My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

More than once something hasn't read a BOGOF or something and the machine has flashed and made you look like an *albartroth*.

They come over, press a few buttons and enter an easy to remember code. All too easy to remember - next time it flashes, and it will, just type in the code yourself and you're good to go.

For interest, Tesco Trowbridge's code is 1235

That is the individual assistants personal number mate it will ask for the password

The scales never work properly because little kids climb all over them press buttons wildly and when anything is said your made to feel like a cock by manager's* & Useless parents who see Tesco as a giant Park...

*Apart from the Store Manager & those of us who have had to work when it's busy none of them understand how hard it gets.

Oh and the the SS Tills are supposed to be Manned by 2 at all times aswell as the Scan as you shop Tills which never are due to managerial ignorance and utter incompetence.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chance of it being aliens is there, but its incredibly remote.

I will admit I am open to believe that in the future we may encounter aliens either due to our own exploration or theirs but in regards to the whole 'Ancient Aliens' thing it throws up too many questions to which the answers prove that it is either not true or a billion to one shot that it is even correct. To me it is like saying that anything and everything is simply aliens and not an example of human achievement, almost like saying that people in the past were all stupid and needed some alien being to show them what to do. Personally I am on the side that humans have always been an innovative species since day one and we always will be, not from outside influence but simple desire to see something happen.

But eh, you have people that still believe in Scientology and the more worrying parts of the various other holy books along with misconceptions that people thought the world was flat so clearly for each innovation we have, we still had idiots to go with them. Suppose you had to have someone to put the uppermost stones on the pyramids at the instructions of the more intelligent human designer?

'FireKnife'

I dont think its that far fetched, t many civilisations have peeked in technology millenia ahead of their time and then poof its all gone and lost andd no one knows how it was done.....  I mean egyptians had star charts.... theres a valley of the giants in turkey where the building blocks weigh 500 metric tons.... btw we cant even lift that now so I think as far out as it may be it is plausible 

I have a similar issue with Microsoft Excel - someone will set up a nice database with stars and sparkles and they'll leave the job.

Noone seems to know how it works, who made it, how it got there and if you try and edit it the entire thing implodes.

Obviously a minor level of the stuff, but it could relate to pyramids.

So, the batman vs superman film wormed its way (with lots of cash exchanged) into an art museum on campus that is right where all my classes are held.  Basically one portion of the commuter lot (miles away) has been reserved for the film crew, which means the rest of the lots are crowded to hell. and the street that students have to cross normally to get to the main building I go to is closed down, with "security" folks everywhere that act as though they have been doped up, yelling and threatening as soon as anyone comes near the poor excuses for barricades.

I'm sorry, but I don't give a *fruitcage* about that film, just let me cross the street to get to my class that I paid for.

But it was still made by someone that must have worked there.

Human achievement is clearly greater than we give it credit for, not sure what reasons people would have but I can well believe that humans have achieved some great things and perhaps with the help of time and the elements but not aliens.

Just as an example water and wind erosion can have a great effect in a few thousand years, perhaps the things that fascinate us now are because we are seeing it now. Perhaps back then the land was easier to work or the original parts of things were slowly made piece by piece and the progres of time has seen them mould into one to look like a single giant statue or building. I just feel that saying 'aliens' is like using a typical catch all answer for something when in reality it is just humans doing something great that has stood to defy our modern thinking as we think that we are so technologically advanced nowadays that it can't possibly have been done back then but in reality it could.

Maybe I just have too much faith in the potential of humanity, even if we do have things like the BNP, celebrities and the modern social networking culture. :P

'FireKnife'

Oh like religion is a way of explaining things you don't understand and keeping a populace in check with threats of a higher power?

Then we got this whole science thing and a robust legal system.

Remember that our society is soon to be run by adults that weren't punished as children and recieved medals for participation..

Eh I am confused, are you saying science and legal system are bad as they are the by products of religion?

But organised religions which prey on the gullible are stupid in my opinion for what small good they do is offset by the problems they cause.

However I agree on society having the potential to be run by adults that were babied as a child. It doesn't help but hopefully that potential turns out to be smaller than we think?

'FireKnife'

Yeah if that happened I would go live in a country that was a bit less moronic, hell even some parts of the Deep South would be better :P.

Though I did get a laugh when someone thought I was a UKIP supporter because I did airsoft and apparently 'they like guns and stuff don't they?'.

Shows just how ill educated people really are, assuming that one that is even in the same league and two that a persons political belief is always based purely on the most non-political of things. Just because a party group 'likes' something doesn't mean I am going to support them. Crazy, crazy people.

'FireKnife'

True, I do bet some of these things that we view as wonders of the older ages past are just determination through religion to appease gods that we now know didn't really exist. But that detrmination maybe them try and it did build some very interesting things.

I am all for the idea that we are not alone in this vast, infinite number of universes but I think no matter what way you spin it for aliens to appear in a simple fixed point in our time, to one specific series of events and leave without trace just doesn't seem that plausible, you would have had clever people then in the same way you have clever people now, there inquisitve nature and language would have given us something surely.

'FireKnife'

Just as an example water and wind erosion can have a great effect in a few thousand years, perhaps the things that fascinate us now are because we are seeing it now. 

Jut a thought but several hundred after the Egyptians had built the specticals that we see mere glimpses of today, the English built Stone Henge. Now I dont know if you've seen either but let me say that on comparison the Eyptians so shouldve come to England for engineering advice as pyramids pffffft hhave you seen how the English could stack wonky rocks................... 

Far from it, i'm saying religion was the cop-out for not having a structured legal system and science.

Religion was the legal system throughout history and lets be honest, take a look around you dude its not changed one bit as civilised as we may have become

Shop online for big shops. 3 quid delivery is cheaper than I can drive there for and spend half an hour picking it all.

A couple of items? I take them to the fag kiosk as there's usually no queue there.

I *fruitcage* hate supermarkets.

I also want to go shopping with stunt.

Tesco will deliver for £1.

Me and the gf both have bikes, not a car so this is perfect.

We almost never have to go fight through the masses of morons that bimble about the store like they don't have anything better to do and we never have to avoid the inevitable rampant children running about. 

All that means is that the only people who actually go into the shops now are the ones too stupid to use the internet.

I'm sure we are all aware how stupid it is possible to be on the internet.

Jut a thought but several hundred after the Egyptians had built the specticals that we see mere glimpses of today, the English built Stone Henge. Now I dont know if you've seen either but let me say that on comparison the Eyptians so shouldve come to England for engineering advice as pyramids pffffft hhave you seen how the English could stack wonky rocks................... 

Religion was the legal system throughout history and lets be honest, take a look around you dude its not changed one bit as civilised as we may have become

I have seen Stone Henge and it is a bit underwhelming compared to other things. Though the likelyhood is that the Henge was simply a place of worship and so it didn't get the same attention as the Egyptian kings personal places of rest in the afterlife :P. Still both examples of good human triumph.

As for the second part well not really. Yes you have the basic concepts of the Commandments but many of them are common sense. The Greeks and Romans existed before the days of the Bible and both had fully functioning legal systems based on the simple rights of the common person and what they should be entitled to. It is only due to the days of religious persecution in the name of organised religion that we have these ideas that laws are based on religious texts as in a sense they were.

Plus also they were clearly under interpretation. They Bible may have taught 'thou shalt not kill' but I don't recall the extra bit that said 'unless you are an English knight in the service of your King, sacking the homes of the filthy foriegners' ;). We have a justice system based on the ideas of intelligent people that sought to protect their rights which one day go buggered into the corruptable mess we have now, the Bible or any religious text had nothing to do with that.

'FireKnife'

I dont think its that far fetched, t many civilisations have peeked in technology millenia ahead of their time and then poof its all gone and lost andd no one knows how it was done.....  I mean egyptians had star charts.... theres a valley of the giants in turkey where the building blocks weigh 500 metric tons.... btw we cant even lift that now so I think as far out as it may be it is plausible 

Slaves. Many many many hundreds of thousands of slaves.

True, I do bet some of these things that we view as wonders of the older ages past are just determination through religion to appease gods that we now know didn't really exist. But that detrmination maybe them try and it did build some very interesting things.

I am all for the idea that we are not alone in this vast, infinite number of universes but I think no matter what way you spin it for aliens to appear in a simple fixed point in our time, to one specific series of events and leave without trace just doesn't seem that plausible, you would have had clever people then in the same way you have clever people now, there inquisitve nature and language would have given us something surely.

'FireKnife'

Oh, is there definitive proof that God/ Gods don't/Didn't exist? Must've been overshadowed by who's on celebrity strictly come dine with ice brother. ;)

I have seen Stone Henge and it is a bit underwhelming compared to other things. Though the likelyhood is that the Henge was simply a place of worship and so it didn't get the same attention as the Egyptian kings personal places of rest in the afterlife :P. Still both examples of good human triumph.

As for the second part well not really. Yes you have the basic concepts of the Commandments but many of them are common sense. The Greeks and Romans existed before the days of the Bible and both had fully functioning legal systems based on the simple rights of the common person and what they should be entitled to. It is only due to the days of religious persecution in the name of organised religion that we have these ideas that laws are based on religious texts as in a sense they were.

Plus also they were clearly under interpretation. They Bible may have taught 'thou shalt not kill' but I don't recall the extra bit that said 'unless you are an English knight in the service of your King, sacking the homes of the filthy foriegners' ;). We have a justice system based on the ideas of intelligent people that sought to protect their rights which one day go buggered into the corruptable mess we have now, the Bible or any religious text had nothing to do with that.

'FireKnife'

'Thou shalt not kill' is pretty much accepted nowadays to mean 'murder' as opposed to killing. 

Slaves. Many many many hundreds of thousands of slaves.

Oh, is there definitive proof that God/ Gods don't/Didn't exist? Must've been overshadowed by who's on celebrity strictly come dine with ice brother. ;)

'Thou shalt not kill' is pretty much accepted nowadays to mean 'murder' as opposed to killing. 

Actually pyramids was more likely to be paid workers and contractors, though many do still argue the possibility of both slaves and religious / conquested prisoners.

You could argue the proof that God does or doesn't exist until you are blue in the face but let me pose another point, first you have to give a strict definition of something to prove it's existence, like a citation, and as God is many things to many people you can't define him as one thing. The existence of 'God' as detailed in various forms is not possible, the idea of a potential force within the universe that is misrepresented as 'God' is possible but then by that logic you could argue that gravity is part of 'God' and then it just goes on from there. God as written in the Bible is fiction, the idea is fiction it has just been around long enough at the right time to still be instilled in the minds of many people that can always find a way to argue over blind faith.

As for killing and murder that is interpretation, however the Bible has many, many contradictions and many other ways in which it's teachings have been misused. As a work of fiction it has lead to probably more murders than politics or the boundaries of countries ever could, yet one of the great core principles is that killing is wrong but many murders and killings have been made in it's name along. Perhaps though given that 'thou shalt not kill' is sixth while 'thou shalt have no other gods before me' perhaps that means six is ok if it justifies the upholding of one? I still see it as a self-contradicting book that has been taken out of hand throughout history (like every main religious text by various people) and as such I will always think it is without any really merit at all.

But hey, belief is belief and people are entitled to theirs, so long as it doesn't inflict on the lives of others I say people are welcome to think the world is all controlled by a puppet master like figure in the clouds, doesn't mean I can't have my belief that they are insane :D.

'FireKnife'

Actually pyramids was more likely to be paid workers and contractors, though many do still argue the possibility of both slaves and religious / conquested prisoners.

You could argue the proof that God does or doesn't exist until you are blue in the face but let me pose another point, first you have to give a strict definition of something to prove it's existence, like a citation, and as God is many things to many people you can't define him as one thing. The existence of 'God' as detailed in various forms is not possible, the idea of a potential force within the universe that is misrepresented as 'God' is possible but then by that logic you could argue that gravity is part of 'God' and then it just goes on from there. God as written in the Bible is fiction, the idea is fiction it has just been around long enough at the right time to still be instilled in the minds of many people that can always find a way to argue over blind faith.

As for killing and murder that is interpretation, however the Bible has many, many contradictions and many other ways in which it's teachings have been misused. As a work of fiction it has lead to probably more murders than politics or the boundaries of countries ever could, yet one of the great core principles is that killing is wrong but many murders and killings have been made in it's name along. Perhaps though given that 'thou shalt not kill' is sixth while 'thou shalt have no other gods before me' perhaps that means six is ok if it justifies the upholding of one? I still see it as a self-contradicting book that has been taken out of hand throughout history (like every main religious text by various people) and as such I will always think it is without any really merit at all.

But hey, belief is belief and people are entitled to theirs, so long as it doesn't inflict on the lives of others I say people are welcome to think the world is all controlled by a puppet master like figure in the clouds, doesn't mean I can't have my belief that they are insane :D.

'FireKnife'

Him?

*puts down stirring spoon*

I always like how people who don't believe in a 'God' tend to go on and on about it. And on. And on. And on. That damned energizer bunny is back isn't he?

Though, this is my small gripe with the people who believe in a Christian God. The Devil. Most of them don't believe in the Devil. I always say 'isn't that his biggest trick', which normally gets me a look. Now, that is a small handful of people mind. Not a representative of the whole group.

Today's Rant: people who think it's fine to have a baby in a push chair but not have the safety belt/harness on. Baby can get out at will, which leads to said parent going 'what did you do that for?'.

Hmmmm God being a him huh....

Try this religous but scientific approach. The bible tells us that god mude us all in his imgae yes? Yes. Now given we all look different thats kind've hard HOWEVER there is a point at which we are all the same which is the early points of gestation.

So lets look at that....

For the early stages we are all created female, it requires the right chromozone at the right time to mke a guy so, we're all created female.
Now add that white is a mutation in skin pigmentation, fundimentally we are all black.

So to sum up if god made us all in his image then it is a very likely realism that god is a black female!! God shall be hereon be known as 'she' or 'her' hahaha!

Sure the feminist community will love that <_<  but am soooooo not getting into the feminist conversation.......

Archived