My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Standing on a plug is bad.
I stood on my ex-gf's straightener plug a while ago.  It couldn't have been more stupidly placed if she was doing it deliberately.
Sore.

The worst though is kneeling on a marble.

Today's annoyance is McDonald's.

I am on a diet, due to circumstances I had to go to McDonald's today.  I know in advance so I cut back on calories all day so I'd have enough for fast food.
I planned my dinner and got chicken etc. and had (just) enough to get a donut with my dinner.

It was utterly rank.  Stale and probably would have been horrible not stale.
I complained and they offered me - more food.  "I can't eat that, I'm on a diet" I said.

Then I had to try and explain to the idiot that the one bite I had meant that I didn't have enough spare calories to have a whole other one.

Idiots.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blu-ray player is playing up on my ps4. The top quarter of the screen is acting a bit 'kingdom bird of prey trying to cloak' (distorting but not pixilating). All the games work fine, playing a game works fine. Just blu-rays and it's driving me nuts. I just want to watch The Babadook. Watched it before, but that's not the point. First world problem. *fruitcage*.

If you want a cheap laugh go to the lego Facebook page and have a look at some of the "complaints" by people trying to get free *suitcase*. If it's not a couple of missing blocks (which lego will replace for free) apparently causing their kid major physiological damage (sorry but if they're really that affected then you have bigger issues than a couple of missing lego blocks) then its claims lego condone drug use as the palm leaves are cannabis

Standing on a plug is bad.

I stood on my ex-gf's straightener plug a while ago.  It couldn't have been more stupidly placed if she was doing it deliberately.

Sore.

The worst though is kneeling on a marble.

Today's annoyance is McDonald's.

I am on a diet, due to circumstances I had to go to McDonald's today.  I know in advance so I cut back on calories all day so I'd have enough for fast food.

I planned my dinner and got chicken etc. and had (just) enough to get a donut with my dinner.

It was utterly rank.  Stale and probably would have been horrible not stale.

I complained and they offered me - more food.  "I can't eat that, I'm on a diet" I said.

Then I had to try and explain to the idiot that the one bite I had meant that I didn't have enough spare calories to have a whole other one.

Idiots.

Get a new one and leave a bite behind.

That's not good. Also pe ple who *fruitcage* with your heating settings should be beaten severely. My mother was round the other day and my heating is now back on a timer system at a retarded temperature so i had to drop the temp on the thermostat on sunday and thw timer means it's not kicked in all day today. I need an electroscock barrier cover for the thermostat.

Waiting for Dreadnoughts..

Doesn't state how much she's flown it, or if she can target anything, or if she has the capacity to engage other flying targets.

ha I can totally see that coming... recovering the brain of some SAS chap and mapping it to hard drive of some spidertank. Pretty hideous really but I love all things mech so I'll let it slide ;)

Also from the article;

"We now see a future where we can free the brain from the limitations of the human body and I think we can all imagine amazing goof (sic)things and amazing potential bad things that are on the other side of that door."

yeah *rickroller* you've wired up a woman to a F35 FIGHTER JET!!! It's not like  you've helped a disabled woman, I dunno, help earthquake survivors. Or pilot a little robot to dispose of nuclear waste. Nope, you've hooked her up to something that within 10 years time will have the capacity to carry nuclear weapons. What the *fruitcage* does he expect??? 

I probably should've said automated drones.

But I've not been able to follow the link and therefore assumed she was in the cockpit of the craft. If they're still in the aircraft there is still risk to their lives.

How exactly? Both allow murder with impunity.

Having spent an awful lot of time in an Ops room I can say that no, they don't randomly murder - clearance to fire takes an incredible amount of effort. Pilots and operators are culpable for their actions, and as the authority for lethal force comes from the chain of command they are also responsible.

The technology however doesn't state how much actual control she had 'I flew an aircraft' or 'she flew an aircraft' can simply mean that she steered it for 20 seconds in clear airspace. I've 'flown' a helicopter, however it was already in the sky with nothing to hit or crash into.

Having spent an awful lot of time in an Ops room I can say that no, they don't randomly murder - clearance to fire takes an incredible amount of effort. Pilots and operators are culpable for their actions, and as the authority for lethal force comes from the chain of command they are also responsible.

Will have to disagree with you there :) . I think the "authority for lethal force" is irrelevant - it's mere justification. Especially when enemy combatants = every male of "fighting age". Collateral damage is the military phrase for murder.  The greatest threat to a drone operator is suicide

...enemy combatants = every male of "fighting age"... 

Circa 2006 maybe - In order to engage a target the person firing the weapon must have reason to do so. Either they've been cleared to engage (post a Collateral damage estimate, if there's non-combatant lives involved clearance will not be given) or they'll be firing in self defence or defence of another human.

Positively identifying a target (or PID) is required before ANY lethal or non-lethal force is taken.

I think the "authority for lethal force" is irrelevant - it's mere justification

It isn't irrelevant if it's the reason. Simply put, NATO forces will not fire a weapon or weapon system at another human without 100% confirmation that they're aiming at the right person(s) and have reason to do so. Either they're a baddie and we know they are because of intelligence gathering, or they're a baddie that is trying to kill someone else.

Archived