My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Bloody 5p coins is my irritation of the day.  You're lulled into a false sense of security as they're silver.  Obviously 1 and 2p coins get stuck in a pot/put in charity pots as they're pretty much disposable.  You'd think you can use 5p coins in machines.  I thought I would be clever and off load a bunch into a parking meter but they don't accept 5p coins.  So annoying. 

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5p coins go in a pot too. They're pointless.

On the subject of offloading coins: Tesco, the bastards, have put a coin slot over the coin chute on their self service machines. So now you cant take your change jar down there and dump it into the slot. You have to put the coins in one at a time. Obviously, they ended up with a surplus of low denomination coins and are trying to dissuade it from happening. 

5p coins go in a pot too. They're pointless.

On the subject of offloading coins: Tesco, the bastards, have put a coin slot over the coin chute on their self service machines. So now you cant take your change jar down there and dump it into the slot. You have to put the coins in one at a time. Obviously, they ended up with a surplus of low denomination coins and are trying to dissuade it from happening. 

I think it was more because just throwing coins in the chute ended up causing countless jams. It's a shame because I'd always pay for a couple of quid's worth of stuff with pennies and the like, rather than having a poor sod count it.

Being so broke I have to keep raiding my coin stores.

I think if your transaction on the self service till takes more than 45 seconds a sniper should shoot you directly in the head.

I would also ban coins, old people, stupid people, people with children and people with more than one bag of groceries.

My mate from work literally walked away from me in Asda last week when I loudly declared "just go and use a normal till you absolute *fruitcage* shambles" to a retard that had required 4 separate staff interventions to complete his transaction.

If I don't tell them, who will?

Who?

I just use them to annoy people sometimes on days off.

Scan one item, put another in the bag by 'mistake' so it makes the noises. As much as I would never steal from a supermarket (*suitcase* must be bad in order to steal a 99p pack of mixed salad peppers) it amazes me how often they don't bother to check and just pass it with a code.

Though I only annoy the people that are pushing past, invading my personal space and don't seem to notice that three checkouts are open as they can't look past the other three in front of them. Best way to deal with idiots, make the most of it.

I must admit though the biggest issue is that not only are stupid people allowed to use them but when they have one staff member for 15 tills you know it is a bad idea. Watching them shamble between till, swipe, code, try not to hit head on hanging sign that offers 'Pepsi, buy one get one free'.

'FireKnife'

More than once something hasn't read a BOGOF or something and the machine has flashed and made you look like an *albartroth*.

They come over, press a few buttons and enter an easy to remember code. All too easy to remember - next time it flashes, and it will, just type in the code yourself and you're good to go.

For interest, Tesco Trowbridge's code is 1235

Shop online for big shops. 3 quid delivery is cheaper than I can drive there for and spend half an hour picking it all.

A couple of items? I take them to the fag kiosk as there's usually no queue there.

I *fruitcage* hate supermarkets.

I also want to go shopping with stunt.

Shop online for big shops. 3 quid delivery is cheaper than I can drive there for and spend half an hour picking it all.

Tesco will deliver for £1.

Me and the gf both have bikes, not a car so this is perfect.

We almost never have to go fight through the masses of morons that bimble about the store like they don't have anything better to do and we never have to avoid the inevitable rampant children running about. 

I just go at odd hours when there are less people around. Still stuff on the shelves as that is when they re-fill the shelves in the late hours and such.

That or I go when it is busy and just make an adventure out of it :P.

Also turns out I am surrounded by idiots at work that believe the potential for aliens to have helped with the building of the pyramids. Yes, I am being serious, they think there is some grain of truth in Ancient Aliens or whatever that bloody stupid show is called <_<.

'FireKnife'

Seriously, the best bit was the comment about how 'oh you clearly are taking a very closed look at it'.

No I am taking a factual and intelligent look at it, the likelihood that the pyramids were bult by a mass of workers and contractors is much more believable than aliens.

Then again there does seem to be a general level of stupidity at my work from some people that makes me laugh. When I pointed out that the Bible is a work of fiction (as in saying it is fiction, not just 'it's a load of bull-*suitcase*') they also told me that was a very close minded way to view things? Do these people even understand what fiction is?

Idiots, idiots everywhere and sadly they are allowed to breed <_<.

'FireKnife'

The chance of it being aliens is there, but its incredibly remote.

Unless it's in Cardiff.

Also, I'm ###### off by the idiots down the street. They're blocking the extension of the new subway line because, boo hiss, the excavators would have to tear up their backyard... That, go figure, is right next to the *fruitcage* street, and they don't even use it apart from some shrubbery planted along the fence and renting some space for an advertising company's billboard. That same advertising company owns what probably is the largest daily newspaper, so the unscrupulous *Ubarflock* used the dumb *suitcases* to fabricate a scandal, with a front page article and all. With the truth being that the construction of an underground maintenance station will have them forced to remove at least six advertising billboards for at least two years, and so they'll lose at least a seven-figure sum. Also, the dumb *suitcases* will have their backyard wrecked, but I doubt that a six-lane avenue with lots of traffic is healthy for the plants anyway.

I swear, I want to water that shrubbery with massive amounts of bleach. *fruitcage* those idiots AND their *fruitcage* shrubbery. That and they most probably stink of elderberries, old cheese and Frenchmen.

Archived