My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I avoid trains now as a matter of principle.

If we exclude the disabled, the young, the child carrying and the old I view having a personal mode of transport (car) as my own little treat for actually bothering to go to work and earn a wage. I leave the buses / trains to those that haven't seen fit to do so and only use them in emergencies to get to places when my car isn't working.

And before anyone asks 'what if their were no buses / trains and your car doesn't work' then I would either get a lift from one of the people that go past my road and reimburse them or walk or even cycle, it is not that far (power walk gets me there in 35-40mins) and I do walk to work sometimes for the exercise.

To me the cost, people that use them and lack of options are why I don't use trains. The same goes for buses but there are at least more of those. If only they didn't have morons driving many of them (particularly inner town / city ones). I know everyone keeps telling me to use public transport but I don't live in bloody London, it is still *suitcase* and little care is put into it. Still makes me laugh that Britain was a pioneer of modern train commuting yet we have the worst train service record in all of Western Europe and almost all of the modernised world.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I think that due to the decline and expansion of media we all just know the stupid thoughts of these people now.

Before you would have just had grumblings about how much of a 'waste of time' that it was, now there are more and more opportunities for stupid people to have a voice.

Still so long as the intelligent can see past it and realise the potential of this idea the stupid can moan all they wan't. No-one but other stupid people are going to believe them and often they are thankfully not the ones truly in charge.

'FireKnife'

Woke up panicked, curled into a ball and tightly hugging a rolled-up blanket.
And people say that Mondays are awful.

Also, from the "things man was not meant to know" department, it turns out that there are still East German prison guard peaked caps available in my size. €41 shipped. Which makes me also consider sourcing an uniform, which I was eyeing for some time (useful since it's a Black Uniform of Evil, being a knockoff of Hugo Boss Schutzstaffel collection and all) - that's €62 if I got my maths right (twenty for jacket, twenty for pants, around six for minor gubbins and sixteen for p&p). I accidentally flooded the neighbor downstairs back in July, but I got no info regarding the damage costs yet, so I don't know how much do I have to pony up for that. I also want a DSLR that I'll have to learn how to use. Sure, I have around 200 quid in disposable funds right now, but knowing my *suitcasey* luck, I'll spend in on one thing and two others will come a'knockin' on the next day.

Sometimes I wonder why I bothered studying history.  It is generally a depressing subject, and it is a field where one constantly has to listen to folks go yammering that what one says "is not true!" and then go on about how ignorant I must be on the subject.

History will never really change it's course - someone will always want more slice of the pie.

Rather than sit and take being called an ignoramus hit them back with constructive critisism. However, there is psychological backing to self-affirmation and cultural cognition which essentially means you'll cling to your own beliefs. This makes people incredibly hard to disuade from their opinion and onto your own. (Also why teaching is effective at a young age as neither self-affirmation and cultural cognition have set in yet)

People in general.

All line up to meet someone this evening. Que waking up at 8.00am as usual and oh look a text 'sorry can't make it for I forgot am <insert valid enough excuse here>'.

*fruitcage* me have I had enough of people doing this, why offer to meet someone without checking if you have a prior engagement you already agreed to? It just baffles me.

Ah well means I shall just go look for someone else, been having enough of excuses from people now that I might just say first chance is the only chance as why should I waste my time on such people?

'FireKnife'

My Morning rant in drivers who *fruitcage* about at roundabouts.

Roundabouts are there to keep the traffic moving. If you stop at a roundabout when there is clearly nothing coming, you should immediately report to the nearest butchers shop and stick your head in the mincer.

Actually roundabouts are a cheap way to stem traffic flow rather than encourage it in residetial areas. Except those massive signalled ones :P.

However agreed on people that about at them. Why they do it I don't know. I can get it when there is the usual drivers that never indicate or go the wrong way and people stop but when it is clear just keep going, if something comes up behind you keep going as the speed and momentum from not slowing down will allow you to clear the roundabout fine enough anyway.

As for my problem I might just hire a hooker, at least they are reliable. Had enough of trying to 'meet' people, get about one in a thousand chance of interest and then low and behold they are just mad / boring / too strange or all of the above.

Too bad that the only girl I could have stuck it out with is living in France, will have to see what happens when she gets back after Christmas....

'FireKnife'

What car/bike are you driving these days?

I'll be extra careful to stop when I see one.

Kwak, ER5, in Candy lightning blue. You'd be hard pressed to miss me, I'd be the one with profanities leaking out of my helmet. :P

Also, if I wasn't right, they wouldn't fault you for it on a test. Except I call it *fruitcage* about, while they call it "undue hesitation" ;)

Cost per year is probably cheaper with multiple hookers than a relationship.

When will this damned feminism kick off and 50% bills become reality?

I have an algorithm that a person clearly smarter than me made up to break down a night out to get a drunk girl or a night in with a hooker. Turns out not only is it cheaper, easier and leads to no standing outside in the cold for hours on end but it is also a guarentee rather than a chance. And really when you think about it, isn't paying for drinks to get a girl drunk to have sex with her any worse than paying outright for it from a professional?

Knowing my luck though in about a week or two I will have found some other dirty young thing, got to know her, had some good times and then it all goes wrong. Seems to be a weird cycle I get stuck in :P.

Eh such is life.

'FireKnife'

Maybe if you hung around churches picking up borderline saints and corrupted them they'd be more keen to stay?

Why repeat failure!

Yeah, I find that many of the girls round here that are that way is due to the fact they don't have the qualities to meet people in the first place, not good. Hell if I could I would have some sort of 'saint to slut' setup, corrupt them and then let them out into the wider world but alas that ain't gonna happen.

I do like repeating failure, it works fine enough for me now, even though I complain about it. Though it does remind me of a 'joke' (loosest sense of the word) from Two and a Half Men: 'knowing what you know now would you have done things any differently?' 'no I would have just done it a few more times'.

Plus with a hooker its pretty much contractual. None of this post event withdrawing consent tosh.

Very true, you have paid, they have done what you paid for. Done. No having them roll over and say they love you or that you are scaring them or they have a boyfriend that is in jail (all three have happened to me).

But then oddly enough I don't know where would be best to pick one up, plus it may as well be a nice Eastern European girl, probably cheaper and likely to be better looking.

'FireKnife'

Also I need a more 'me' mug.

I'm rocking a Dalek mug at work. Nobody steals it as they know death would shortly follow.

Must have been Death Wish ha ha.

I like coffee, but that stuff had me feeling like I was on drugs.

It's in a powder blue tin marked 'coffee'.

I like that. "its coffee, that's all I know or care about.

Archived