My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what upsets me more than heavy rain when I'm getting on the bike to go to work?

Heavy rain which abruptly stops as soon as I get to work.

Typically my motorcycle commuting gear failed last month just when I really need it.So I had to send it back for warranty , which is fine , no big deal.

Until today when all that rain got dumped on me.ugh :(

Also dealing with customers who are fully grown adults (I presume! who knows!) that act like children when they don't get their own way.

Oh and pot holes the size of a car/bike wheel. 

Typically my motorcycle commuting gear failed last month just when I really need it.So I had to send it back for warranty , which is fine , no big deal.

Until today when all that rain got dumped on me.ugh :(

Also dealing with customers who are fully grown adults (I presume! who knows!) that act like children when they don't get their own way.

Oh and pot holes the size of a car/bike wheel. 

I have been at my desk since 8:30, and my cock is still wet from the absolute soaking I got.

I may have to keep a spare set of dry clothes in my bag. 

Really?

Talk about going for the low hanging fruit with that joke.

Some of us can only reach the low hanging fruit. Others just like the taste...............................weirdos.

As for me, erm, not getting 'naughty fun time' on Friday night but getting it on Sunday instead? That is really about all that is bad in my life at the moment.

'FireKnife'

So, I've got car problems. Again.

Got an '06 focus 2 litre tdci. Had a new alternator and battery recently, and since then have had an intermittent emission warning light come on, but no issues.

Driving home last night I felt a loss of power, and have decided that it's the turbo not kicking in - it drives like a non turbo car, still accelerates, but there's not the punch of the turbo kicking in. Tried pootling around and also hard revving.

This morning I took it out again, and the turbo kicked in maybe twice on a half hour drive, and emission light is on constantly now.

I'm borrowing a diagnostic reader tonight to have a look, but does anyone have an idea?

Reading around, it could be a sticky EGR, Maybe a MAF sensor, DPF, or possibly a blocked oil feed to the turbo. Does that sound right?

Edit, it's done 72k.

Thanks in advance :)

Hardcore, that's very helpful :P

Scorch, I know. I could strip the bugger to pieces, no problem, but electrical? It's *suitcase*.

Narrowed it down to warning light on = no turbo.

Light off = turbo kicks in.

Once again, I hate cars.

Egr valve faults usually result in a flat spot , similar to turbo lag and then a cloud of exhaust smoke as you floor it to get past the flat spot . . Turbo failure usually ( but not always ) results in white smoke from the tailpipe ,

I run a cmax tdci as my family run around and have had both problems in the past

Any idea what would be the cause of a Focus headlights continually blowing?  My dad has had the bulbs go in his car go a bunch of times in the past few months.  Mechanic looked at it and couldn't find the issue.  Looks like it will have to go into Ford to diagnose.  Probably be extortionate.

The turbo hasn't failed, had it kicking in before. It's definitely linked to the emission warning light coming on.

Code reader this weekend and I should know a bit more. On board diagnostics don't say anything about it at the moment!

Archived