months now. Here's a link to a website that says it originates from a satirical website:- http://m.hoax-slayer.com/human-meat-mcdonalds-satire.shtml

Yeah, I would look at the above links but mobile Facebook is retarded and linking to it doesn't help (except Habakure's one but I have seen that before).

At least on real FB I can view the story without having to give my life away :D.

Sounds bull, sounds very tin hat time and probably one of a thousand stories like this that you get everyday.

If you want something fun or real to read about that actual impacts on human lives look at the Trident argument, on the one hand you have potential loss of jobs and the fact that when it goes the Clyde gets dredged for potential oil but if it stays it is a nuclear deterent that we really don't need and is taking up money as it doesn't actually make anything for the country given that it is part of military spending. Now that is all at least real and is actually an argument with valid points on both sides ;).

'FireKnife'

The horse meat thing was DNA found - which is so trivial it's unreal.

You can eat pretty much anything if it's cooked well. The burgers taste like tasty things, I'm not bothered.

How many things have you seen on Facebook that have been shared and linked but are false or have absolutely no value? That PIN backwards alerting the police being a fine example.

How many things have you seen on Facebook that have been shared and linked but are false or have absolutely no value? That PIN backwards alerting the police being a fine example.

The PIN thing should be made a thing. Even if just as a (non nuclear ;) ) deterrent.

Why don't we need a nuclear deterrent?

Because either one we will never need to deploy it due to being allied to countires that have more than enough already and two no-one is ever going to use them as it would just cause a chain reaction that sees every country bar New Zealand get nuked in a multitude of retaliations. We don't need one but we do need the jobs and the opportunity to stop the like of the oil and gas companies trying to suck the Clyde dry in the mean time. So for now it is the better option, even if every time I go to Edinburgh there is some BS protest group going on about it, using it completely out of context.

As for PINs I am still quite alarmed with how readily people give them out, never mind the whole backwards thing.

And my rant for the day, being awoken at 6am by idiot bin-men (or sanitation and environment officers as they are probably called now by the council) and then sleeping in by 30mins when I need to get up. Why are they so loud and stupid, talking aloud about rubbish that no-one cares about and then not taking my cardborad bin away as some tard keeps putting non-card in it? Not my fault that it is stuck on a street as their is nowhere else for it as we now have to have 4 bins per household for waste and recycling with no-one having the space for it. Plus the black one is for card, not the thinner blue one, the large black one. You know that same shape and colour as every other 'general waste' bin in every other council area so what do they expect?

'FireKnife'

Ours won't take the card away if there's anything bigger than a cereal box in it. Instead they put a sticker on it saying its too big.

And we have "food waste bins" which are essentially a little bin with a lid which grows hairy green stuff in that the bin men never empty fully as stuff sticks in the bottom, and more often than not they'll just chuck it in your nice clean cardboard bin afterwards so it leaks rancid bin juice and requires you to clean it out if you keep it indoors.

I don't use the 'food waste bin' as they never actually come to empty them so why should I bother filling it?

I have now got to the point that when I want to recycle I combine it with a trip to Tesco, bung all the bottles, cans and such in my car and take it to the recycling point. It is not really out of my way as I need to go to Tesco for food but at least those bins get emptied sometimes, unlike the ones outside my flat :P.

I have a tag on my cardboard bin so I just took it off. Given that I live across the road from the actual sanitation department I am tempted to leave my bin outside the front gate, in the way of their vehicles going in and out, and then then see if they move it ;).

See, literally opposite, so opposite that there security light lights up my lounge area somewhat at night but goes off at 10pm sharp yet I am not allowed to visit them in office to talk about it:

Untitled_zps0e90a4f0.png

'FireKnife'

Save electricity and put your own front room lights on a timer to not come on before 10pm?

Why can't councils standardise colours of bins across countys? Missus' house has brown, green and black bins as does my old man's house. But brown is recycling and gree garden waste for Dad, but the other way round for her.

Save electricity and put your own front room lights on a timer to not come on before 10pm?

Why can't councils standardise colours of bins across countys? Missus' house has brown, green and black bins as does my old man's house. But brown is recycling and gree garden waste for Dad, but the other way round for her.

It is not that bright but enough for the earlier hours as the sun goes down.

That is like asking why aren't a lot of things the same. Councils either like to be individual, are idiots or love watching people squirm. Or all three.

'FireKnife'

Haha, that always happens though.

I want today to go quickly both so I can play with my new toy but also so then tomorrow can come and Super Smash Bros for 3DS will be in my hands (or a refund and then buy a copy from a shop if it doesn't arrive in time from Amazon).

'FireKnife'

Somehow everyone's having a *suitcase* day today. I had difficulty crawling out of bed, no less than ten of my friends and my friends' friends are bitching on social networks how bad their day is, and it's not even cloudy today!

Well, in my case it's the undeniable fact that I'm getting older tomorrow.

Archived