My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Nearly had an incident with my eye this weekend. Not Airsoft related.

Was holding a plastic break up board during some training at the weekend, nice hefty bloke ran, jumped, kicked through the board. Beautiful.

The other person to my left failed to keep hold of the board, which left his hand, turned in mind and slipped out, smacking me in the side of the head, about a cm from my eye.

Lucky not to lose the eye, which could have happened if it had hit much closer. The boards are very solid. You could happily smash a car into a brand new shape with one...

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, no I know. There's a place in doncaster that does rebuilds. Problem is, if the charger has been starved of oil, it may have caused internal damage to the charger housing or random bit on the inside.

Praying it's going to be ok though.

Also going to thoroughly check all the other oil lines and coolant pipes. Desperately do not want to drop oil or coolant on the nurburgring. That would literally bankrupt me. D:

Plus you have to go to doncaster which is a *fruitcage* hellhole.

And I have a few forces friends and my dad is ex forces and the aftercare is . Most of them have gone through stages of not being good with civi life and most went into a system that was just as regimented (either working for prison service, police or the gov directly). If my dad was young.enough still he would go back in today I think. He was... idk.he wasn't on the meds for the bipolar stuff and was less... idk.less extreme at either end but the bastards privatised his job sector and he got made redundant and because he wasn't mates with the *albartroth* flight Sarge who had jumped ship before the privatisation was announced he didn't. Get taken on. They also didn't complete the promotion he was owed as the privatisation handover froze promotions in his field so doing the duties of a Sgt badged as Brevet Sgt but paid and cashed out as a corporal at the end of it.

If I could have i'd have gone in at 17 tried to do the going in through uni thing. I tried for each service passed th fitness test but failed the medical as my condition is a permenant barrier to entry encoded into either Law or MOD rules with no possibility of a waiver.

Growing up in a forces family has given me some great experiences but it's also damaged me a little. I can't really hack being in one place too long, get edgy and want to leave so... even if I get the job I want one day I can't see myself staying at one school or uni very long.

You could check out the other H. Jon Benjamin stuff; Bob's Burgers is excellent.   Jon Benjamin Has A Van is pretty amusing.  Of course the precursor to Archer is Frisky Dingo which might seem a bit rough around the edges compared to the refined Archer but still worth a watch. 

As for other comedies, I'd say the following are compulsory viewing;

Party Down
Parks and Recreation
Trailer Park Boys
Eastbound and Down
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Legit

Rick And Morty

Most UK people haven't heard of most of these but they are gold.  Days of top quality entertainment right there.

I thought that at first.  It's something you need a few episodes to get into but it's hilarious.  Seriously, I suggest you revisit it.  Maybe jump in at the last season (Nine) and see what you think.

Also, The League is worth a watch.  It's centered on American Fantasy football which I have no interest in whatsoever but it's funny enough for that to not be an issue.

Ooo, and definitely watch Community. 

Some bellend nearly smashed into my car whilst flooring it from a copper chasing him this evening on the way home from work. I'd be interested to know what started the chase, because it was some sort of gimpy police van type thing chasing the car.

Ah yeah.  I can why you would think it was bad.  It needs a bit more to get into, establish the character and get the tone of what they're going for.  Definitely give it another go.  I wouldn't steer you wrong heh.  It's currently sitting at 8.6 on IMDB so can't be that bad. I mean, it has scheming, drunken and high shenanigans, gun fights and general bastardization of the English language to comedic effect.  What more could you ask for?

That reminds me of when I was in France a few years back,  pulling away from a toll barrier thing.  Guy in a convertible Lambo utterly floors it and a screams away from barrier.  A few minutes later, one of these little guys comes pootling past, siren and lights going.

SBoOrRSl.jpg

A few minutes later, Lambo pulled over and getting a ticket with a very unhappy female passenger standing on the side of the road with arms crossed looking very embarrassed lol.

Some bellend nearly smashed into my car whilst flooring it from a copper chasing him this evening on the way home from work. I'd be interested to know what started the chase, because it was some sort of gimpy police van type thing chasing the car.

Van will have been the nearest patrol, and will break off as soon as traffic rock up in a swanky Beemer :)

Apparantly if I take painkillers I shouldn't be at work because I am 'under the influence of a drug and a liability to my bosses' I also have 'no right to my medication at work' and should just cope....

Also apparantly immense pain can be treated with codeine when not at work and a combination of Advil and ice packs when on break whilst at work and if I'm not capable of that then I shouldn't be working since my drugs make me a liability.

Also because I challenged this pompous *rickroller* I am 'angry and bitter at the world' because I challenged his notion that 'the world doesn't change because I am in pain ' by pointing out that there are several times where having a valid scrip changes how you are treated.

Also apparantly him having had a tumor pushing on his spine makes him more able to say what immense pain is than me with a damaged spine because he didn't like my point that any pain managed with OTC meds and ice packs isn't really deserving of the label of 'immense'

And also my case is very specific and of course that makes his blanket general arguement look weak but that's perfectly ok and my specific arguement doesn't change the fact he is in the right.

My god reddit is full of *Ubarflock*.

You could check out the other H. Jon Benjamin stuff; Bob's Burgers is excellent.   Jon Benjamin Has A Van is pretty amusing.  Of course the precursor to Archer is Frisky Dingo which might seem a bit rough around the edges compared to the refined Archer but still worth a watch. 

As for other comedies, I'd say the following are compulsory viewing;

Party Down

Parks and Recreation

Trailer Park Boys

Eastbound and Down

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Legit

Rick And Morty

Most UK people haven't heard of most of these but they are gold.  Days of top quality entertainment right there.

Have you tried "Workaholics"? My flatmate aptly described it as "adult Ed, Edd and Eddy. Permanently stoned."

Also, in case someone comes up with a post-nuclear photoshoot again, I was considering getting those American Football shoulder pads as a base for armor, but they're at least 35 quid and my budget is kinda strained these days (I have 20 quid earmarked for a different costume, and that's after coughing up 40 quid on the patches for it).

Got to work at 7:20, in order to get out early and grab a couple of particularly ugly and heavy, yet very postnuclear-feeling rags at the thrift shop. It's clearance day and I'll be off if I find out that some people are willing to buy the oddest, most useless *suitcase* as long as it's 20 pence a kilo.

Also, does anyone have any idea what would a shooter or a hunter need a heavy leather jacket with real heavy duty rubber reinforcements on the elbows and one shoulder?

Archived