Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need gears on a bike though.

Otherwise it's just a moped.

Mopeds have gears .

Twist and go scooters do not .

As for gears vs auto box in a car . Try driving in snow or icy conditions and you will realise why a manual box gives far superior control over the transmission .

Same when your battery fails , you can't bump start an auto box .

Auto boxes have their place though . In huge hp car builds where a manual box / clutch cannot cope with the power !!

Autos are for lazy people and fat yanks

Mopeds have gears .

Twist and go scooters do not .

As for gears vs auto box in a car . Try driving in snow or icy conditions and you will realise why a manual box gives far superior control over the transmission .

Same when your battery fails , you can't bump start an auto box .

Auto boxes have their place though . In huge hp car builds where a manual box / clutch cannot cope with the power !!

Autos are for lazy people and fat yanks

I've done quite a bit of driving in snow and ice conditions in my pickup. Meanwhile, I heard the same thing about off-roading in the desert, and I never had an issue that also wasn't an issue for those with manual gears too.

Being forced to attend a christening today. I'd rather stay in, drink coffee and watch terrahawks. First world problem.

I won't go to them. It's caused quite a bit of tension within my family because of it, but they are not something I agree with for little kids.

Its time for western politicians to wake up to the real problems that are being caused by goverment policy's at home and abroad .

!!

Every problem has a cause , and is it just me or do you get the feeling that the politicians are enjoying dividing communities and people for their own abnoxious , greedy gains !!

I can't work out if it's monetary gain or just pure ignorance and stupidity. It's interesting that terrorists feel the UK, US, Europe e.t.c. are fair game to attack, but even though they hate Jews, they won't touch Israel.  Israel has it's *suitcase* together and exude a not to be *fruitcage*ed with aura.  Our politicians are too *beep* to to get anywhere near that.

To be honest, am glad the country I'm in isn't like Isreal. If we were, we would have bombed northern Ireland into the stoneage during the troubles (who am I kidding, it's on going).

Wasn't too bad. When two singers turned up dressed as two characters from Frozen, I had to make my excuses and leave. They were both extremely good looking but, *fruitcage* me, I can't listen to music from Frozen anymore.

Last time I went to one I got asked to leave because I asked the baby if she wanted to be christened.

I couldn't understand the answer.

I was christened as Catholic but then I had a pushy Irish grandparent. However I pretty much renounced that as soon as I could.

Far too sane a human being to believe in hardline, traditional Catholicism anyway. I mean aside from a few odd little sects, Catholics are just all wrong. Except new Pope, even new Pope is accepting that Catholics need to come from the 14th to the 21st century.

'FireKnife'

I was Christened and forced to confirm. But I don't believe in any of it and my own kids certainly won't be. I don't believe in god, and even if he does exist, this is a being that is basically the greatest terrorist in human history. Raining fire on people, destroying whole cities, killing egyptian newborns? Not someone I want my kids looking up to.

Religion had it's uses when it was necessary to provide a uniting factor to what was basically a thousand warring Eropean tribes, with the emergence of national identities, it became largely irrelevent.

The PLO/Hezzbolla/"whatever they're called this week" attack Israel on a daily basis....

Of course.  But that's a bit different.  Some people support those guys so Israel have to *beep* foot around them.  No one supports the fundamentalists except the Saudis e.t.c.  No ones going to care if Israel turns it to 11 and starts taking out IS in their thousands.

Saudis have been fighting Islamic extremist groups for years and years. Thier anti-terror units don't mess around either, and go mess them up domestically. The RSAF has been bombing the *suitcase* out of AQ and other groups in Yemen for years too, and I believe they have been flying sorties against ISIS.

Individuals, both poor and powerful, may support extremist groups, but the Saudi government doesn't take kindly to extremists. King Abdullah has done a lot to drag that place out of the Middle Ages, and the appointments he makes for positions reflect his want of a better country.

Don't get me wrong, there are obviously elements in Saudi that are doing a top job kicking extremist *albatross* but a lot of funding is coming from there to terrorist groups.

On another note.  Taken 3 appears to be worse than Taken 2.  Oh well.

On another note.  Taken 3 appears to be worse than Taken 2.  Oh well.

Is that really such a surprise? It feels to me like they forgot the point of the first Taken with it's 18 certificate, hard edge story with some good gunplay and then just turned it into a one man Expendables. The second one was pretty bad but I had a feeling the third was going to be the same, if not worse.

To here it is worse just gets an 'oh well' from me. Might bother in a year when the DVD can be bought for a £1 on eBay but at £8.50 a ticket I am not going to bother.

'FireKnife'

Well the trailer looked OK.  Obviously not a surefire indication of a good film.  I guess I was just hoping they saw the mess of Taken 2 and thought, right guys, we don't want another one of those.  Pull your *fruitcage* fingers out.  Sadly though, fingers remained in.

To be honest the trailer to the second film made it look like a decent follow up to the third. Plus even the trailer had moments that made me feel 'this is just the second one again sans kidnapping'. However the trailer made it look passable, comments from those that have been to screenings (I follow a few here and there) have been negative, even comparing it to the second.

Still I think it is just because the first Taken was actually pretty good that we are hoping we can get such a thing again but to no avail.

Oh well, on to wondering how the next Bond and Star Wars films will be handled along with waiting to see if those remakes that I have seen are going to come about, some of which are the typical 'why bother' like Total Recall was. Seems Little Shop of Horrors is up next for a cash in.

'FireKnife'

What?!? Goodness me nnnnoooooooooooooooo.

Remaking a remake (regarding Little Shop of Horrors)? Bet they try to make a down and out horror, leave out the cheesy musical pieces. Steve Martin's immense in the remake of Little Shop of Horrors:- 'I shot my cat with a BB gun'. Evil *suitcase*.

Archived