My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Printers are the one area of IT and technology that as far as I can tell haven't advanced at all. They're still just as infuriating and illogical were in the 90s. Anyone tried to install an HP printer? It takes *fruitcage* ages and tries install all this useless bloatware. Ugh.

I have a really old Brother multi-function printer (Print, scan, fax, phone, copy) and the drivers are terrible, it breaks every time I turn off windows 7.

I have to re-install it every time I want to use it.

My wife uses it for work so it is important.

On the off-chance I plugged it into my Linux laptop and it worked - immediately.

Still does.

And the ink is *fruitcage* expensive.

Yup, that is why I carefully selected a printer that used the exact same laser toner cartridges that the old printers at work used before we switched to networked printers.

The day after the networked printers went in there were 10+ unused toner cartridges in the bin.

Two days later they were in my attic.

Laser printers FTW.  I don't buy the official HP toner but get new third party cartridges for under a tenner.  They go for reams and reams.

Laser is the way forward. Agreed.

I don't think it's the act itself.  From what I gather, some people are affected after due it being basically as close as you can get to another human (or anything, I'm not a cop :P) and then going back to no meaning relationship (assuming you're banging strangers) If it happens in a relationship, well that's probably not too good.

Post Coital depression?  If sex makes you sad, there is seriously something wrong going on.

Darkchild

yeah like I'm not jack the lad or something but since the start of the year I've met with three people just for sex - literally door to door.  It's not like "bad"  but it lacks the spontaneity of meeting someone on a night out or all that other *suitcase* that comes from knowing someone for a little while. Best way I can put it was "mechanical" and I wasn't into it at all. edit: like most people I'm normally a grinning idiot afterwards

That's why I don't get, how people like going to a strip club. It's like someone showing you your favourite meal buy you can't have it. Pointless (for me).

When my mate and I went to Birmingham to watch Slipknot the other week, the only place open late in the night (it was a Tuesday evening) was a strip club.

My mate went a got a lapdance (extras were not expensive, so I'm told) and I had a nice chat with the other stripper on duty, a lovely girl from Georgia called Svetlana (I can't remember her stripper name).

I opened up with "don't me, I'm not giving you any money, but I'll have a chat if you want."

We had a chat about how she escaped the War via Turkey when she was 16.  She showed me pictures of what she really looks like (she's ginger with curly hair, as opposed to bleached blonde) and she's saving up to be a psychologist.

Much more interesting than a lap dance in my opinion.

Darkchild

Talking about strippers and meaningless sex? Eh, so not going there :P.

Especially after my night. At least with this person we both know what it is so we don't worry about all the other stuff, just let it flow.

Wait this is the angry thread, so erm, no TM USPc (or full size) yet, damn.

'FireKnife'

Most strippers / lap dancers get a bad rep . Many of them are highly intelligent graduates / dancers

Mates Stag do in Plymouth I was aiding the massively inebriated best man with his getting-the-stag-laid plan - so chatted with the girls. One was incredibly annoyed I wasn't interested in her working practices, another turned out to be a few years behind me in terms of degree course and aspirations.

Cannot think of the recruiters expression with 'I used to be a stripper' on her Sandhurst application.

Professional dancer would be the reference that the ones I know would use on any job application .

We have one at our club at the moment who is funding her dance degree at the royal college of ballet , the money these girls can make as a top end table dancer is ridiculous !!

She has had . Dances for customers that have earned her 2000 pounds for a 5 minute private dance . And that's without the rest of the nights earnings . Even the not so successfull dancers are earning 200 quid per evening and that's on a non busy midweek night .

Most strippers / lap dancers get a bad rep . Many of them are highly intelligent graduates / dancers

If you don't talk to them / act like a complete knob , you will find they are just as easy to chat up /take on a date as any other girl

Really? My experience has been that they put a fake plum in their mouth to mask the thames estuary. Graduates yes, "highly intelligent" I dun fink so!!!

I'm a libertarian guy but without exception I have found strip clubs to be pretty depressing places.

Temptations?

Also, it looks like the anti 'skunk' propaganda machine is in full swing right now :rolleyes:

If that's the one half way down Union Street away from the town centre then yes.

Just remember the doorman on the opening night not realising he had an exit and an entrance. Walk in, collect welcome champagne, walk out. Rinse and repeat.

Professional dancer would be the reference that the ones I know would use on any job application .

We have one at our club at the moment who is funding her dance degree at the royal college of ballet , the money these girls can make as a top end table dancer is ridiculous !!

That actually got me thinking about how flexible she must be!

Also, I think I need to get on Tinder, preferably after making myself look more presentable. Which will be difficult since I feel sick and I'm taking a day off tomorrow.

The "cats" won't know what hit them.

Lose the paracord, too much give in it. Thick enough to see too. Cats have great night vision...

You need something thin like garden wire/piano string etc so boots/chavvy trainers cats paws catch on it easier ;)

True but cats are curious beasts and just as likely to whack it and set it off out by investigating it. Then next time they just do it to be *rickrolls*.

As for people well depends on the person. A pro would know what to look for, a non-pro just gets lucky if he even gets in and out with anything.

Either way you are much more likely for it to get set off by some dumb animal than a thieving scumbag.

'FireKnife'

Archived