My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah that's a very generous offer Tink, even if it makes me feel a little sick thinking about it.

I've got some money, its just going to make things tight but my mum said she'll help ensure my bills are paid as she knows I'm not pulling a sickie. Needs be I'll miss a payment on my debt plan as they'll be understanding.

Completely *fruitcage*ed up my plans though didn't it? Was so looking forward to going airsofting this Sunday but thats not going to happen. Worst thing is not being able to sleep properly though, well that and having no clue how long it'll last. Tend to bounce back quite quick though.

*Pizza may or may not arrive broken :P

You shut your mouth! ;) If I don't have any physical contact or proximity to the aforementioned pizza, i can inflict no harm upon it. ;)

Hah that's a very generous offer Tink, even if it makes me feel a little sick thinking about it.

I've got some money, its just going to make things tight but my mum said she'll help ensure my bills are paid as she knows I'm not pulling a sickie. Needs be I'll miss a payment on my debt plan as they'll be understanding.

Completely *fruitcage*ed up my plans though didn't it? Was so looking forward to going airsofting this Sunday but thats not going to happen. Worst thing is not being able to sleep properly though, well that and having no clue how long it'll last. Tend to bounce back quite quick though.

Offers there for when you're better, mate. Someone gave me some money for a meal a while back and it made a really *suitcase* week so much better, so least I can do is help you out. You seem like Good People, so may as well spread the love.

Todays rant:

I've got one of these outside my house:

FG-Wilson-P700E5-Generator_593.jpg

Yes, thats a generator.

Yes, that's a generator the size of a minibus.

Yes, it's outside my house.

Yes, of course it's the same side of my house as my bedroom.

WHAT? I CAN'T *fruitcage* HEAR YOU, THERE'S A GENERATOR THE SIZE OF A *fruitcage* WHALE OUTSIDE MY *fruitcage* BEDROOM!

I'VE NOT *fruitcage* SLEPT SINCE SUNDAY. I CAN HEAR THE *fruitcage* NOISE WHEN I'M AT WORK. I CAN'T *fruitcage* ESCAPE FROM THE ENDLESS *fruitcage* DRONING.

I fear murder may be the only way out.

Goodbye friends, I'll see you in 10-20 years.

Feeling inexplicably sad today.

I feel ya man. 

When I get like this I make a pros and con list about the short term/past present. Try and plan something to do after work which isn't just idle relaxing/domestic/whatever.

And if all else fails beast yourself on exercise of choice so you can go to sleep easier. or buy a rif.

Been on the breakfast gin again?

Not touched gin in literally years.

I feel ya man. 

When I get like this I make a pros and con list about the short term/past present. Try and plan something to do after work which isn't just idle relaxing/domestic/whatever.

And if all else fails beast yourself on exercise of choice so you can go to sleep easier. or buy a rif.

Might go for a walk later, provided it isn't chucking it down. Definitely can't buy a RIF though, as I have expensive GBB tastes these days and have a holiday to save for. ;)

Decided to stick some Mighty Mighty Bosstones on at work to get me through the day.

Wheres my SMR rail!!!  I ordered it monday, £10 next day delivery, wolf (shh I know) sent it same day, I was expecting it yesterday when it didn't arrive I called wolf and they gave me the tracking number, looked it up it said "at delivery location" so I called up UK mail and the rude woman who answered said we only got it today (not what the website says but ok with the snow i'll let them off) I'll make sure it goes tomorrow.  OK so I check this morning and the status is now delayed so I called up and the reason I got was "we didnt put it on the truck i'll make sure it goes tomorrow".... useless gits!

UK mail 

UKMail are terrible. If you do have to call them, try to get either Charlie or Hannah (MK customer service centre). They at least try to sort things out.

There is a lass there called Primjit who is fast on her way to earning a slap off one of my office girls.

Even if it's raining, walk anyway.

No such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing! I love being out in the rain if suitably attired :)

Suitable attire for rain = a car :P

Buffalo or any windstopper+fibre-pile clothing is the best clothing under almost any circumstances.

I have almost lost enough weight so that I can get into my old Buffalo salopettes and that will be a good day indeed They are the alpine ones so they have the crampon protection which hasn't worked and they are torn to bits.  They still work brilliantly.

Best case - Gore-tex and similar clothing will trap your sweat in and be fragile.  Worst case they fail and your layer system fails with it.

A single layer of fibre-pile next to the skin feels dry when it's wet, dries fast, has amazing thermal properties, flushes thoroughly for thermoregulation and can be layered even when the bottom layer is wet.

With a pile sleeping bag it can be left on while sleeping so you need a thinner bag and it isn't compressed as badly by your weight so you don''t lose loft and insulation under you.

I have down clothing and it is exhausting to wear, you have to be constantly aware of dirt and water because both will ruin the thermal properties of your insulation.

Buffalo can be caked in *suitcase* and soaked with sweat and still work comfortably.

I *fruitcage* love it.

Archived