My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got powerade for electrolytes and crumpets/white bread to try and stodge myself up.

I really can't afford another week off. Have a health checkup with the GP tomorrow and going to see if they'll do a proper diagnosis and determine if meds will work.

still cant get a project management job. may have to get an internship instead, getting paid practically nothing. i gave up a good job for this *suitcase*.

Darkchild

You still in Wilts? Its not teeming with employment opportunities tbh hence I found myself in London. 

DC- Good job? Remember the poor wages and the 'getting stabbed in the head' thing?

Yeah, i wasn't too bothered by certain things. It was the constant travel and missing every important event ever back home that bothered me.  Now I'm just poor.

@Skarclaw: yeah, all the jobs I find are in London or Bristol. Both would be a ball ache for travel, I'm not quite ready to join the rat race.

Darkchild

So today I applied for a job. Amongst other questions it asked me for a "Demonstrable commitment to inclusive working, ensuring equality and valuing diversity"

What the *fruitcage* am I supposed to say to that? "Yeah I've got a bengali mate"? seriously

I would reply that I treated everyone as equals based on their professional skills regardless of race, gender e.t.c.  I might add that I do not value diversity for the sake of it at the expense of getting a job done as best as possible.

Sounds like witchcraft.

Yes.

It also works like witchcraft.  Everyone I have spoken to who doesn't think it works was wearing it wrong - with stuff under it or too loose.

Army types are often stuck wearing what they are told to so it seldom works for them.

I love it.

What I hate is Amazon.

I have had my pre-order cancelled.  It has been 6 months fellas - what the *fruitcage*?

Still no sign of my rail, UK(F)mail picked it up Monday night from Wolf £9.50 next day delivery, no show on Tuesday so I called, the rude woman who answered advised me they only received it Tuesday which is a load of rubbish as their tracking clear states picked up at 7.19pm Monday, so she tells me " I'll make sure it goes tomorrow".  So Wednesday morning comes around and I check the tracking it now says "delayed" so I call up and Fraser  said "oh there's an issue with the delivery but i'll make sure it goes out tomorrow I asked what the delivery issue is as I'm having delivered to work where there's a massive post room and people here 24/7 Fraser checked to see what the issue is but there were no notes so he advises me someone will investigate and call me back. Wednesday goes by no call, no parcel so Thursday morning I check the tracking hasn't updated from Wednesday still saying delayed so I call them up again and Tyler answers this time and says oh theres a delay I'll make sure it goes out tomorrow. At this point I'm getting rather annoyed to say the least, so I call up Wolf they couldnt have been more apologetic and advised theyve had a few issues and may well be changing courier they then called up ukmail and started chasing from their end they then called me back and apologised and said if I dont get it today (friday)  theyll send me out another.  So this morning i get into work early and check on line, the status is still last updated Wednesday morning "delayed" so I call them up and this time I get the rather moody and sullen Ismail "its in our milton Keynes ware house, i'll make sure it goes tomorrow" at this point i've had enough so i ask to speak to a manager " managers dont take calls" is what i get in reply do you want me to get someone to call you back... I said yes but doubt i'll get a call.  The interesting thing is though I just looked up the Milton Keynes warehouse and its about 1/2 mile away so guess what i'm doing at lunch going to kick some *albartroth* and take some names oh yes!!!! 

What I hate is Amazon.

I have had my pre-order cancelled.  It has been 6 months fellas - what the *fruitcage*?

Is that the one for the long-awaited bike parts forged from the finest dwarven mithril?

What I hate is their policy on allowing marketplace sellers to advertise a very low price, but not combine shipping when you buy several nice low priced items from the same seller. Hooking you in with a low price, which you never actually get. 

massive rant.

Take a breath mate, then imagine this same conversation with them 3 times a day because your boss is purely a numbers man and won't switch courier because UKMail are cheapest and he can't see the damage they're doing to our reputation on his spreadsheet so it therefore must not be a real thing.

I'm very interested to see what they say when I turn up in person, I'll bet there will be some "rule" that is has to be delivered and cant be collected, I have a feeling it's been lost and they are just delaying still I will up date once I've paid them a visit! 

sorry for the rant but they really have annoyed me the staff clearly don't give 2 hoots! 

Scorch if you have to deal with these incompetent morons on a regular basis I feel for you mate I really do! 

Aye plus the person you're dealing with at the time might not be responsible for the balls up.

The amount of people who get bitchy with me at work because their food isn't up to scratch when I've not cooked it, simply served it. If you're understanding of that fact you're more likely to get somewhere.

Also, went to the doctors surgery. Unfortunately was only booked in with a nurse so need to go back to the walk in tonight to get a doctor to sort me out a sick note. Something tells me despite having the records I visited on Tuesday about my sickness getting the note off them will be a pain in the *albartroth*. Not sure its worth the £87 I can claim for statutory sick pay.

Yeah I work in customer service so I understand its not the individuals fault and even though I have been annoyed I have said "I understand its not your fault" but there's no taking responsibility and the attitude is so "yeah and" its infuriating I have been promised a call back twice that hasn't happened I have been lied to and its just not good enough.  I'm not going to kick off all sweary and aggro I shall be firm but polite and point out there failings and suggest if they can furnish me with my parcel that they've had in their warehouse since Monday ( and is about a mile away ) I will be mollified! 

Archived