My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Is this any better? Something I bought to cheer myself up. As for the fitness test thing I have always said it should be one flat fitness test regardless of gender. Basically because if I was in i would want to know that if one of the guys in my unit gets hit and goes.down that I can get him and his kit back to base if.needed. I'd want to know I can move him into cover or onto a chopper. I wouldn't want to have othe rs carrying my kit because I can't manage and I would want to be carrying g thw same.gear thw same ammo for the lmg the same amount of breaching gear the same amount of extra rounds for the 40mm. I'd want to know I'm able.to take.my turn carrying the at4 and if I'm in that kind.of.unit, on a long March be able to take the base plate or tripod portion of a heavier weapons system. Basically I wouldn't want to be a liability or not be able to pull my weight by either forcing others to carry more weight or not have gear the team need because I am not capable of carrying the needed kit.

Very nice, thank you.

I agree on the above.  You will always find that there are people with different strengths and weaknesses.

In the army I was weak at running and strong at tabbing.

On top of the LSW I always somehow ended up with the radio, spare batteries, pick, shovel, extra mags, bandoleers, bar mine etc. meaning my bergen was over 65kg most of the time.

Every now and then I'd get some *suitcase* for holding everyone up but that soon changed when I suggested a kit swap for someone else's 35-40kg handbag.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fantastic thing about Reddit is that it's a near-fully customisable forum.

Reddit is broken up into communities called SubReddits, which normally cover a specific area, interest etc. So I'm subscribed to subreddits like /r/UnitedKingdom, /r/Airsoft, /r/BodyBuilding (lol), and the posts all appear in one feed. You can upvote or downvote posts so they appear higher or lower on the page. Great fun.

Googly eyes everywhere more and more inanimate objects acquiring eyes by the day soon soon they will have the power they require to take over the world. But till then they wait, ominously yet in a comedic way googling everyone into a false sense of security. But one day the sigal will be received and the eyes will turn, harnessing the power of the item they are attached to and the only warning will be the change to.....

Evileye.gif

of course it's highly possible this is all *badger*s because I am sleep deprived and dealing with a med shortage thanks to my *fruitcage*wit gp.

No cost.

PM me your address.

My Googlye-eye equipped MAR caused much consternation and death today at the game.

Turns out it was a private booking for a mate's birthday.  I though he was going to a normal game-day for his birthday.

There were 6 of us including a lady called Lauren who may have been the best first timer I have ever played against.

She had a borrowed full-length full-metal RISed up M16 and was about 5' tall.

Without any coaching she was holding the rifle Costa style by the second game and changing location after every shot she took.

Totally fearless and aggressive too.

Stunning.

Killed me plenty.

After we were done I had to empty my mags to ease the springs, I changed the FCU over from safe-semi-5rnd burst to safe-semi-auto and buzzed through the last few rounds.

Everyone expressed their thanks that it wasn't on auto at all during the day.

You know, sometimes even the misery thread should be a nice place.

I hope you feel better soon PD.

...sea shanties?

Got a problem with my choice of entertainment? I happen to like the acapella harmonies which are evident in old sea shanties. (plus now I've finished Assassins Creed 4: Pirating) I've a lack of sea shanties in my life. That fullffills it quite nicely. :)

But yeah, Sea Shanties. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

But yeah, Sea Shanties. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

You misunderstand my query. I just wouldn't have thought that sea shanties would get much in the way of discussion these days.

Do people still even write sea shanties?

They must do. My brother was listening to some modern sea shanties when I last visited him. I'll see if I can grab the name of the group off him.

My laptop doesn't seem to want to play with the internet the past couple of days which is a pain in the backside

Most recently, I've been annoyed by people who don't know what an airsoft gun is, anything about the laws regarding buying/selling them or what they're worth.

Facebook%20Springer.png?_subject_uid=164

The AK47 shown is a 130fps springer made by Yika, it's later revealed. A new one is worth something between £15-20 and comes with a laser and taclight (to use the terms loosely) which fit on the rails to either side of the handgrip. The same person is also offering a Battle Force M4 variant for £80.

The lack of knowledge about the legalities ###### me right off.

The number of times I see something on a Facebook thread and start to write a comment on law is silly.

I then remember its a Facebook thread, and delete what I've written as I can't be arsed with the zero one level of 'omg spamzorz gayfaglol' comments I would receive.

Edit, link no worky for me, CK...

Archived