My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why isn't cockwomble on the auto-swear correct?

I feel it should be.

Having done many a job trying to plan 30+ peoples lives around a month long rota I sympathise - it's all in the man management rulebook (Let the system force you to be a twazzock but carefully plan being a twazzock around home/work balance.)

I don't know why but it's in my phone's predictive text :)

Basically he's moved me and others off days only Monday to Friday to days, nights and weekends just because the company doesn't have enough relief staff to cover holidays and none of us on days are able to swap shifts

My old supervisor used to do the rota week by week, and blind to the previous week. 

After I did a close (8pm-5am) on a saturday night followed by a line clean (10am-7pm) on the sunday I had to sit him down and politely explain exactly why that made him a *Ubar*.

When I was 18 I got a job in my local pub while hampering an evening shift as a lifeguard.

The landlord couldn't see why I refused to work 1000-1600 in the pub, followed by 1600-2300 as a lifeguard. Can't turn up to 'save people' stinking of booze. Without any transit time to get me to the next job.

It's 'cock' the swear filter doesn't recognise (as a swear), for the gbb threads would be full of holes if it was.

'Yeah that's a cute baby boy, but when he gets to your age he'll be a pain just like you'. Mother to her young child today. I said to my son (the baby boy in question) 'that's what we call a *Ubar*, Matthew'.

It's 'cock' the swear filter doesn't recognise (as a swear), for the gbb threads would be full of holes if it was.

'Yeah that's a cute baby boy, but when he gets to your age he'll be a pain just like you'. Mother to her young child today. I said to my son (the baby boy in question) 'that's what we call a *Ubar*, Matthew'.

Not meaning to question your parenting skills, but isn't using that sort of language around him just going to cause you problems later on? Not disagreeing with your findings in anyway, just genuinely curious as to the mindsets of parents.

I actually said 'ubar' as that is the swear word filter for '*Ubar*' (yes, I like to use 'ubar'). You ask why, so by extention, you are questioning parental unit skills (which is the correct thing to do).

Swearing around children is a no-no for me.

Bin vans absolutely reek (smell bad) and on a warm day like today, they *fruitcage* stink to high heaven. And I mean REEEEEEEEEEK.

I hate having to watch the boy suffer, he got rushed into hospital yesterday full on ambulance job. They thought it was appendicitis but turns out it's a 4mm Kidney stone that's somewhere between the kidney and the start of the ureter.

apparantly they really really suck for men. He's used to pain but he was screaming in agony and the meds he takes for day to day use just weren't touching it at all.

Doesn't help that visiting hours are really stupid unhelpful times and that they have messed up his meds anyway and he has to wait 4 hours 'so it doesn't look like we prescribed too much' to sort out their error.

I'm going to window shop for swords or guns I think.

Sorry to hear that, Para. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Yeap, in built auto swear filter. After many years watching movies on TV (flip you still makes me chuckle), I have my own swear word filter. It can be more amusing than just calling someone a *fruitcage* *rickroll*. You truckin' bat works well for me.

Why is it pills he has been taking on his own on a regular schedule for 3 years absolutely fine become horribly dangerous things he cannot possibly be trusted with in hospital. To the point they are confiscated and locked up!

I'd be more respectful of their claims if they hadn't *fruitcage*ed up the dosages and times every single *fruitcage* dose time and messing up meds like oxycontin isn't clever.

Quote of the day 'can you wait till 2 am (3 hours after meds are due) so it.doesnt look like we have misprescribed and tried to overdose you'

As for swear filters I just use 'socially acceptable swears' like bellend.

Pleb seems to be quite offensive to some. Makes me think of something that should be washed off a man's Johnson.

No means no and not '*fruitcage* you', so if I say no thank you and you say 'I was only trying to help' you're a trucking welt.

Pleb is a good toned down one to use.  I'm fond of cretin too. And yes, I know cretin could be argued to be as bad as calling someone a retard but hardly anyone knows that.  There's always the reliable tit to fall back on.

What is it with webshops that have expiration times on keeping stuff in the basket?   Some shops will keep stuff there for days, perhaps weeks whereas others, I'll come back after an hour or so and it's all gone.  Bloody annoying.  I'm letting you use cookies and I still have this *suitcase*.

Pleb is short for plebeian which mostly means the crowd.  It's only an insult if you mean it as one.

Retard is (to me) the same, it has a meaning and the meaning is clear.  If you are behaving like an 8 year old when you are 30.  That is retarded.

I suppose in my line of work it isn't as insulting since there is a "retarder" fitted to most of our gear.

Now, I suppose it is because (not being a scumbag) I never used as a generic slur against people with disabilities.

I hate having to watch the boy suffer, he got rushed into hospital yesterday full on ambulance job. They thought it was appendicitis but turns out it's a 4mm Kidney stone that's somewhere between the kidney and the start of the ureter.

apparantly they really really suck for men. He's used to pain but he was screaming in agony and the meds he takes for day to day use just weren't touching it at all.

Doesn't help that visiting hours are really stupid unhelpful times and that they have messed up his meds anyway and he has to wait 4 hours 'so it doesn't look like we prescribed too much' to sort out their error.

I'm going to window shop for swords or guns I think.

Been there - it sucks.

The good news it that it will pass (literally).

Indeed.  Retard/retarded has a legitimate, non disabled people offending use.   It would be retarded to try to clean a 500m2 floor with a toothbrush for instance. Retard; to hold back one's progress or development.

Or just say stupid? Another offensive word that I try not to say 'mong'. I agree, within context retard/retarded has a legitimate use, and as said, though most people use it to pick on a person who has learning differculties (and who has heard it for years).

It would be great if everyone had a thick skin, but not everyone does and having seen first hand, what a simple word can do, I just try to cut it out.

I think that my favorite British offensive word would be "berk". Hilariously enough, the local name for game of tag is "berek".

Also:

a friend scammed me out of a falafel yesterday,

my supply of caffeinated chocolate just ran out,

Sniper Elite III is on Steam Sale and my budget is strained,

and I'm sick and tired of all this *suitcase*.

I think that my favorite British offensive word would be "berk". Hilariously enough, the local name for game of tag is "berek".

I don't think anyone I know has ever used that.

The best for Britishness is "pillock"

*badger*s. Always useful when carrying out manual labor and you manage to leave a part out or where given the wrong frame for a job (window frame being mis-labelled). *badger*s.

CBeebies; honestly, I *fruitcage* hate the channel.

Hate. It.

Archived