My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarkson is an oaf but he winds up the professionally offended so is ok in my books.

People in media are utter *Ubarflock* (I have it on good authority that Konnie Huq is a bit of a *badgeress* and made someone travel literally miles for a specific sandwich) but if you've ever complained about your boss/manager its hard to defend what he did.

He needs to get his ego in check asap then go to netflix and make £££. 

Reminder:

In 2012-13 200,000 people were prosecuted for failing to pay for a tv license.

Failing to pay tv license makes up about 1/10 court cases.

BBC don't actually have detector vans - that's just a scare tactic. They do it on a database level and random chance. 

You also don't have to let them in your house. But they might turn up with a copper if you don't. Luckily you don't have to let them in your house either. Talk through the letterbox instead!

Are there really that many people going to court due to TV licensing?  Madness.  I was under the impression they could only prosecute you if you admitted to watching TV or if they caught you red handed i.e. film you through your window watching TV.

I await Clarkson's return on Netflix/Sky on "Full Throttle" Or *fruitcage* it.  Let's go nice and simple with just "Power"

People in media are utter *Ubarflock* (I have it on good authority that Konnie Huq is a bit of a *badgeress* and made someone travel literally miles for a specific sandwich) 

I've not met many folks from the media, but strangely TV angry man Gordon Ramsay was a nice bloke, and kids TV presenter Michael Underwood was an arrogant *beep* who couldn't handle his drink, didn't know when to cut his losses and stop gambling and thought he was better than everyone around him.

Are there really that many people going to court due to TV licensing?  Madness.  I was under the impression they could only prosecute you if you admitted to watching TV or if they caught you red handed i.e. film you through your window watching TV.

I await Clarkson's return on Netflix/Sky on "Full Throttle" Or *fruitcage* it.  Let's go nice and simple with just "Power"

Depressingly, yes. Also unlike a parking fine etc you will have criminal record. Madness!

So, the managers said she has an attitude problem, he tells her, and then she tells everyone in work? Why wasn't he punished? Sounds like typical bad management to me.

Well he told his missus who probabaly then mouthed off at a manager. And he is being punished I reckon as three team leaders were interviewed for shift leader, two were given the job as soon as the interview was over while he was told he'd be informed. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get it for not being able to keep confidentiality.

And they seem to think I must be psychic. But the reason I asked to be included in daily comms was to increase efficiency and my independence.

Are there really that many people going to court due to TV licensing?  Madness. 

Madness that so many people are flouting the law, or madness that they're being caught and prosecuted for it?

Regardless of your opinion of the BBC - personally I don't rate them highly - or the government/taxes in general, it's the LAW. If you want to own and watch TV, you have to pay the "License fee" - basically just a tax - the same as you must pay the tax if you want to own and drive a car, or pay income tax, NI subscriptions, VAT, fuel excise duty and all the other taxes we struggle under the burden of.

Maybe it's not fair - but what's even LESS fair is that some people should get away without paying, thereby increasing the burden on everyone else to make up the shortfall.

Madness that so many people are flouting the law, or madness that they're being caught and prosecuted for it?

Regardless of your opinion of the BBC - personally I don't rate them highly - or the government/taxes in general, it's the LAW. If you want to own and watch TV, you have to pay the "License fee" - basically just a tax - the same as you must pay the tax if you want to own and drive a car, or pay income tax, NI subscriptions, VAT, fuel excise duty and all the other taxes we struggle under the burden of.

Maybe it's not fair - but what's even LESS fair is that some people should get away without paying, thereby increasing the burden on everyone else to make up the shortfall.

"One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law."

Discuss  :D 

What I mean is if I import something which should I should pay income tax for, and it comes to my door without being "hit by customs" then that's great - I've lucked out! I guess that they could send me an invoice after? (I don't know this but would be interesting to find out). Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say is that I consider not paying the license fee like that. If you get caught then gutted but until they catch you? Any unfairness in this situation is down to the people instigating it which is the beeb imo.

"One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law."

Discuss  :D 

Taxation is unjust? Especially taxation on non-essential luxuries such as television? 

Taxation is unjust? Especially taxation on non-essential luxuries such as television? 

For the most part - yes it is.

But even then I think the onus is on the party creating the unfairness which imo is the BBC, not the people avoiding it. 

Specifically speaking - if television is a non-essential luxury why are people being taxed to fund it? If the Government can make ISP's get people to "opt in" to not having pre-made filters they can do the same for television. I can't see how the BBC or the idea of a public/statebroadcaster can be justified.

So UK Tactical want £40 plus shipping for a set of Sawfly frames and smoke lens (there is currently 15% off eyewear though I guess) when I can get a full set of (admittedly surplus) Sawfly's for £35 from next to my work.

Thing is I only need the frame and smoke lens as someone pinched mine. I suppose I could always ebay a frame and some smoke glasses but they all seem to be American sellers.

I can't wear the large set I have (I didn't realise there were different sizes) for skirmishing as I got a BB bounce inside with them and I'm yet to experiment with other eye pro. Considering full seal given the injuries I've seen but I fog like hell. Some of the Smith optics (just not the boogie regulators) seem quite handy.

So yeah, I know this was 4 months ago but I have been looking for my missing Sawfly revision glasses since then and I just found them on the dashboard of a truck at work.  Some *albatross* hat stole them.

Anyway, I have stolen them back and I still don't want them.

Do you still want them?  I can't find a size on them though.

I don't care what people get up to in the privacy of their own home - but if you want to put butter on your wheatbix, don't ever ask me to "accept it". I'll tolerate it, sure. But accept it? Not gonna happen. Call be a bigot if you want but its just not right.

I find adding just a bit of milk to the weetabix, till its soggy enough for preferred soggynes, helps with the curved bowl Base dilemma.

The problem lies in the fact that to get the bottom of the weetabix sufficiently soggy, you have a load of milk in the bottom of the bowl completely untouched. So when the weetabix gets to where I want it, it drops into the excess milk and goes too far. 

And I'm not gonna pre-snap my weetabix so they fit the bowl. That way lies madness. I'd rather acquire a more suitable bowl.

Archived