My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I know what you mean, the cost is what's kept me from learning (both the price of lessons and the car, insurance etc). When I was at uni I looked into getting a little 1 litre Fiesta to learn in. The AA wanted over £900 for 3rd party only and the real kicker was that they wouldn't take a monthly direct debit. Yeah because the average student can pull almost a grand out of their *albartroth*

3rd party is usually more expensive than fully comp now from what in led to believe :)

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was about to say, for first years insurance at £900 i'd have literally bitten their hands off.

my first years insurance, TPFT on a 1.8 diesel non turbo, £200 Pug 205 was £1800. Second year was £1500. Went down to about £1100 for my third year on a 2.0 TDCI Ford Mondeo (130bhp, was a nice jump!) and has kept going down since then.

Current quotes are at £350-ish for fully comp on my 1.8, supercharged vw corrado. Zing :D

That can't be Manflu, it must be Manthrax or Hebola.

ah, but I have had pneumonia several times as well as pleurisy (which nearly killed me at age 16) so whenever I get a cold, it's 50/50 whether it lasts a couple of days or wipes me out for weeks. this time it was the latter.

Darkchild

ah, but I have had pneumonia several times as well as pleurisy (which nearly killed me at age 16) so whenever I get a cold, it's 50/50 whether it lasts a couple of days or wipes me out for weeks. this time it was the latter.

Darkchild

*ahem*

Pneu-man-ia

I've had that, it sucked - but - the hospital had an N64 with Goldeneye.  Best near death experience ever.

I was looking at E46 M3s a few months ago and I randomly got an e-mail quote today for £505. Not bad.

I remember looking at 540i's a couple of years ago and got quotes of only a couple of hundred. Be embers seem cheaper to insure than you think :)

Edit, beemers...

Indeed.  When we're talking M3s, 540is,745is, it's not insurance but whether you can afford the fuel or not.

I had a jeep Cherokee that sometimes dropped to 6mpg. A Beemer is like a hybrid in comparison :P

Work has now banned Arnies due to it being about 'weapons'.

Stupid new mutant overlords American company that took us over.

Now I actually have to find other ways to waste time at work, it's not easy.

'FireKnife'

YOURE BACK!!

How was the scrub down?

YOURE BACK!!

How was the scrub down?

I am not legally allowed to divulge such information to the public.

And yes I am back as and when I can get on here due to work and other evening commitments (which at the moment are only 10% lady based, damn it).

'FireKnife'

and 90% man based :P

If 'trumpet polishing' counts as man based (was on me, a man after all) then yeah 90% is about right ;).

Fireknife, you could just try to get shifted to the Belgium office, though I suppose the one girl there got replaced by the American overlords already (seriously, I am sorry your company is now under American "guidance").

I could but then I would have to shift to Belgium. That would mean no VCRA but also no Central Belt of Scottie-Land, not a great compromise for me.

As for said girl, it is amazing what you can learn from someone when you have Lync / Skype and are both bored at work. If I was there I might get a drunken shag from her and some regrets on her part after, saying that she isn't the only hot twenty-something in the Belgian office.

'FireKnife'

I swear, having seen so much of airsoft videos from Scotland and the rest of the UK, I sort of think I could deal with VCRA (as rotten that it is) in exchange for the sort of play you folks get (though that is a just a slim grasp of it).

I just saw an infomercial (due to sister and brother-in-law watching game shows) for something called "Jeggings".  Apparently now I will not be able to tell if a girl is wearing jeans or leggings.  Naturally I blame my country for this monstrosity.

Aren't 'jeggings' just those opaque tights like things that some girls think is ok to wear with nothing to cover them, so they look like a slut?

Either way big girls and those things so don't mix.

Also airsoft in the UK is an odd duck. Some places are relaxed, others not but we all do seem to play, for the most part, closer games than those in say the US as we often have less space to play around with. Saying that I have yet to visit every single site near me but I am sure I will have by this time next year.

'FireKnife'

Archived