My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had to spend £110 on getting a locksmith out to get into my room and change the lock. Given the dodgy landlord I reckon I won't be able to get him to cough up for it despite the lock being buggered.

If you ask the locksmith for a paper invoice I'm sure he'd give you one. That way you can go to the landlord and put the onus on him to pay.

Eh landlord is dodgy as hell. No tenancy agreement or contract, cash in hand etc.

I have a horrible feeling he'll pull a "I could've done it" but he wasn't available to and still isn't and I needed access. We tried everything short of cutting the lock but the wall was more likely to give in than the door or the lock. It needed to be removed with an angle grinder.

EDIT: I have a reciept detailing the issue and the buggered lock. I'm not going to roll over and take this.

Funnily enough the money I used to pay the locksmith was my rent money...

Heating was off last night so I woke up at 3am freezing cold. Woke at 6 for phys. Then the CO exploded my week as there's a meeting about op committments thats far more important*| than my department.

They've taken my venue and now I have to change my programme around to fit all the precious OC's diarys into it. *fruitcage* 'em - you wanna do a two hour long fitness test? Shame, only time availible is 0630.

*genuinely is very important.

So...

It turns out if you don't clip coolant hoses back on properly, they tend to leak a bit.

Who knew?!!

If it makes you feel any better I drove for half an hour with my hazards on - thinking I couldn't turn them off. Waving at passing motorists to apologise. Got home - rang my dad. "Have you tried pressing the hazard light button?"

"No..."

If it makes you feel any better I drove for half an hour with my hazards on - thinking I couldn't turn them off. Waving at passing motorists to apologise. Got home - rang my dad. "Have you tried pressing the hazard light button?"

"No..."

So... How did you turn them on? Or did you think the switch only worked once?

When I got my first motorbike and went to take it to work for the first time, I got in a blind panic as it wouldn't start no matter how much I kicked it over and ended up called my boss saying I had bike trouble and would be late.

Turns out it just needed a touch of choke on a cold morning.

IIRC they came on when I braked (I probably touched it by accident) and I assumed I had something to the electrics. In my panic I basically forgot I had a button for it.

Haha!

When I got my first motorbike and went to take it to work for the first time, I got in a blind panic as it wouldn't start no matter how much I kicked it over and ended up called my boss saying I had bike trouble and would be late.

Good old manual choke! My first car had one :)

I discovered the hard way that my bike would immediately die if you put it in gear while the kickstand was down.

I put up a load of posters on my bedroom wall to prove to people that I have a personality.

They keep falling off.

I'm not actually a real person :/

Back when I was new in the army people used to call me out for being weird, because every man jack had a wall covered in pictures of naked women/cars, and I had a blank wall.

I got so much grief for it, eventually I just put up fliers from all the clubs I went to, ended up with hundreds over the years.

Darkchild

*fruitcage* Visa.

They caught wind of someone operating a skimmer in one of the two areas I often use my debit card in. Their idea: block all cards that happened to be used in that area in an unspecified timeframe. Without telling anyone. At 4PM, just as everyone leaves work and goes shopping. Then, they got an even brighter idea: CANCEL all those cards. My bank fessed up only two hours after they did it, and issued a new card free of charge, which doesn't change the fact that 4PM is the singularly worst possible time to do it.

Archived