My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife is ill. Again. We think she has mumps - very serious as an adult with a compromised immune system and manifold medical problems (which we won't go into).

That would be bad enough on its own, but due to this illness, we won't be able to attend the Thunder gig in Birmingham tomorrow night. Which is a pain, since neither the tickets nor the hotel room are refundable. They are, however, transferable.

Due to how close the event is, I can't list the tickets on the various official (rip-off) ticket-reselling sites. I've listed them on Thunder's own Facebook page, my own Facebook and every group I can think of. So far, no interest.

If anyone is interested in two tickets to see Thunder in Birmingham's Barclaycard Arena AND a double room in the nearby Travelodge hotel (including continental breakfast for two on Saturday morning), please let me know. Cost me about £150, open to any sensible offers. Collection from Derby area, since there's not enough time to post them.

Thanks, Shmook.

We're used to it, really, although it's been worse this past year - mostly due to hospital *fruitcage* ups for which there's apparently no evidence or actionable case...  <_<

Sometimes I don't know why we bother trying to book anything further in advance than about 2 hours, it's just too unpredictable.

Do.... Do you have an open relationship?

I could put in a good word for you? :P

Whilst she's talking to other peoples missus' can you book her in to talk to mine? She sounds awesome! 

She's alright. Hard work at times though for myriad crazy reasons.

I'm not sure if he wanted out to be honest.

Daft way of going about it, but its clarkson...

If he goes, it will be the death of top gear, even if the rumours are true and chris evans steps in. They are a well-oiled machine and it would take years to get back to their comfort level/friendship.

If it's true, he shouldn't have hit the bloke, and even though a big chap he doesn't come across as a scrapper. Something isn't right about it.

I'm a huge fan of his. Makes me do a sad too :(

Probably another media diversion to take our eyes of something else ( ie the mps paedo raids )

Top gear will wither and die without clarkson as will the bbcs income ,!! Expect a hike in licence fees sometime soon if clarkson leaves ..

Still no interest in the tickets I can't use.

You wouldn't think it would be so hard to move tickets to a sold-out gig - so many people were complaining that they couldn't get a ticket on the release day, but where are they now?

Do you have them on Gumtree?  What about an ebay 24 hour auction?

As for Top Gear.  Word is, it was a swing and miss.  No contact.  And yeah.  Top Gear definitely dies if Clarkson leaves.  If he truly is fired/leaves/quits whatever, the BBC will be utterly *fruitcage*ed.  Think of the contracts they have all over the world to air the eps.  They would stand to lose millions.  I say screw the BBC.  Take hamster and May and go to Netflix or whatever.  There's going to be production companies throwing money at them.

Coming up for 800K signatures as I type this lol. The BBC are going to end up looking prats however this turns out.

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

I also say screw the bbc.

Massively inclined to not pay license fee any more, but the workaround seems quasi-legal.

However, I can't see how it's legal for a private corporation to charge anyway and you get locked up if you don't pay. Probably should read up on that!

I also say screw the bbc.

Massively inclined to not pay license fee any more, but the workaround seems quasi-legal.

However, I can't see how it's legal for a private corporation to charge anyway and you get locked up if you don't pay. Probably should read up on that!

The BBC isn't privately owned, it's a "Crown Corporation"

Do you have them on Gumtree?  What about an ebay 24 hour auction?

eBay have changed their rules and "moved all ticket sales to StubHub" where buyers and sellers alike can be ripped off even more. If you sell a ticket for £100 on StubHub, the buyer will have to pay £109 but you will only get £88. The remaining £21 of the price the buyer pays goes to StubHub (an eBay company). Oh, but wait, if you receive your payment by PayPal (an eBay company) which you HAVE to, you will lose still more of your money in PayPal fees, so you only actually get £84.81. eBay's various companies keep £24.19 of the £109 the buyer paid.

Also, all tickets HAVE to be posted, either direct to the buyer or via StubHub's "escrow" holding facility. Because of this, you can only list tickets for events at least 5 days in the future.

Ticketmaster's reselling site, Get Me In, isn't quite as much of a rip off, but still has postage-only rules and minimum lead time for listings, so I can't use them either. Gumtree might be an option but I don't have an account.

None of this would be a problem if tickets came with decent refund conditions - if you don't attend the event due to a genuine good reason such as illness, accident, etc you should get a refund. Likewise, hotel bookings - if you don't actually stay in the room, you shouldn't have to pay for it.

*Shrug*

Today's rant: *suitcase* markings on things

When faced with the choice of taking the time to put really bad, tacky markings on things, or just leaving it well alone, why is it that the Chinese can't just leave it plain?

The item in question is a laser sight. They've elected to engrave "laser scope" down the side of it, and "armed forces" around the bezel.

Seriously?

Archived