My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Bravado and bad decisions.

Ended up eating a jalapeño hot dog covered in ghost chilli sauce.

Dessert was necessary just to get some ice cream an my lips.

Was it the devil dog? Guy at work kept banging on about it. It was tasty but not as hot as he was claiming. But then I did go through a phase of buying the hottest sauces I could.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it the devil dog? Guy at work kept banging on about it. It was tasty but not as hot as he was claiming. But then I did go through a phase of buying the hottest sauces I could.

That's the sucker.

I think I'd have been alright if it wasn't dripping with the sauce to the extent it got on my lips. That's where the pain was.

A bit of rain falls and everyone in the *fruitcage* city forgets how to drive. Then I'm stuck in traffic with a terrifying urge to take a dump. And when I finally reach my workplace, both of the idiotically slow elevators are around the sixth floor. Only by some miracle I managed to make it to the loo.

And now I feel under the weather, either it's food poisoning or I again caught something.

100 mph winds, literally on the coast with one foot in sand, the other in a gorse bush.

Smock hood rolled down, beret on head for.. professionalism. Rain is sidesways coming off the surf. Icey cold.

I'm watching 20 soldiers of mixed capbadges (employed well out of trade doing infantry stuff so i'll let them off) try and conduct a section attack on a lone position. Airsofters have better skills and drills than this bunch.

That was yesterday on a Basic Close Combat Skills exercise. Today, back to the office for mid week emails. Tomorrow, hopefully three Sgts and two SSgts have beasted the afforementioned crows into a fighting force. May the Queen watch over them.

Just got my flat inspection report.

Holy *fruitcage* are they a bunch of picky sods. I went through and cleaned everything on the weekend bar the bits I can't really get at (such as the exterior of the windows which only slant forwards) and they still put it down as 'fair' and one or two 'good'. What the hell do they expect me to do? Plus they don't really give any comments bar 'bath needs a clean', *fruitcage* off I spent a whole hour with a variety of shower and bath sprays and a drain declogging fluid that stank and got it as good as any human being could but no it is 'fair'. <_<

'FireKnife'

Nope, they gave me a full inventory down to the number of spoons and what size they are with full pictures and dates.

I even had to ask permission to put up a temporary shower curtain rail (one of those twist to extend one) and curtain as the glass deflector was not good enough at keeping spray in.

It was probably the used condoms, grot mags and... 'Fluid stains' that put them off a bit.

You're eyes are immune to them...

:P

Hey, I even hid my lube and condoms back in the bathroom cabinet rather than on the bedside shelf were they are most useful but kinda obvious :P.

I even hid my airsoft stuff out the way and placed the target box out the way, didn't want them having a stupid field day with that either.

They are very thorough and very anal about it all (and not in the good way, the woman that did my inspection was kinda alright ;)).

'FireKnife'

Well that's something I suppose.  A lot of people get shafted at the end of their tenancy as they were not provided with an inventory so they aren't 100% what there, what was clean e.t.c.

Just make sure it's left in the same condition or better when it comes to the end of the tenancy and you can't go wrong.  It's a good idea to go through every single point however time consuming prior to checkout as there are often things you forget to clean e.t.c. Tops of door frames, doors with relief panels, window frames, the edges of glazing where that black residue builds up.

Make sure you make you landlord/agent aware of anything and everything that could be a possible issue, in writing, so e-mail is easiest as phone calls tend to get forgotten about.  And get permission when adding stuff like mirrors and things, again, in writing.

Check outs should be done with the same level of scrutiny as check ins but they aren't always so you should always run through your inventory to see if it's accurate. And you may think these people are being ridiculous, but at the end of the day they get *suitcase* from the landlord/next tenants if they are particularly pedantic so are just covering themselves. I do think it's bit much to be so thorough on a property visit though.

And if there is an issue at the end of the tenancy, there is always the dispute resolution service that lots of agents/landlords can't be bothered to deal with so you'll probably get away with it unless it's a seriously massive thing.  Just because it's down on paper doesn't mean it's set in stone.

Theres a clause in british law to cover tenants and the wear on properties they rent, its literally known as the 'wear and tear ruling'. Basically it acknowledges that things wear, carpets, curtains, kitchen unit tops, baths and pretty much everything inside the house. It was put together and largely pushed out to the masses, so I understand, with the creation of the Government DPC scheme to stop landlords and agents *fruitcage* over tenants to repair things that are not immortal and to accept that wear and tear is a state for all items such as the 6 year (Ithink its 6 year) lifespan of carpets thus att this time or closer you cannot charge a tennant to replace/repair carpet that is worn.

Hope thats of some help atleast

Ok, this is more a 'is it just me' moment and does relate somewhat to airsoft and other hobbies but my best example is airsoft.

Now I am a person that adores the 'play it your way guys' method of doing a hobby, as in have fun, play how you like to play and let others join in and have their fun too.

So what really annoys me is the people that spend many a game in airsoft (or something else) hurling comments about 'move up to here', 'you're a *fruitcage*-ing *beep* (when you don't move up to get shot)', if your not gonna move then *fruitcage* off out the way' and some other even more choice comments. Now is it just me or is that really just stupid? People have come along to play how they want and follow the rules the same as you so if they want to take it slow and play at their own pace what is wrong with that. By all means make a joke of it and be light hearted about it by saying things like 'haha saw you lot of in the distance when I was up in the enemy base' and laugh about it together.

So really my point is am I the only one or are these people just ignorant and being stupid when they should just let others have their fun too. If a person doesn't want to move up and someone is shouting at them to do so why doesn't that person shouting move instead is usually my way of looking at it. I will say this though, I am all for team work but team work that encourges rather than belittles others for playing and making something excellent happen.

I don't know, maybe I have just seen it too much at select sites and would love to run a site one day and simply rule that anyone using language and constantly shouting at others to move or 'take your hits' will be talked to and if they continue removed from a game mostly to see if it would improve the general atmosphere somewhat. Again perhaps it is me but why do people have to behave like that, it beggars belief.

Or maybe I am insane. :P

'FireKnife'

Indeed.  A fair amount of wear and tear is allowed at the end of the tenancy, taking into consideration the duration of tenancy, whether there were young children in the property e.t.c. There are calculations for carpets e.t.c. but they'll generally left until threadbare/heavily stained or burnt.

Words about stuff

I saw a guy at a site once. You all know the type: Spent as much as was possible on every item worn and carried and acting like that made him Lord Commander of the whole site. After a lot of shouting from him, I got closer and could hear what he was saying and I actually heard him use the phrase "You there, pay attention when I give you an order!" while pointing at a lad that was already engaging (and holding off) enemies from 2 directions. All this while stood on a balcony out of the line of fire.

Usually I find those people get shot, a lot, be their own team :P.

However it does make me laugh that this all seems to happen at two specific sites (well one is two sites owned by the same guys) that are half decent indoor sites. Maybe it says something about indoor players? :D

'FireKnife'

I had a feeling it was FIBUA due to the balcony, don't know why just felt right :P.

Though saying that I have a game at one of said sites as bar said people it is still kinda fun. Might just have to buy that Breacher, stupid money, I don't need you.

'FireKnife'

Upper Heyford?

Never got to go :(

Yeah man. Incidents like that were a rarity.

Jamie ran a good game at that place. I am genuinely sad that we couldn't have gotten an arnies get together going there. It was the perfect blend of indoor and outdoor.

My annoyance for today is phone etiquette.  'Hello.  Is Mr. Hitman there?'  Not, 'Hi, This is X calling from X.  Is Mr.  Hitman there.  I now just say, 'no he's not.  Can I take a message?'  9/10 no message is left and I don't hear back.

My annoyance for today is phone etiquette.  'Hello.  Is Mr. Hitman there?'  Not, 'Hi, This is X calling from X.  Is Mr.  Hitman there.  I now just say, 'no he's not.  Can I take a message?'  9/10 no message is left and I don't hear back.

This.

*fruitcage*s me off something chronic when they say "hi, can I speak to 'first name' please?"

No courtesy whatsoever, and they get told that before I end the call.

Archived